Boldin: "Why I Quit Football for Activism" - Wants to Play

@AnquanBoldin

My life’s purpose became bigger than football in August, when I decided to walk away from the game I love — a game to which I have dedicated nearly my entire life — in order to become a champion for criminal justice reform and both racial and social equality.

@AdamSchefter

WR Anquan Boldin has expressed interest in playing again and Bills have given his agent permission to shop him, per letter ESPN obtained.

DNGZFwkWsAAsg1H.jpg

7:08 PM - 26 Oct 2017
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I thought it was because he got old and slow.

didn't give a darn what route he was supposed to run.

Or that he actually had to try and chase /tackle a defender after a ball thrown to him became an interception ;)

A 37 year old claiming that he retired for reasons other than being 37. :lol:

The Bills appeared to want him on the team. Is it so hard to take someone at their word? When we signed him all we heard about what an upstanding, character guy he is, but since he wants to do something as an activist, you don't believe him?

I'm sure if he was in his prime, he might not have retired, but he did now and that's all there is to it.

The Bills appeared to want him on the team. Is it so hard to take someone at their word? When we signed him all we heard about what an upstanding, character guy he is, but since he wants to do something as an activist, you don't believe him?

I'm sure if he was in his prime, he might not have retired, but he did now and that's all there is to it.

I'm pretty sure the biggest issue with him by most is that he wanted to play on the Bills until all the trades and the talk of the media saying we were tanking and the subsequent Boldin saying to the Pats I'm available.

His foundation has done jack squat so far.

All they do is spend a little on some weekend get togethers for inner city youth and pay salaries to all the workers.

His foundation has done jack squat so far.

All they do is spend a little on some weekend get togethers for inner city youth and pay salaries to all the workers.

First, people complain that athletes don't try to help the inner city, now they don't do enough. If he's trying , that's a good thing. He's what, 2 months into this?

First, people complain that athletes don't try to help the inner city, now they don't do enough. If he's trying , that's a good thing. He's what, 2 months into this?

It has been running for a few years. He has done nothing to help with this social justice cause he says he is focused on.

A weekend flag football tournament and a fun day and a grant to a FL prep school, is not doing anything to slow down cop on black, cop on white, black on black, violence in country.

Edited by cba fan

It has been running for a few years. He has done nothing to help with this social justice cause he says he is focused on.

A weekend flag football tournament and a fun day and a grant to a FL prep school, is not doing anything to slow down cop on black, cop on white, black on black, violence in country.

So do you seriously have a problem with Boldin retiring and doing what he is now doing? Why do you even care?

It's been around for 13 years. And not concentrated on crime, it's on underprivileged children.