Facebook logins

SDS

I love how you guys are so paranoid about Facebook. You really think the govt doesn't have access to your cell phone records or emails???

Stop texting, emailing, talking, and breathing. Then you'll be free.

Roll over.......that view is annoying me, :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How is that easier? Its still extremely simple and just a more direct way. Im no expert, Ill freely admit. But when I want to come to this site.....I come to this site. Am I missing something? (Seriously, Im open to new ways of being lazy!)

When I say easier, I mean that it is yet another avenue for access. So if the existing way was still in place and you add another form of entrance, it makes it easier.

Ok, I hope I didn't mislead anyone. Facebook login would be an option, not required.

I think whenever anyone mentions anything that could potentially be seen as promoting FB among this demographic will be visceral in nature. Secretly the message board are filled with in-the-closet FB users. Edited by Magox

Not sure if people follow this. The FB login doesn't mean you login and use your name, but just that it speeds the login. I use FB to login to GoodReads for example, but no one can see my name on GoodReads.

Since the current TBD site doesn't re-challenge for login credentials almost ever, it probably won't be that much of an advantage to existing accounts. For new people, it would speed registration.

Edited by BeginnersMind

Are use Facebook. I have poor Facebook. I hate how those !@#$ing !@#$s follow my moves around the Internet. I also realize people like to use them as a method to login to other places.

The question I have for everyone is if people will use this feature or not?

when BBMB shut down they suggested using Facebook to messenger posts. So I joined using my cell #. Their alternative was not my thing.

I never sign into a site using FB. I hardly use FB as it it and log out after I am done for similar reasons.

To me FB is great for keeping up with pictures of the grandkids. I could care less what my "friends" eat daily.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I have no issue either way....I use FB to log-in to a variety of other sites / apps. However, whether someone sees this as a positive or a negative, it would remove a layer of anonymity for the member. Facebook accounts of course can be fake, I had one for law enforcement purposes, but usually the average person uses something close to their name and then of course pictures etc. that reveal who they are. Again, doesn't matter to me either way, but if that's an issue for some, it's something to think about.

I love how you guys are so paranoid about Facebook. You really think the govt doesn't have access to your cell phone records or emails???

Your company can look at your internet profile. FB being one that they start with.

Its BookFace here in Canada

CBF

always backasswards you Canadians

Almost like Yoda speak

I quit Facebook 5 years ago and have never regretted it even once. My life is actually a tiny bit better because of it.

That's not the issue. I don't care what the Government monitors or doesn't. I am far more concerned my employer sees something they don't like then fires me for it. That is a very real "big brother" issue.

Also people generally suck and will say things on there they would never dream of in person. It's a horrible horrible place.