Schefter has trade ideas for Bills to make a playoff run

CanadianFan

His 2018 base salary is already guaranteed, but if we trade him we don't have to pay it. We'd be on the hook for his salary this season through this week. 15 million in signing bonus money. And an other 5.6 million in option bonus money. so about 20.6 + we'll say 4.5 million of 2017 base salary.

You can split it over this year and next, but the dead hit for this season would put us right up on the cap, and would then add another ton of dead money into 2018. So rather than carry over 10 million to make our cap higher - our cap would be standard, and we'd have a 10 million dead money hit on it.

If we trade him in the offseason next year we'd be on the hook for the remaining 10 million in signing bonus, and 4.2 in option bonus money. I'm not sure how splitting cap hits works when you trade a player though. Cutting him next year would be difficult, as most of his 2018 base salary is guaranteed.

He's a pure rental, who has no history with the coaches or players on the team.

june 1st cut next year and it gets spread over two years. manageable.

also, i don't see pryor and/or Bryant in a Bills uni, they are not the type of player McCoach and Beane are looking for.

Edited by Foxx

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I view 5th round picks as nothing more then lottery tickets. I wonder what the stats would be if you put up the production of a teams 5th round pick against a teams highest ranking udfa. I would trade one to get a quality wide reciever if only for 10 games

Now, it remains to be seen what Beane and company can do with a 5th Round pick, but our own Kyle Williams was a 5th, Richard Sherman, Gillislee, Trent Cole, Antonio Brown was a 6th round pick, Robert Mathis, Kam Chancellor, Rodney Harrison, Hershel Walker, and the list goes on...some more relevant in today's NFL than others, but other than AB those are just 5th round picks...consider, 6th, 7th, and UDFA and those numbers go up....point being, a 5th round pick in the hands of the right GM can be gold. Truthfully, we just don't know yet with Beane...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21145352/some-wild-ideas-2017-nfl-trade-deadline

Schefter also has Bryant going to Bears.

But there's NO WAY McBeane trades a 5th round pick to Cards for an 8-game rental of a former 7th round receiver. NO WAY.

And why would we trade Dareus for a 5th round pick only? And this year?

If we're going for wild ideas, Bryant with 1.5 years left in contract makes more sense for Bills than this Brown guy.

Does Schefter even do research? Trading Mr Big Stuff does not clear dead cap in 2018. It creates dead cap for 2018.

Edited by cba fan

Beane should be fired tom for trading a Marcell for a 5th

stop trying to trade all of our !@#$ing talent and then wonder why we have zero depth. no one wants him. keep the guy and let him improve ffs

He's been a lazy, ineffective pos since signing the huge contract. I'd give a team a 5th round pick if they picked up his hefty salary.

Here's a spin on trading Dareus. With all his issues and baggage, it may take a type of Brock O deal. Dareus and OUR 2nd or 3rd round pick to get out from under his contract. Whatever

Their is no getting out from under his contract. He is dead cap walking whether in trade or cut.

The Bills should trade for a former Buckeye QB to play WR. Miller and/or TP would help this team.

Miller??? Come on Kirbs.... TP I totally agree with you on. Braxton Miller is as much of a bottom of the league scrub as the guys we have already got. Take the Buckeye goggles off. ;)

Miller??? Come on Kirbs.... TP I totally agree with you on. Braxton Miller is as much of a bottom of the league scrub as the guys we have already got. Take the Buckeye goggles off. ;)

I think Miller would have a lot of value to the Bills. He could carry the ball, play in the slot and potentially return punts. He's an explosive runner with the ball in his hands. He's been a little buried in Houston but would be a weapon on the Bills. We just had a guy the Bears cut eclipse 100 yards!!! You are underestimating how truly atrocious our skill players are. (And yes I love Braxton). Edited by Kirby Jackson

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21145352/some-wild-ideas-2017-nfl-trade-deadline

Schefter also has Bryant going to Bears.

But there's NO WAY McBeane trades a 5th round pick to Cards for an 8-game rental of a former 7th round receiver. NO WAY.

And why would we trade Dareus for a 5th round pick only? And this year?

If we're going for wild ideas, Bryant with 1.5 years left in contract makes more sense for Bills than this Brown guy.

.....just sit tight with Dareus & Glenn for now............at least you know what you have and bodies count more than picks at this juncture................

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

He's been a little buried in Houston but would be a weapon on the Bills. We just had a guy the Bears cut eclipse 100 yards!!! You are underestimating how truly atrocious our skill players are. (And yes I love Braxton).

He has been buried because he has been no good since he got there. DT is a JAG. Braxton is a scrub. He will be out of the league by the end of his 3rd year.

I think Miller would have a lot of value to the Bills. He could carry the ball, play in the slot and potentially return punts. He's an explosive runner with the ball in his hands. He's been a little buried in Houston but would be a weapon on the Bills. We just had a guy the Bears cut eclipse 100 yards!!! You are underestimating how truly atrocious our skill players are. (And yes I love Braxton).

...convenient omission that the kid was in camp during 2015 and left with an injury settlement....AND....was with the Ravens when TT was.....Joe Friday said something about "the facts"......

They are in desperate need. Henderson and or mills. Pryor is a bit of a head case. Could be an interesting deep threat though for Taylor. Is quicker and fast than Matthews or Jones and has legit size.

I would love Pryor. Hes a beast thats not being utilized.

We have six picks in first three rounds. Hard to believe that more than 6-7 rookies are going to make final roster. So a 5th or 6th pick is worth less to the Bills this coming draft.

I think you'll see more than 7 rookies make the team next year. My guess is between all those draft picks and then those who didn't get drafted we will end up with 9+

We have six picks in first three rounds. Hard to believe that more than 6-7 rookies are going to make final roster. So a 5th or 6th pick is worth less to the Bills this coming draft.

As evidenced in the last draft, picks can be used as currency to move up in various rounds. They jockeyed around with almost every pick, which I believe was McD targeting specific players he had designs on. "So a 5th or 6th pick" is worth more, unless you think they're just going to sit in their draft slots.

Edited by jabu

Nice imagination but I still don't see a team out there willing to take on Dareus contract. Even without his attitude and off the field stuff it's way too burdensome from a cap stanpoint.

Dreamers can dream though and I'm sure Beane will be trying up until the deadline next week....

First smart thing you have posted in, well, ever.

Check the College Football forum and my Jim Harbaugh discussion with Mark Vader. When it comes to bringing college football fans down to earth about their team's players (or ex players) and coaches I am an equal opportunities critic. :nana:

I cant wait until Braxton is here and you learn to love him.