Week 7: Bucs' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

@Nick_Wojton

This might sound crazy, but things might finally be turning around for #Bills DT Marcell Dareus. Here's more: http://www.thedailynewsonline.com/bdn02/bills-things-could-finally-be-heading-in-the-right-direction-for-marcell-dareus-20171017

Buffalo fell 20-16 against the Bengals, but Dareus had a tackle and his first sack on the season. For McDermott , the things that don’t show up on Dareus’ stat line has most impressed him.

“The thing about playing defensive tackle is it’s the inside push. It’s the inside presence, not only in the run game but the pass game as well. We’re going to continue to harp on that,” McDermott said.

According to McDermott, that push has allowed others, specifically Jerry Hughes, to thrive.

“When you look at what we’ve done outside with Jerry (Hughes), we found going through the bye week, we can get even more production if we continue to get that inside push and that’s going to be a big part of Marcell’s job moving forward,” McDermott said.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think us fans are due for the Bills to put a royal beat-down on somebody and I really hope it's coming soon. No more of this stress with 2 minutes to go in the 4th please!

Yes would to see this however when we get our 6-7 point lead im expecting Dennision to shut down the offence and play ever so carefully like he seems to do....

Adam Caplan‏V @caplannfl 7 minutes ago
More#Bills worked out QB Matt Simms and WR Deonte Thompson.
Curious we worked out Matt "Backward Pass" Simms.

I remember that play........that was awesome!

Also, in a weird scheduling quirk, this game will mark only the second time ever that these two teams have met in Buffalo, where the Buccaneers have never won (0-1).[/size][/size][/font][/color]

How is that possible?? Haven't the Bucs been in the league for like 40+ years??

It has something to do with El Pegual owning three sports franchises in the same city.

Yeah, I hit the Googs to learn more about it, and this page on the Bucs site goes pretty in depth on the Bills/Bucs series history. They never came to Buffalo until 2009. But we played them eight times in Tampa from 1976 to 2005. But it doesn't explain why the schedule was so quirky like that. I know the expansion and realignment in 2002 lead to the current scheduling format for inter-conference games. But still. So weird.

http://m.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/Series-History-Bucs-Bills/483ece0a-576b-4227-89af-828f26776890