Jason Peters suspected ACL/MCL tears

Big Turk

From the football watching orthopedic doc who is almost always right...

"He was holding his right knee on the inside and the leg was placed in an air splint. This does not always mean a fracture.

By video, Peters appears to have ACL and MCL tears. I hope to be wrong on the ACL, but I think there is only a small chance his ACL was spared. The MCL is definitely injured."

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-jason-peters-eagles-knee-1023-story.html

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe another buyer in the Tackle market, depending on the MRI results. Anybody (else) we could use from Philly?

I don't know, maybe Carson Wentz? :lol:

Man, I used to love watching Peters play for the Bills. What a monster on the field. Watching opponents cower as he went to break up the kick return wedge (or hold their ground and get destroyed) was always great entertainment.

I don't know, maybe Carson Wentz? :lol:

Man, I used to love watching Peters play for the Bills. What a monster on the field. Watching opponents cower as he went to break up the kick return wedge (or hold their ground and get destroyed) was always great entertainment.

I am going to go out on a limb here, but I would say after a dozen years and multiple pro-bowls and all pro lists, the Eagles think he was worth both the money they paid him and the picks they gave up for him.

I have no real data to back this up...just sort of guessing.

He was something, Matt.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

That would be impressive/lucky if true. Loooked like a classical ACL mechanism of injury.

I'd be pretty shocked as well...and apparently so would the doctor although he did say there was a small chance this could be the case...

Honestly with how many times players get rolled up on like that while blocking I dont see how it doesn't happen more often

I'd be pretty shocked as well...and apparently so would the doctor although he did say there was a small chance this could be the case...

Honestly with how many times players get rolled up on like that while blocking I dont see how it doesn't happen more often

This was more than that. It was the classic "leg planted, knee bashed in from the side" scenario.

I am going to go out on a limb here, but I would say after a dozen years and multiple pro-bowls and all pro lists, the Eagles think he was worth both the money they paid him and the picks they gave up for him.

I have no real data to back this up...just sort of guessing.

He was something, Matt.

No doubt.

Not a bad career so far for an undrafted player. . . .