Is this sunday the biggest game in Buffalo in years?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you weren't furious after the Bills imploded against the Raiders last year knowing they had a real shot at the playoffs still? I was so angry I almost threw the remote at the tv and upset my young son.

Yes we have a new coach, but we are not even 12 months removed from that game.

Key of course is going to be the defense and what they do against the Raiders but early returns aren't promising if you consider what this team has given up the last two games in terms of passing yards, TD's, and points.

Oh COME ON!!!!!! This is AWFUL! (although I did chuckle under my breath a bit about upsetting your "young son")

oh absolutely. how many times as fans have we been at this exact point at this exact time of the season? we're all waiting to be kicked in the ding ding. the only benefit of enduring this time and time again is that i've become numb to it. the way i'm looking at it for now is that the bills are exceeding my expectations, and that bodes well for the future.

agreed. there's an art to what he's doing. respect it and don't get lazy on us.

He's trying harder and digging a deeper hole. We need another thread.

Lots of living in the moment in this thread. The Steelers 2004/2005 season was hands down the biggest game in the 17 year drought(which is still very depressing in itself that is the biggest game we have had in the last 17 years). That game was a legitimate win and get in the playoffs scenario and Bills fans were FIRED UP going into that one...but we all know how that one ended

...THE biggest is a stretch...BIG?...damn right.....chance to go 5 and OH at home returning Bflo to its glory years of a feared venue to play in......382 yds surrendered to Winston and Carr coming to town after 400+?.....better figure that one out quickly despite secondary dings......nobody on the planet (urinalists) had the Bills at 4-2 after six.....shutting down Raiders' passing game and controlling Mack equates to 5-2 which has a VERY nice ring to it.....BIG but not THE biggest IMO.............

One thing I will say about this matchup, obviously we did go into Oakland last year and jumped out to a 2 score lead before one of the more epic implosions during the 17 year drought where we actually ended up losing by 2 scores. And like most fans I was sickened and disgusted by that one.

But that's also the reason I have dire concerns about this game, the defense was destroyed during Oakland's comeback last year and we are returning a lot of the same players this year and possibly going to be fielding a mash unit in the secondary.

Bottom line though is that this game is in Buffalo and true playoff teams have to win games like this on their home field. Also Oakland traditionally don't travel well to the east coast although they have had more time to get ready.

Oakland's defense is bad.

I’ll just point out that it’s nice to even see a thread with this title when before the season started, many were thinking we were “tanking.”

TRUST. THE. PROCESS.

Huge game. And of course its the biggest. It’s like Apple saying “this is the best iPhone ever.” Of course it is.

But I also remember when we started 5-1 in 2008. Then we started 5-2.... then 5-3.... then 5-4..... then 5-5......

I only skimmed his post to see if he used the word concerned, or some variation and yep that's all I need to know

Indeed. The hyperbole king.

This said, yeah, IF WE WIN. I know we beat them in with Fitz in a thriller a few years ago, enroute to another great start, diasterous finish. But doing it again in this season moves us to 5-2 in a different feeling season.IF we’re 6-2 four days later, we’ll know we’re onto something here.

My Doomshield is fully engaged. Raiders 31 Bills 17.

Our front seven has vastly improved stopping the run, but that is somewhat misleading because teams have had a lot of success against us throwing the ball specifically the last 2 games.

Biggest issue is the LB's in coverage and I disagree with the depth comment, we are sorely lacking in key areas especially the secondary.

If we see this defense let up 300+ yards passing and 20+ points for the 3rd straight game it's time to be very concerned.

2016: 23.6 ppg

2017: 16.8 ppg

That's almost an entire TD per game difference.

this place is going to be gross if the bills lose.

Its gross half the time in wins. All these dire concerns.

While this may be. The only way to prove it to NE is to defeat NE in Buffalo.

By the time we play the patsies*** this year in Buffalo we'll either be hanging on by our fingernails or getting ready to b****slap them to the curb. The raiders, chiefs and even the phish are bigger games than the brady bunch.

I think going 2-2 these next 4 games isn't that bad, although it would be ideal to win 3 out of the next 4, playing the pats and dolphins 4 times in the last 5 weeks is going to be so interesting and fun to watch IF we can pull through this stretch with a record of at least 6-4, so yeah, these games are pretty big, and it starts with Oakland this Sunday.