TNF: KC vs. OAK on CBS, NFLN, & Amazon Prime at 8:25 PM ET

Listen, all week I kept hearing about how we are approaching the "easy" part of our schedule, and a lot of folks making that claim put emphasis on the Bucs & Raider games.

All I'm saying is that is no longer the case with the Raider game, not at all.

With their backs against the wall, they just beat the team that many considered the best in the NFL.

Maybe I should have re-phrased it, but my point was this...

The Oakland Raider team that most people expected them to be going into 2017.... is back.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen, all week I kept hearing about how we are approaching the "easy" part of our schedule, and a lot of folks making that claim put emphasis on the Bucs & Raider games.

All I'm saying is that is no longer the case with the Raider game, not at all.

With their backs against the wall, they just beat the team that many considered the best in the NFL.

Maybe I should have re-phrased it, but my point was this...

The Oakland Raider team that most people expected them to be going into 2017.... is back.

At the same time, you could say that the KC defense is beatable. The division and conference are still wide open. Let's take it one week at a time.

At the same time, you could say that the KC defense is beatable. The division and conference are still wide open. Let's take it one week at a time.

All I know is that I'd feel a LOT better about this team and its chances if our receivers were on par with 90% of the NFL. I'm sure I am not alone on that.

Hopefully Zay Jones has a breakthrough after the bye and plays up to his talent, Jordan Matthews stays healthy and one of the other receivers will take advantage of the fact they are getting more of an opportunity in Buffalo than they would anywhere else.

There is a lot to like about our defense, but we need to have a passing game and I may be in the minority but I actually believe Tyrod has a chance at being a pretty good QB if he could actually get good play and continuity out of his receivers.

Derek Carr has to be the prime example here. He's been throwing to Crabtree and Cooper for 3 years now and they might have missed 1 game between them? This is why he makes those throws into coverage that we all want Tyrod to make. You need to know your receivers and their in-game tendencies first. I don't believe it's Tyrods fault, I believe it is because he has not had the opportunity to establish chemistry with any one receiver on this roster since becoming our starting QB.

In 2015, he and Sammy were starting to click and it was a thing of beauty, but they never had a chance to build on that. When Sammy was out, Tyrod and Robert woods finally started to get it going and Woods had the huge game on MNF against Seattle..... and then he gets hurt.

But anyway, that is most of the reason behind my pessimism towards the Bills. And I want to believe that playing "weaker" defenses in the coming weeks will benefit our passing game like people are suggesting. But I'll have to see it to believe it.

Yes, Starting with Tampa Bay... ;)

Edited by BobBelcher

Everyone gushing over Carr on that last drive, i counted about 3 times he could have turned the ball over.

Raiders got extremely lucky and were playing a team that gives up more deep passes than any other in the league.

Our defense is not so easy to do that to.

Everyone gushing over Carr on that last drive, i counted about 3 times he could have turned the ball over.

Raiders got extremely lucky and were playing a team that gives up more deep passes than any other in the league.

Our defense is not so easy to do that to.

Not to mention the most amount of game extending penalty flags I've ever seen.

Not to mention the most amount of game extending penalty flags I've ever seen.

The parity in the NFL this season is really making it hard for officials to decide some of these games. Oakland needed alot of help to avoid their season going down the toilet in week 7.

Well... looks like Oakland is back to being an L

Tonight's game epitomized how raiders kept winning last season.

And it also emphasized how important it is to have receivers that actually have talent in the 4th quarter of a game.

The Bills are an overachieving team that has to count on their opponents screwing up to win games.

The Raiders are back on a mission and the east coast factor is no longer even an advantage for us when they have extreme momentum and extra rest going in their favor

Oh and did I mention they have hardly any injuries? Probably biggest advantage of all. Carr might still be "recovering" but he just threw for 400 including a game winning drive so he's fine

Are you drunk?

This was an absolutely fantastic piece of Thursday night football!

What a game. What an interesting and weird finish.

If this had been a Superbowl, it would be an "instant classic" and almost certainly the best Superbowl on record.

I agree with the "one game at a time" comments up-thread.

Either of those teams could kill the Bills on the right day; we could also beat both those teams on the right day.

The games will be tough.

:lol: Smith had a pretty good game

Agreed.

I thought both QBs in this game were performing on a level that would make Bills fans quite happy. I was thinking that over and over time and time again as each QB made a big play.

I have had a long week so didn't even attempt to get up for this one even though I expected it would be a very good game. I did start Amari Cooper in 2 fantasy teams though after having him benched for a couple of weeks!

I will try and watch later. From the box score alone looks like Carr is back.... just in time to face the Bills. Oh good.

Think TT has got it tought here? From Chiefsplanet website just now:

Chiefs.... I am no longer a fan.. I am selling my Dec. 10 tickets. I am selling or burning all my gear. Once smith is gone. I may revisit the Chiefs but not until they get rid of that piece of **** QB. He is a worthless ****ing crap ass.. I love thie KC Chiefs... I love going to the games. But i will not spend a dime nor support them until they get rid of Smith. Good Bye!

Dude scored me 40. Edited by joesixpack

The last Raiders drive, both throws to Cook are throws Tyrod doesn't even attempt. He would hold on to the ball and run. He won't let his receivers make plays. And yes, the Raiders are back. Cooper is back. Carr is back. They looked healthy on offense. We need to knock Carr on his ass and put him in pain to win this one. Chiefs are suddenly beatable and the AFC is tight. Another win and the vulnerable Pats are back in the drivers seat. Damn.

If and when Carr's offensive line turns into a bad one, Carr is going to look a lot like Fitzpatrick. Saying that based on last night's game alone assuming he plays like that most of the time. Many times the guy was pressured last night, he threw an "up for grabs" ball. Often times those balls were wildly off target. He could have had 5 picks last night. Not what I would call smart quarterback play. But ultimately he did get a win.

Winning sure makes a good deodorant.

Dude scored me 40.

So this guy is done with Alex Smith this season of all seasons?

I am always the first to say "stats are not everything - watch the tape" but he is sick of this Alex Smith???

7 Games; 282.7 ypg; 8.7 ypa; 72.4% completion; 15 TDs; 0 INTs.

Yea..... get rid of that dude.

If and when Carr's offensive line turns into a bad one, Carr is going to look a lot like Fitzpatrick.

Go watch the Washington game. It has already happened. His line was atrocious that day and he played poorly.

Refs suck so bad

call the push off one play.....dont call it the next

One thing I noticed last night that seemed more obvious than normal is that - on almost every play there is a foul being committed somewhere on the field. Basically that means the refs can throw a flag on just about every play if they really want to. So they get to pick and choose which ones to throw. The number of fouls committed in that game that weren't called was disgusting. Blatant holds by linemen and secondary. Blocks in the back on multiple occasions even at the point of attack. Offensive pass interference (that was actually called miraculously). I even think I saw an illegal formation on the Raiders that wasn't mentioned. And yet the refs called a pansy penalty because a guy hit a quarterback who was still up on his feet trying to advance the football toward a first down. Officiating in the NFL is just bad. And it has a MASSIVE impact on which way games go. Often times drive killers or drive saviors that result in points being won or lost.

Go watch the Washington game. It has already happened. His line was atrocious that day and he played poorly.

Yeah. Didn't see that one. Key to beating them is getting pressure on Carr. As is the case with most quarterbacks. He looked like a below average QB when pressured in my opinion. Hit him early and often to get him into his tendency to throw them up for grabs.

Pork belly or bacon

Well, pork belly to turn it into bacon!

Just saying I think both teams were impressive last night, but both showed flaws. Not ideal Raiders get 10 days, but it is a 1PM East Coast game.

IIRC correctly though, Raiders have won like 9 str8 1PM game