Bills Claim CB Tony McRae; Release WR Kaelin Clay

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get it, but take it to PPP. Let's just leave the discussion to actual football here.

Rather mature sage move for someone at your age.

Kudos and thank you for the gentle redirect

'tis indeed.

Well i have no horse in the race, but..Beane is not as shy as I once thought.

definite maybe from where I stand

Also this is what Emory Hint wrote about him from the 2015 Celebration Bowl

CB Tony McRae 59 178, Senior

McRae had a standout performance in my opinion. Hes a very active corner that competes well. Didnt backdown from a challenge all game long. McRae was able to win at the catch point vs a WR, in off coverage showing the ability to close on the football. Hes just a good overall CB. Bright future and is worthy of a look from an NFL team.

Calls himself a press CB. And has return ability as well. Here is an interview he did prior to the 2016 Draft.

http://draftbreakdown.com/2016/04/18/2016-nfl-draft-prospect-interview-tony-mcrae-cb-north-carolina-at/

One of the best questions and answers he gave was:

"PS: Based on the tape, it seems like youre a fan of hitting people.

TM: Oh yea. I wanna hit when I get the opportunity, because I really dont get many out there at corner, so when I get the opportunity, Ill show a little bit."

I LOVE hard hitting corners!

sure

He can have Mills and Ducasse and our 7th round franchise qb pick as well

Not Glenn

actually Mills graded out pretty well past Sunday i read somewhere, by PFF perhaps?

SP was not drafted, more like a mole or a virus. Nathan Peterson was the 2nd 5th round pick.

Oh and Mills and Ducasse were both graded well by people paid to grade but not many TBD "experts".

We should have traded Kaelin Clay for Kevon Seymour :)

lol

yeah Bills roster moves have some kind of "6 degrees of Kevin Bacon" going on......trade/cut a guy because other guy is better, then cut that guy for new guy different position, then cut that guy for new guy different position, and vice versa deja vue rinse and repeat. No one said this would not get messy I guess. But I never thought 2 or 3 positions could continue to get shuffle/stacked like this until they end up with HOF players I guess, eventually right?

someone joked they would cut DT to shore up Safety if Poyer was down. I am starting to believe anything is processable.

Edited by cba fan

Rather mature sage move for someone at your age.

Kudos and thank you for the gentle redirect

9 years on the board as VanCity. My log-in stopped working one day. Couldn't ever receive the e-mail to have it updated. Had to press reset. Sad day, but I kinda like my new screen name better. Cheers!

9 years on the board as VanCity. My log-in stopped working one day. Couldn't ever receive the e-mail to have it updated. Had to press reset. Sad day, but I kinda like my new screen name better. Cheers!

I had a similar experience with SabreSpace a couple years back.

They had a guy that they were going to cut so they took a flyer on a guy of a position of need(speed receiver) and grabbed a 7th to boot. He was likely the best guy they could get for nothing.

That's exactly what it was. They didn't value Seymour highly and looked to dump him for something in return. They got a 7th and a wr they hoped maybe could provide some depth. He proved to be ineffective when given an opportunity and they quickly evaluated and moved on