Tampa Bay's last play among longest in NFL history

Big Turk

That was a long 45 seconds. I kept fearing for the worst the whole time.

Tell me about it...all I kept seeing was that Frank At check to Kevin Dyson play in my head over and over again...I give the Bills credit tho...they tried to make the play when the Buc player got near them and then they simply stopped and stayed where they were supposed to be. That was very disciplined of them in a time where it would have been easy to not have been disciplined.

Edited by matter2003

Tell me about it...all I kept seeing was that Frank At check to Kevin Dyson play in my head over and over again...I give the Bills credit tho...they tried to make the play when the Buc player got near them and then they simply stopped and stayed where they were supposed to be. That was very disciplined of them in a time where it would have been easy to not have been disciplined.

That’s exactly what I saw. Very disciplined, stay in your lane play by the Bills. Had it gone any further, much more damage could have happened by 22 players and 7 refs running all over the place for far too long. As it is, our Safety got injured.

It’s another tip of the cap to the coaching staff!

Yes, just not as fumbles lost.

It isn't on the Bills App game summary. 3 turnovers.

It was recorded as 3 fumbles on the last play.

I had to look deeper to see them.

FUM LOST REC
Jameis Winston 2 1 0
Adam Humphries 1 1 0
Mike Evans 1 0 0
Cameron Brate 1 0 0
O.J. Howard 1 0 0
Lavonte David 0 0 1
TEAM 6 2 1
Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I think they recorded 6 fumbles on that last play?

(:08) (Shotgun) 3-J.Winston pass short left to 10-A.Humphries to TB 36 for 5 yards. Lateral to 34-C.Sims III to TB 33 for -3 yards. Lateral to 13-M.Evans to TB 25 for -8 yards. FUMBLES, recovered by TB-76-D.Smith at TB 25. 76-D.Smith to TB 30 for 5 yards. Lateral to 84-C.Brate to TB 23 for -7 yards. FUMBLES, recovered by TB-13-M.Evans at TB 23. 13-M.Evans to TB 23 for no gain. Lateral to 10-A.Humphries to TB 20 for -3 yards. Lateral to 34-C.Sims III to TB 14 for -6 yards. Lateral to 11-D.Jackson to TB 6 for -8 yards. Lateral to 13-M.Evans to TB 14 for 8 yards. Lateral to 11-D.Jackson to TB 29 for 15 yards (99-M.Dareus).

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

That’s exactly what I saw. Very disciplined, stay in your lane play by the Bills. Had it gone any further, much more damage could have happened by 22 players and 7 refs running all over the place for far too long. As it is, our Safety got injured.

It’s another tip of the cap to the coaching staff!

I was brought back to the music city miracle for a long 45 seconds.

The Bills did an amazing job showing patience and discipline. :thumbsup:

I was at a bar watching the game...I had to piss so bad, I couldn't hold, so I went in the bathroom just as the play started. I got out of the batroom, and the play was still going on...okay, I didn't wash my hands...but that was a long play!

I think they recorded 6 fumbles on that last play?

Someone mentioned yesterday that the play should have been blown dead after the first "fumble"; hopefully someone with more knowledge of the rule can clarify...

Under 2 minutes remaining, fumbles cannot be advanced by the offense unless it is by the player that fumbled. Same rule applied in 2014 when Mario Williams strip sacked Rodgers in the end zone to seal the game. As soon as Richardson picked up the fumbled ball in the end zone, it was ruled a safety.

On the last play on Sunday, the ball skipped on the ground on at least two laterals before the player "received" the ball...shouldn't the play have been blown dead on the first one that hit the ground??? That play wouldn't have been 45 seconds long if so.

Or has this been covered already?

***Edit, answered in the next post***

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/fumble

If any player fumbles after the two-minute warning in a half, only the fumbling player is permitted to recover and/or advance the ball. If recovered by any other offensive player, the ball is dead at the spot of the fumble unless it is recovered behind the spot of the fumble. In that case, the ball is dead at the spot of recovery. Any defensive player may recover and/or advance any fumble at any time.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

Someone mentioned yesterday that the play should have been blown dead after the first "fumble"; hopefully someone with more knowledge of the rule can clarify...

Under 2 minutes remaining, fumbles cannot be advanced by the offense unless it is by the player that fumbled. Same rule applied in 2014 when Mario Williams strip sacked Rodgers in the end zone to seal the game. As soon as Richardson picked up the fumbled ball in the end zone, it was ruled a safety.

On the last play on Sunday, the ball skipped on the ground on at least two laterals before the player "received" the ball...shouldn't the play have been blown dead on the first one that hit the ground??? That play wouldn't have been 45 seconds long if so.

Or has this been covered already?

***Edit: here's the rule:***

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/fumble

Section 7

Backward Pass and Fumble
BACKWARD PASS
Article 1 Backward Pass.
A runner may throw a backward pass at any time (3-22-4). Players of either team may advance after catching a backward pass, or recovering a backward pass after it touches the ground.
Edited by seregil42

What's the difference between a crappy lateral that bounces off the ground and a fumble... Intent?

What's the difference between a crappy lateral that bounces off the ground and a fumble... Intent?

. Ah., Thanks seregil Edited by wakingfane

Section 7

Backward Pass and Fumble

BACKWARD PASS

Article 1 Backward Pass.

A runner may throw a backward pass at any time (3-22-4). Players of either team may advance after catching a backward pass, or recovering a backward pass after it touches the ground.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/11_Rule8_ForwardPass_BackPass_Fumble.pdf

Thank you