10-24: Bills Workout WR Rod Streater and TE Jason Croom

...agree bud, but did you have Deonte in your "crystal ball"?.....funniest stat I saw this week was the kid had more catches than PRACTICES with Bflo.......4 vs 3.....roll the dice and move Zay.......

another funny stat is his output Sunday matched the bears total receiving offense. 4 catches for 107

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has talent but apparently his WR coach, who also was his college WR coach, cannot get him over the hump. Maybe it is the WR coach. Maybe he is dealing with an injury and does not want Bills to know and will be put on IR and we will be surprised about it. The Bills need to spend some money and bring it an offense consultant to work with him.

...get Andre Reed on speed dial...he may know something..........

...get Andre Reed on speed dial...he may know something..........

I talked to Andre Reed at our tailgate last year (his agent contacted me about making an appearance) and he said he had no interest in coaching and his busy with his kids and their schools in Baltimore. Here is is with Charlie Taylor, Washington HoF WR.

2_NFL_HOF_WRs.jpg

Edited by Limeaid

It is 6 weeks after yoy give a guy an injury settlement before you can re-sign them. That period is now up. The Bills are free to sign Streater if they wish.

There was a recent article (sorry, forgot where it was, perhaps WGR or WKBW sites) which stated Streater could rejoin the Bills around Thanksgiving time frame.

It was talking about when exactly that 6 week period begins. It was not 6 weeks from his release date, though, as we would normally expect.

Would much rather have him than Brandon Tate. Taiwan Jones can return kicks and Hyde or someone else can do punts.

Yeah put the starting safety back there to return punts that's a good plan until he gets hurt.

There was a recent article (sorry, forgot where it was, perhaps WGR or WKBW sites) which stated Streater could rejoin the Bills around Thanksgiving time frame.

It was talking about when exactly that 6 week period begins. It was not 6 weeks from his release date, though, as we would normally expect.

It's 6 weeks from the injury period they agreed upon in the settlement. For all we know it could have been a 2 or 3 week settlement and he could be eligible to return here soon

It's 6 weeks from the injury period they agreed upon in the settlement. For all we know it could have been a 2 or 3 week settlement and he could be eligible to return here soon

It's now 3 weeks from the injury period not 6...

A team can bring back a player it has waived injured if it reaches an injury settlement with that player to make him a free agent. The rule is the waiving team has to wait three weeks beyond the negotiated settlement recovery time before that player can return to his previous team. The old rule was a team had to wait six weeks before such a player could return to the same team.

Edited by Scott7975

It is 6 weeks after yoy give a guy an injury settlement before you can re-sign them. That period is now up. The Bills are free to sign Streater if they wish.

You may be right, but I thought theirs a period after the injury settlement that they have to wait also. Could be wrong

You may be right, but I thought theirs a period after the injury settlement that they have to wait also. Could be wrong

Its the injury period they settled on plus 3 weeks. Preseason also counts if it happens in preseason.

Edited by Scott7975

Buffalo has 5 receivers on the roster. Obviously Jordan Matthews is not going anywhere. I don't think Zay Jones is either. as a second round draft choice he gets a pass on his struggles catching the ball this season. There is enough college tape on the guy to suggest this is probably just a case of rookie jitters and he's going to get over it. After his game this past weekend, Deonte Thomson isn't going to be cut today or tomorrow. That leaves three possibilities. Streater essentially outplayed Andre Holmes in the preseason, and I don't think the Bills are married to the guy. Holmes has a nice catch radius, but Streater is almost as tall, and a good deal faster. Brandon Tate could be cut. He has nice size, but Streater is a bit bigger. Tate is a decent all around player and a solid return guy, but he's nothing really special. I could see Streater replacing either of them. It's also possible the Bills could decide to carry 6 receivers, though I have no idea at what position they might make a cut. Maybe offensive tackle.

Croom versus Khari Lee is interesting to consider. Croom is taller and much more athletic. He was with the Bills this summer, and I don't think it is much of a stretch to think the Bills could switch out Khari Lee for Croom if Croom is fully healthy