Marshawn pushes Ref: Predictions

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People expect too much from athletes

Athletes? I expect everyone to be a decent human being, and when they aren't it's frowned upon. Athleticism doesn't earn you a pass.

A little bit of token philanthropy doesn't mean we should overlook what Harvey Weinstein did, does it? The same is true of any person who lacks accountability in any negative situation.

Making mistakes is fine. Not owning up is unacceptable.

Maybe a couple people, but a drunk hit and run is pretty bad. Even if it was a drunk canadian broad.

They were two different incidents.

And I think they're both serious as well.

My point (this is not necessarily for your benefit, mind you) is that they're not felonies and he hasn't shown any type of pattern of bad off field behavior.

Through a decade as a professional athlete, he's been a pretty awesome guy, if you ask me.

As far as accountability, he pleaded guilty and paid his fines.

Someone called him a thug. I still haven't gotten his definition, but I'm curious to know he was labeled as such.

I don't know if it's the way he talks, or if it's his hair or his mouth jewelry, or because he's an ex-Bill, but the hatred I see around here for some players - even our own (Dareus) - is pretty disturbing.

hey what's up

Not much.

I've personally done much worse than tapping a fat, drunken woman with my car and gotten pulled over and blowing a .01.

Stop thinking everything is about you.

No ivory tower at all. I've made plenty of mistakes in my life, things I'd wish I'd never done. And believe me; Ive been called out on those mistakes. I believe everyone deserves a chance to be redeemed. The issue I have with Marshawn is he shows time and time again that he has zero remorse despite positioning himself as a leader of his community. I dont think encouraging poor behavior, especially among people who put themselves in a position to be a role model is a good way to encourage younger kids who may look up to the person. It goes beyond being an athlete, and to a larger problem where men dont understand the massive responsibility they have in society. But whatever is clever I guess. He will be hilarious until he is not, and then he will be another sad story.

Why will he be another sad story? He's was one of the better backs in the nfl. He's a super bowl champ. He still has most if not all of his money from nfl. He has fun. The only sad story here is you getting your panties in a bunch because another man has fun and you don't.

I don't think Marshawn should get any type of fine or suspension. I don't even think he should have been ejected. Ref put himself in that position and it's questionable that lynch even pushed, he just had his hands up.

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

Not much.

I've personally done much worse than tapping a fat, drunken woman with my car and gotten pulled over and blowing a .01.

Stop thinking everything is about you.

it's not. Why do you think I asked what you're up to brother gugny.

Any appeal should come with the stipulation the suspension is doubled if you lose. One game is ridiculously light punishment for coming off a bench during an altercation and shoving a ref.

What would get for doing that in hockey or basketball?