TNF: Fish at Ravens

YoloinOhio

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One Ravens LB will disagree with you. He said what Kiko did is what they are all told to do. Because Falcco slid so late he got hit in the head.

Had he slid earlier Kiko would have gone over the top of him.

And to each his own, but I strongly disagree. Hey, IMO there are far too many rules nowadays about what a Defender can and can't do...I sound old, but back in the day, you tried to knock a receiver's teeth out if he came across the middle, you could actually sack the QB and the game played like a physical sport more then than today....but, as for the intentional head shot on a sliding QB, yeah Kiko could have done it differently, he just knew he was going to get away with a dangerous play....as for Kiko going over the top of him, well yeah - had Flacco slid 2 yards earlier he couldn't even be touched, but re-watch the play, Kiko lunged as Flacco was sliding...he knew. No convincing me otherwise. It was dirty, cheap and childish.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21174506/baltimore-ravens-qb-joe-flacco-big-hit

You can see if you pause the video in the link, Flacco starts slide about the 13, in full slide by the latest at 11, and Kiko launches from the 9....sorry, he knew what he was doing.

Edited by BigBuff423

And to each his own, but I strongly disagree. Hey, IMO there are far too many rules nowadays about what a Defender can and can't do...I sound old, but back in the day, you tried to knock a receiver's teeth out if he came across the middle, you could actually sack the QB and the game played like a physical sport more then than today....but, as for the intentional head shot on a sliding QB, yeah Kiko could have done it differently, he just knew he was going to get away with a dangerous play....as for Kiko going over the top of him, well yeah - had Flacco slid 2 yards earlier he couldn't even be touched, but re-watch the play, Kiko lunged as Flacco was sliding...he knew. No convincing me otherwise. It was dirty, cheap and childish.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21174506/baltimore-ravens-qb-joe-flacco-big-hit

You can see if you pause the video in the link, Flacco starts slide about the 13, in full slide by the latest at 11, and Kiko launches from the 9....sorry, he knew what he was doing.

I didn't know we could stop an object in motion with a pause button live.

I didn't know we could stop an object in motion with a pause button live.

the hit was to the head, deserving of the 15 yard penalty. Flacco was clearly going for the first down, Kiko dove to stop his progress (if Flacco dove head first/kept running), Flacco slid late so Kiko hit him.

Kiko MAYBE could have lifted his arms up at the VERY last second to try to avoid, it is obvious he did not do this...but things in the NFL happen so incredibly fast I dont think he was trying to take Flacco's head off

LOL dolphin fans

The league hates the dolphins, that should be clear to everybody over the last 15 years. We have a proud history and and the league wants to keep us down because we are in the same division as their fraud squad, it's really that simple sadly. It wasn't just the flacco thing, which he should have slid much earlier on anyways or not slid at all, kiko was nice to him and pulled back. it sucks he got hurt but you're asking for it if you run for it that hard and if you don't slide in time it's your fault. Sucks to see Flacco get hurt, but its football and risks come with the game. I was proud of kiko for sticking up for himself there and for Suh sticking up for kiko. These players still got heart, I just think they're fed up with gase which is why they look so out of it on the field, Philbins end came exactly the same way.

http://finheaven.com/threads/flaaco-slid-late.343721/

LOL dolphin fans

The league hates the dolphins, that should be clear to everybody over the last 15 years. We have a proud history and and the league wants to keep us down because we are in the same division as their fraud squad, it's really that simple sadly. It wasn't just the flacco thing, which he should have slid much earlier on anyways or not slid at all, kiko was nice to him and pulled back. it sucks he got hurt but you're asking for it if you run for it that hard and if you don't slide in time it's your fault. Sucks to see Flacco get hurt, but its football and risks come with the game. I was proud of kiko for sticking up for himself there and for Suh sticking up for kiko. These players still got heart, I just think they're fed up with gase which is why they look so out of it on the field, Philbins end came exactly the same way.

Funny how I thought that that hit sucked the life out of the Fish and energized the Ravens.

I love the held down by the league part...your team sucks......period.

I would imagine that if that hit happened to their QB they would be calling for someones head.

I am impartial and I thought it was a cheap shot dirty play.

I am glad that it didn't impact the game the way he(KA) intended.

LOL dolphin fans

Finheaven never disappoints!

The QBs get some special treatment on hits when they are willing to give themselves up and slide, partially because they are the only players who are going to actually give themselves up and slide, and partially because if there wasn't protecting these guys would get killed taking hits if they leave the pocket because defences would go much harder after them with a hit to injure them or at least get them off their game.

And there's a reason for all of these rules to protect players safety, the league would like to continue on. If they let these guys just hit how they want and take headshots or shots to the knees there wouldn't be players left to play, and the league would be underwater in debt with CTE and injury lawsuits as their players probably wouldn't live much past 50, or if they did they would be in wheel chairs in their 40s.

The hit last night on Flacco, kiko adjusted and lowered himself to make a hit when Flacco was going down in the slide. Kiko knew he was sliding and instead of adjusting himself to not hit him, he adjusted himself to make the hit lower to the QB on the ground. He deserves a suspension. As for Suh, I bet those defending Kiko also saw him as just trying to congratulate Mallett on a good play but didn't have time to adjust to Mallett moving his hand and grabbed his neck instead.

Are Fins fans seriously sick of Gase already? I mean I thought they were one of the worst playoff teams for a while when they made it last year but hell... year one he got them in and they still have an above .500 record this year.

im not the worlds biggest Tannehill fan, but I think they need to cut Gase a little slack that he lost his starting Qb before the season. Hes clearly better than Cutler who was already retired in his mind and not that good to begin with, and Moore is a career backup for a reason.

Yeah, that Raiders-Chiefs game last week was awful...

And San Fran v LA.... oh and the season opener between the Pats and the Chiefs.... oh and the Eagles at Carolina was pretty good.....

Hell I even enjoyed Houston @ Cincy which was low scoring but it was an old fashioned, hard hitting, defensive football game.

This has been the best TNF slate so far since they introduced the every week concept in my opinion.