Tyrod Taylor held to higher standard bc he's black ?

Augie, I'm sorry, man. But this is just more excuses for him not being good. He's a quality backup. He's not a starter.

I want a new guy. He's a GREAT backup, and he's a middle of the pack starter. He IS a starter. Two plus years of watching and numbers will tell you that. You need a top 10 guy, and he's not quite there.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, first of all, I have to agree that white people have far more expertise in recognizing racism than black people. When a black person tells you he has experienced racism, ignore what he has to say and instead rely on your experiences as a white person. In fact, I think the best way to illustrate your superior understanding of racism is to treat such claims by black people with mockery, doubt and reflexive incredulity. There couldn't possibly be even a kernel of truth to such claims. Why on earth would anyone think that a black quarterback in the NFL might have a better understanding of racism regarding the evaluation of black quarterbacks than people outside the locker room who know even less about racism than they know about football? If you haven't experienced racism, how could it possibly exist? If you are convinced that you are not a racist then does it not follow, a priori, that there are no racists?

Love it :thumbsup:

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/14/bills-tyrod-taylor-believes-hes-held-to-a-higher-standard-because-hes-african-american/

Last year it was the media's fault when he sucked. Now he's being held to higher standard because he's black ?

He almost makes as many excuses as the fanatical taylorheads here. Try not being at the bottom of qb ranking lists. Leave the race nonsense alone.

"Haters" disappear when you're actually good at your craft like Cam, Jameis, Watson, and Wilson.

Taylor is right.

You're trying to be slick by naming other more heralded black Qb's with better stats. Same thing applies to those Qb's also. The second they started to slip in production you'd flip on them too because race is always in the back of people's minds' in America because that's the way many white Americans who are the dominant people in America numbers-wise think.

America was built on the notion of racial inferiority and superiority; so why do people---especially white American people---pretend so much like this notion of racism still existing is a myth?

Or worst yet, that it only exists because black people keep 'giving life' to it by mentioning it.

White people are very much a race-conscious people.

What's the point in pretending?

You obviously didnt watch the 30 for 30

It was right there and documented.....Tyrod Taylor had a fantastic combine in the athletism department and his agent went right to him and said he was being asked if Tyrod would like to change his position to wide receiver because of his physical talents. Tyrod stuck to his guns and wanted to be drafted as a quarterback,

Lets also say this...Tyrod comeing up of college was NOT Michael Vick....he had qb deficiencies that he actually worked on while with Baltimore and he grew as a qb.....qbs mature at different rates and are often drafted based on potential.....and he was viewed as a certain kind of player and THAT is why he fell in the draft...not specically because he was black but because of the athlete stereotypel he fell into.

Tyrod has lasted longer then ALL the qbs drafted in front of him and has had greater success......he IS a good NFL qb even if he is not a franchise player

There was a 30 for 30 on Tyrod Taylor ? When did this happen ?

Edited by Game Manager

Taylor is right.

You're trying to be slick by naming other more heralded black Qb's with better stats. Same thing applies to those Qb's also. The second they started to slip in production you'd flip on them too because race is always in the back of people's minds' in America because that's the way many white Americans who are the dominant people in America numbers-wise think.

America was built on the notion of racial inferiority and superiority; so why do people---especially white American people---pretend so much like this notion of racism still existing is a myth?

Or worst yet, that it only exists because black people keep 'giving life' to it by mentioning it.

You spelled blurple wrong.

Taylor is right.

I'm not going to pretend that racism doesn't exist because obviously it does. Like Chris Rock said, "America to black people is the uncle that paid for your college education...but molested you when you were growing up." To deny the mistreatment of minorities in the US is to be delusional.

However, in this specific instance, I simply don't agree with Tyrod. I think he's making excuses for his poor play and thinking he's beyond criticism and the only reason he's hearing criticism must have something to do with factors that don't have to do with his play on the field.

And I also don't appreciate your generalizations. Isn't judging individuals based on the perception of the race as a whole the backbone of racism and prejudice to begin with? If you're against racism, then why would you be making such statements as "white people are very much a race-conscious people." Can we stop with the sweeping statements?

I'm not going to pretend that racism doesn't exist because obviously it does. Like Chris Rock said, "America to black people is the uncle that paid for your college education...but molested you when you were growing up." To deny the mistreatment of minorities in the US is to be delusional.

However, in this specific instance, I simply don't agree with Tyrod. I think he's making excuses for his poor play and thinking he's beyond criticism and the only reason he's hearing criticism must have something to do with factors that don't have to do with his play on the field.

And I also don't appreciate your generalizations. Isn't judging individuals based on the perception of the race as a whole the backbone of racism and prejudice to begin with? If you're against racism, then why would you be making such statements as "white people are very much a race-conscious people." Can we stop with the sweeping statements?

Would saying "Many white people of America are very race-conscious" make it more an accurate statement?

From what I read Taylor took blame for the parts of his play that he was fairly criticized for and was merely pointing out that there's less room for error, heightened scrutiny, and that being a black Qb factors in to how he is judged and the amount of leeway granted to him by the media and perhaps fans.

Would saying "Many white people of America are very race-conscious" make it more an accurate statement?

From what I read Taylor took blame for the parts of his play that he was fairly criticized for and was merely pointing out that there's less room for error, heightened scrutiny, and that being a black Qb factors in to how he is judged and the amount of leeway granted to him by the media and perhaps fans.

What are fans saying about Flacco, Bortles, and Hoyer this morning ?

Taylor is right.

Is that why 100% of the fans on this site have criticized the Bills for not taking Wilson, Prescott, Mahomes or Watson?

Since I am the editor on the actual story and not what someone at another site decided to pull from it, let me say this: those are two quotes pulled from a 40-minute one on one sitdown with Taylor. And frankly, not a fair characterization of the thrust of the conversation.

The full piece along with a wide array of excerpts from the interview will be in the Sunday print edition of The Buffalo News. We also will be making more of it available to non BNblitz.com subscribers. If you are a print or digital subscriber, it is on the site now.

So maybe reserve judgment until you see the whole thing.

Josh

I thought BN Blitz was The Buffalo News?

Well, first of all, I have to agree that white people have far more expertise in recognizing racism than black people. When a black person tells you he has experienced racism, ignore what he has to say and instead rely on your experiences as a white person. In fact, I think the best way to illustrate your superior understanding of racism is to treat such claims by black people with mockery, doubt and reflexive incredulity. There couldn't possibly be even a kernel of truth to such claims. Why on earth would anyone think that a black quarterback in the NFL might have a better understanding of racism regarding the evaluation of black quarterbacks than people outside the locker room who know even less about racism than they know about football? If you haven't experienced racism, how could it possibly exist? If you are convinced that you are not a racist then does it not follow, a priori, that there are no racists?

If white people are the perpetrators of this racism wouldn't they be in just as good, if not better, of a position to know if they were racially motivated?

I can list countless examples of black people making unfounded claims of racism, and in many cases genuinely believing those claims. Do we ignore this reality and just accept all claims at face value for the sake of sanctimonious cuckoldery?

Is that why 100% of the fans on this site have criticized the Bills for not taking Wilson, Prescott, Mahomes or Watson?

In fairness, I jumped off the Russell Wilson bandwagon last year when I found out he was black.

Is a white QB too much to ask for?

would it be racist to say he sucked and was held to a higher standard jus' because he's white?

Taylor is right.

i hate everybody. happy?

would it be racist to say he sucked and was held to a higher standard jus' because he's white?

Of course not. You can say anything you want about white guys.

Compared to who?

What are fans saying about Flacco, Bortles, and Hoyer this morning ?

And here we go...

Flacco since 2015, the year Taylor took over for Buffalo, has a record of 14-18 and has thrown twice as many interceptions as touchdowns this season. So Ravens fans' are probably saying "Flacco is regressing and is at the end of the road".

Bortles has never completed 60% of his passes since being drafted and has a losing career record. So Jaguars fans' are probably saying "If our 1st rd 3rd overall pick of Qb screws our season up because he can't hit his receivers 60% percent of the time he throws, I swear at season's end he's gator bait".

You could already see from the Seniors Bowl that the 9'ers probably had something good in CJ Beathard. Hoyer is completing under 60% too. So 49ers fans' are probably singing The Hallelujah Song with the switch at Qb from "Brian "Journeyman" Hoyer.

Tyrod Taylor has the higher Qb Rating of them all easily and the lower int% of them all this season.

6tds to 2 ints.

43 tds passing to 14 ints as of now for his career in Buffalo.

More importantly has Buffalo positioned to reclaim the top spot in the division with a win.

The fact that you just attempted to somehow group Taylor with these three Qb's who are struggling mightily for their respective teams, speaks to Taylor's point.

If I never throw the football except when my target is wide open for 2 whole seconds, or it's garbagetime and the D is letting me have 5 yard passes and 20 seconds grind off the clock....

!@#$, we'd ALL have great INT stats.

And here we go...

Flacco since 2015, the year Taylor took over for Buffalo, has a record of 14-18 and has thrown twice as many interceptions as touchdowns this season. So Ravens fans' are probably saying "Flacco is regressing and is at the end of the road".

Bortles has never completed 60% of his passes since being drafted and has a losing career record. So Jaguars fans' are probably saying "If our 1st rd 3rd overall pick of Qb screws our season up because he can't hit his receivers 60% percent of the time he throws, I swear at season's end he's gator bait".

You could already see from the Seniors Bowl that the 9'ers probably had something good in CJ Beathard. Hoyer is completing under 60% too. So 49ers fans' are probably singing The Hallelujah Song with the switch at Qb from "Brian "Journeyman" Hoyer.

Tyrod Taylor has the higher Qb Rating of them all easily and the lower int% of them all this season.

6tds to 2 ints.

43 tds passing to 14 ints as of now for his career in Buffalo.

More importantly has Buffalo positioned to reclaim the top spot in the division with a win.

The fact that you just attempted to somehow group Taylor with these three Qb's who are struggling mightily for their respective teams, speaks to Taylor's point.

We know Taylors qbr really stacks up those wins for this 31st ranked offense.

He's above criticism for some reason.

Edited by Game Manager