YoloinOhio

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two things on the Kiko hit:

1) Whether he could have stopped himself or not, he led with his forearm. Had he done it to Tyrod everyone here would have said 100% dirty play.

2) No reason to show the replay as much as they did. It was a vicious hit and the result was incredibly tough to watch. I am by no means against playing physical and I think the NFL has gone way too far in the manner in which they call penalties to protect Quarterbacks. However, they come across as fools when they enact those rules and then allow a replay to be shown in what was an overly repetitive manner when Flacco was clearly very hurt.

On the Dolphins in general:

They deserve every loss they rack up this year. I don’t think I’ve seen a dirtier team outside of maybe the Bengals. You want your team to be aggressive, but they are just flat out ugly. Starting with their eye rolling, head tossing, sarcasm filled head coach down to Suh and Landry they are about as classless as it comes in the NFL. Don’t need a team full of choir boys but watching them last night made me very happy to have McProcess. I don’t know how anyone can watch Gase on the sidelines and think that’s a leader of men.

Yeah, that Raiders-Chiefs game last week was awful...

o think the problem is that the league (or the network) is at fault for forcing things into these games. By making it that every team has to play in one each Year, your going to get bad games and bad matchup. But also, when they make the schedules it's not at a time when they now what a team will be like for that year and have to base the matchup on what they did last year. Before the season started, a Fins/Ravens matchup looked good on paper. A few weeks in and it's one you probably aren't staying home to watch. It's too bad they can't flex those games, based off of his the season is going so far but logistically it would be a nightmare. If they got rid of the requirement of all teams having to play on it once a Year they might be able to get some better matchup scheduled

And San Fran v LA.... oh and the season opener between the Pats and the Chiefs.... oh and the Eagles at Carolina was pretty good.....

Hell I even enjoyed Houston @ Cincy which was low scoring but it was an old fashioned, hard hitting, defensive football game.

This has been the best TNF slate so far since they introduced the every week concept in my opinion.

Pats Tampa game was very good too.

Unbelievably, Bills-Jets game is first TNF game that WONT be streamed live on Amazon.

Thursday night football is an absolute failboat.

I feel like the only person who loves TNF. Yes, some of the games suck, but I love having a game right in the middle of Monday and Sunday.

Especially a game featuring a divisional opponent.

Especially a game featuring a divisional opponent being embarrassed.

On the Dolphins in general:

They deserve every loss they rack up this year. I don’t think I’ve seen a dirtier team outside of maybe the Bengals. You want your team to be aggressive, but they are just flat out ugly. Starting with their eye rolling, head tossing, sarcasm filled head coach down to Suh and Landry they are about as classless as it comes in the NFL. Don’t need a team full of choir boys but watching them last night made me very happy to have McProcess. I don’t know how anyone can watch Gase on the sidelines and think that’s a leader of men.

Seeing Gase's mannerisms on the sideline make me love McDermott's enthusiastic ways. Watching Gase pout on the sideline made me cringe and I can't imagine it breeds a lot of confidence into the team.

I feel like the only person who loves TNF. Yes, some of the games suck, but I love having a game right in the middle of Monday and Sunday.

same, LOVE TNF

especially like the divisional game components

I watch the first half every week. Have no issue with the games at all.

Seeing Gase's mannerisms on the sideline make me love McDermott's enthusiastic ways. Watching Gase pout on the sideline made me cringe and I can't imagine it breeds a lot of confidence into the team.

My exact thoughts. Watching him throw his fits made me think of McDermott's much talked about clapping.

the hit was to the head, deserving of the 15 yard penalty. Flacco was clearly going for the first down, Kiko dove to stop his progress (if Flacco dove head first/kept running), Flacco slid late so Kiko hit him.

Kiko MAYBE could have lifted his arms up at the VERY last second to try to avoid, it is obvious he did not do this...but things in the NFL happen so incredibly fast I dont think he was trying to take Flacco's head off

Good thing you didn't post this last night. I got crucified for a similar take. People on this forum have absolutely zero tolerance for anyone that has an opinion different from theirs and it's really sad.

Good thing you didn't post this last night. I got crucified for a similar take. People on this forum have absolutely zero tolerance for anyone that has an opinion different from theirs and it's really sad.

There are all kinds here. Geniuses and imbeciles. Football savants and thems that don't know the rules. Polite and Bombastic. Old and young. Men and women. Cautious and hair-trigger. When virtually ALL of them gang up on you, like last night, people who never agree with each other, perhaps it's time to look inward. ;)

There are all kinds here. Geniuses and imbeciles. Football savants and thems that don't know the rules. Polite and Bombastic. Old and young. Men and women. Cautious and hair-trigger. When virtually ALL of them gang up on you, like last night, people who never agree with each other, perhaps it's time to look inward. ;)

Google mob mentality and you will know why

Google mob mentality and you will know why

That's the thing though. This place doesn't exhibit it very often at all. Everyone argues with everyone else about everything. There is never a consensus. There wasn't even a consensus on EJ sucks. But there was about the dirty hit. I even saw your point. Just didn't agree with it.

I thought Barrs hit on Rodgers was worse. Flacco at least still had the ball. Edited by mannc