Marshawn pushes Ref: Predictions

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/20/donald-penn-marshawn-was-trying-to-protect-cousin-marcus-peters/

Interesting, I thought for sure he was going after Peters. (Not that it matters in terms of whether he gets a suspension or not, just a side point)

So that's #3 and #11 basically. Although he wasn't going out on the field to help his own QB who was hit...he was going out to help his "cousin" who hit his QB. Makes sense.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is nothing posiitve about the guy from a football standpoint. May have been worth the headaches when he could play football but even then he was doing stupid low class things like bringing his own bottles of alcohol to bars. Some people see him as this loveable buffon, but that act wears thin quickly.

I cannot stand how he is hailed like a hero in the Oakland area. Granted he gives time and money to the community, but what would go a lot further would for him to be a responsible man kids can look up to and shape their lives after. Instead they get someone hailed as a hero who fails to respect any authority, swears on live television, and hits on married women for the world to see.

Sorry but the guy is a clown and the NFL will be better when his "I am doing the world a favor by being here" attitude is gone.

but what would go a lot further would for him to be a responsible man kids can look up to and shape their lives after. Instead they get someone hailed as a hero who fails to respect any authority, swears on live television, and hits on married women for the world to see.

Are you trying to criticise him or write his nomination for the Presidency? ;)

There is nothing posiitve about the guy from a football standpoint. May have been worth the headaches when he could play football but even then he was doing stupid low class things like bringing his own bottles of alcohol to bars. Some people see him as this loveable buffon, but that act wears thin quickly.

I cannot stand how he is hailed like a hero in the Oakland area. Granted he gives time and money to the community, but what would go a lot further would for him to be a responsible man kids can look up to and shape their lives after. Instead they get someone hailed as a hero who fails to respect any authority, swears on live television, and hits on married women for the world to see.

Sorry but the guy is a clown and the NFL will be better when his "I am doing the world a favor by being here" attitude is gone.

I bet you are an absolute blast at parties

lighten up and live a little brah

love how you play off the ...granted he gives time to the kids and community...like it's nothing

love how you play off the ...granted he gives time to the kids and community...like it's nothing

Its not nothing, but you also have to consider who is giving the time and money. Time spent is a wonderful thing, but its not only about quantity its about quality as well. If he puts himself in the position of a community leader he needs to recognize his responsibility as one. In that sense he has been an absolute failure.

I bet you are an absolute blast at parties

lighten up and live a little brah

Couldn't care less about that. Grown men, need to act like grown men.

Its not nothing, but you also have to consider who is giving the time and money. Time spent is a wonderful thing, but its not only about quantity its about quality as well. If he puts himself in the position of a community leader he needs to recognize his responsibility as one. In that sense he has been an absolute failure.

ivory tower must be nice, im happy to hear you live a pristine and perfect life...the rest of us make some mistakes and bad decisions. Some people struggle with that their entire lives. And others just like to have some fun...

I realize some youths look up to athletes like role models. However, athletes have zero responsibility to be role models. Some athletes choose to act like, and be role models to youths, and great for them for making a difference. Others choose to just live their lives for themselves, and good for them.

I enjoy being entertained, and BEAST MODE is certainly entertaining

You can take a man out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of a man.

Lynch and his entourage later seen filming homemade rap video of Lynch with a gun in his hand yellin "Fug da PO-lice. Fug dem REF-rees."

image5.jpg

post-3629-0-45734300-1508511125_thumb.jpg

ivory tower must be nice, im happy to hear you live a pristine and perfect life...the rest of us make some mistakes and bad decisions. Some people struggle with that their entire lives. And others just like to have some fun...

I realize some youths look up to athletes like role models. However, athletes have zero responsibility to be role models. Some athletes choose to act like, and be role models to youths, and great for them for making a difference. Others choose to just live their lives for themselves, and good for them.

I enjoy being entertained, and BEAST MODE is certainly entertaining

No ivory tower at all. I've made plenty of mistakes in my life, things I'd wish I'd never done. And believe me; I’ve been called out on those mistakes. I believe everyone deserves a chance to be redeemed. The issue I have with Marshawn is he shows time and time again that he has zero remorse despite positioning himself as a leader of his community. I don’t think encouraging poor behavior, especially among people who put themselves in a position to be a role model is a good way to encourage younger kids who may look up to the person. It goes beyond being an athlete, and to a larger problem where men don’t understand the massive responsibility they have in society. But whatever is clever I guess. He will be hilarious until he is not, and then he will be another sad story.

No ivory tower at all. I've made plenty of mistakes in my life, things I'd wish I'd never done. And believe me; I’ve been called out on those mistakes. I believe everyone deserves a chance to be redeemed. The issue I have with Marshawn is he shows time and time again that he has zero remorse despite positioning himself as a leader of his community. I don’t think encouraging poor behavior, especially among people who put themselves in a position to be a role model is a good way to encourage younger kids who may look up to the person. It goes beyond being an athlete, and to a larger problem where men don’t understand the massive responsibility they have in society. But whatever is clever I guess. He will be hilarious until he is not, and then he will be another sad story.

People expect too much from athletes

Good for you sticking up with your opinion, not sure why people are dumping on it. Marshawn is a lovable buffoon..until he is not, true. Something tells me 10 years out of the league his shtick wont be greeted with the laughter it is now.

Act like a grown man?

Sustains a 10-year NFL career.

Becomes a multi-millionaire.

Philanthropic.

Yeah ... his family must be ashamed of him.

I'd bet this plus a statement apologising for pushing the official and some damage control from the Raiders.

@footballzebras

No chance of suspension, but Lynch will get hit w/at least $30,387 for contacting ref, $6,076 for enter fight area

Eh. That's like fining me $15.

Lynch clearly doesn't care. He never has. He is a dynamic player, but I was happy to see him go.

Just another entitled rich person, who thinks he's above the rules. And maybe he is.

the typical sorts who dress up and go to church on sunday that never do anything wrong whining about a football players actions. hypocrites.

he was furious of the cheap shot the punk laid on carr and retaliated. was he wrong for doing so? absolutely but I can understand a teammate getting upset with that hit on his QB.

he was ejected and will pay a little fine that shouldn't hurt his pocket any and I see no suspension.

Eh. That's like fining me $15.

I'm not sure exactly how they decide on the fines but according to the NFL's Football Ops site, fines of this nature are set as absolutes and with no escalation. Safety issues and flagrant personal fines have more scope for punishing more harshly for severe/repeat violations.

$30k for someone like Lynch is relative peanuts but for a UDFA, it's about 7% of his pre-tax salary. Perhaps there's a case to be made for it to be means-tested in the next CBA.

Edited by Blokestradamus