Bills have signed WR Deonte Thompson; cut Joe Banyard

YoloinOhio

We were weak at WR, c'mon and RB is still a strength when your #1 is one of the best in the game. The run game results have changed (blocking scheme, injuries) but we weren't strong because of our backup

He absolutely is not. Top 5 maybe, but not the best anymore.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ChrisBrownBills

McDermott mentions Deonte Thompson's blocking in run game. #Bills need more consistency there.

McDermott on Thompson's potential readiness for Sunday - "We'll see. Anxious to see him on practice field." #Bills

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott on if Thompson can get caught up to speed quickly: We'll see. Love his energy. Anxious to see him at practice.

Well Joe did not even get any active game days so gets paid for a year to effectively be practice player for 7 weeks.

I thought I seen Barnyard active vs the Bengals on special teams, but no time on the field at rb. I like Deonte, liked him in preseason here couple years back, but wanted to see them give Barnyard some carries. Somebody has to fill in besides the "Load" even if it's splitting time with him as the backup.

Edited by billrooter

Guessing this could mean Kaelin Clay might have a foot out the door, which means trading Seymour for this guy may not have been best move. I think the more interesting story though is working out Matt Simms. That seems very odd to me.

Need someone to throw the ball at the try-outs. Players on the roster can't participate IIRC

...yes he is.....isn't his primary role though as a ST'er?........so you're comfortable with four backs of which two are FB's if I am not mistaken?.....thought the Banyard kid showed some promise....

No I'm not but I'm sure he could get carries.

Still wish this team would make a move though for a real back up RB if we were really trying to land adrian peterson.

I have nothing against Tolbert, he's a grizzled veteran and all but I hate wasting carries on him.

No I'm not but I'm sure he could get carries.

Still wish this team would make a move though for a real back up RB if we were really trying to land adrian peterson.

I have nothing against Tolbert, he's a grizzled veteran and all but I hate wasting carries on him.

...BUT DiMarco?.....seriously?.........

Two years ago, we had Watkins, Woods, Hogan, Goodwin.

That's a solid 1-4.

Yeah that's solid. Even more solid when Harvin was playing well his first couple games.

He actually wanted to go where he could be the #1, so he says. He knew that wouldn't happen with Watkins here.

Then, Watkins followed him.

And yet Woods is there #1 in yardage thus far. Second in receptions but only 1 shy of first. Yet only averaging about 6 more yards per game then last year.

Yeah that's solid. Even more solid when Harvin was playing well his first couple games.

And yet Woods is there #1 in yardage thus far. Second in receptions but only 1 shy of first. Yet only averaging about 6 more yards per game then last year.

That's true, but that's what Woods said.