Marshawn pushes Ref: Predictions

the typical sorts who dress up and go to church on sunday that never do anything wrong whining about a football players actions. hypocrites.

he was furious of the cheap shot the punk laid on carr and retaliated. was he wrong for doing so? absolutely but I can understand a teammate getting upset with that hit on his QB.

he was ejected and will pay a little fine that shouldn't hurt his pocket any and I see no suspension.

You neglected the most important thing, pushing the ref? He will get suspended.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not sure exactly how they decide on the fines but according to the NFL's Football Ops site, fines of this nature are set as absolutes and with no escalation. Safety issues and flagrant personal fines have more scope for punishing more harshly for severe/repeat violations.

$30k for someone like Lynch is relative peanuts but for a UDFA, it's about 7% of his pre-tax salary. Perhaps there's a case to be made for it to be means-tested in the next CBA.

Yeah, a percentage of their salary makes the most sense.

He should be charged with Unnecessarily Entering Fight Area (active involvement), which carries no suspension.

But this seems to be relevant to a player who's already on the field, but not part of the skirmish.

Lynch's big no-no was leaving the sideline.

But this seems to be relevant to a player who's already on the field, but not part of the skirmish.

Lynch's big no-no was leaving the sideline.

It doesn't seem that it differentiates between active on the play or not. I'm not the rules expert by any means, just been doing my research.

Schefter tweeted about potential suspension so perhaps the charges combined + prior disciplinary issues are coming into effect.

Edited by Blokestradamus

It doesn't seem that it differentiates between active on the play or not. I'm not the rules expert by any means, just been doing my research.

Schefter tweeted about potential suspension so perhaps the charges combined + prior disciplinary issues are coming into effect.

Yeah, man, I'm no expert, either.

If the rules allow a suspension, I'd think he'll get one. It's not like it was incidental contact. I love Beastmode, but I think he should be suspended for this.

Yeah, man, I'm no expert, either.

If the rules allow a suspension, I'd think he'll get one. It's not like it was incidental contact. I love Beastmode, but I think he should be suspended for this.

He's got away with far worse in the past. That DUI charge took two years and the NFL magically forgot it existed :D

I think the ejection and a fine would suffice, to be honest. No punishment is going to stop Marshawn being Marshawn, we know that by now. Dude goes by the beat of his own drum.

There's literally no mention of suspension in the NFL's rules on fines/suspensions for contact with an official.

https://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/fines-appeals/

Lets use some common sense, does it have to be spelled out for fines and suspensions. I will bet punching a ref in the face is also not mentioned, so does that mean he wouldn't be suspended.

I will be shocked if he doesn't get surprised. Add on top of that his "priors'. Maybe the NFL is so shell shocked over this entire kneeling thing they will try and jet let this go, like no broadcasting the nat anthem on TV anymore, just ignore it, that is the only way I think he is not suspended.

He should be charged with Unnecessarily Entering Fight Area (active involvement), which carries no suspension.

So are you implying him pushing the ref is not a factor at all? I think pushing a ref is 10x what coming onto the field but that is just me.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

Lets use some common sense, does it have to be spelled out for fines and suspensions. I will bet punching a ref in the face is also not mentioned, so does that mean he wouldn't be suspended.

That would likely come under the flagrant personal foul section rather than contact with an official, which carries a minimum fine that can be escalated and scope for suspension.

Also, kudos for using common sense with NFL discipline. Gave me a chuckle :)

I will be shocked if he doesn't get suspended, shocked. Add on top of that his "priors'. Maybe the NFL is so shell shocked over this entire kneeling thing they will try and jet let this go, like no broadcasting the nat anthem on TV anymore, just ignore it, that is the only way I think he is not suspended.

So are you implying him pushing the ref is not a factor at all? I think pushing a ref is 10x what coming onto the field but that is just me.

Let's not act like he pulled the guy's pants down and made him squeal like a pig. He slightly pushed him in the heat of a brawl. Perspective.

Gugny asked about entering the field, I explained the rule on that. We've already addressed the contact with an official penalty which is the stiffest standard financial penalty the league can impose.

I'd bet this plus a statement apologising for pushing the official and some damage control from the Raiders.

@footballzebras

No chance of suspension, but Lynch will get hit w/at least $30,387 for contacting ref, $6,076 for enter fight area

Next shot.... Damage Control from the Raiders.

Take 1,235!

Action!

That would likely come under the flagrant personal foul section rather than contact with an official, which carries a minimum fine that can be escalated and scope for suspension.

Also, kudos for using common sense with NFL discipline. Gave me a chuckle :)

Ah, you got me there. There is about as much common sense with what is a catch now on the field as there is with discipline.