Harvey Weinstein (and others) accused of sexual harrasement

RaoulDuke79

It's well known that Ziyi Zhang slept her way to the top, and she's never denied it.

What?

She in fact did and does deny it. And she has won big settlements for defamation against news sources who pushed that story.

And it is not well known that she slept her way to anything. What is well understood is that she was a victim of a smear campaign and that the claims are not at all true.

Edited by Cugalabanza

Thoughts on the #metoo floating around? Makes about as much sense as athletes wearing pink to make me aware of breast cancer.

I'm not against the athletes wearing pink, as those articles of clothing/accessories are subsequently auctioned off to fund breast cancer research.

The #metoo crap ... I think it's crap. If it's bothering you, go talk to a professional; don't put it on social media just to get attention/pity.

I'm not against the athletes wearing pink, as those articles of clothing/accessories are subsequently auctioned off to fund breast cancer research.

The #metoo crap ... I think it's crap. If it's bothering you, go talk to a professional; don't put it on social media just to get attention/pity.

My issues with pink are twofold. One: there are shitloads of other diseases. Why this one? Why not all cancers. Two: IMO its only an attempt to get female viewers.

Thoughts on the #metoo floating around?

I think it's fine. It's a positive thing to shine a light on a problem that is way bigger than most people realize or are willing to admit. If it feels good for some women to share in this informal way and if it makes them feel part of a community, then cheers! If you don't like it, it's easy for you to ignore. It asks nothing of you and doesn't cost you anything at all. It makes no claim on your life.

Despite the damning allegations, I still appreciate Harvey's work. He had an illustrious career and that cannot be taken away from him. I thought he was absolutely brilliant in The Birdcage. Imagine my surprise when one of the most high profile openly gay actors in Hollywood is accused of assaulting so many women. I suppose that recognition provided him the perfect cover to pursue his true motive. The story is as sad as it is surprising.

I think it's fine. It's a positive thing to shine a light on a problem that is way bigger than most people realize or are willing to admit. If it feels good for some women to share in this informal way and if it makes them feel part of a community, then cheers! If you don't like it, it's easy for you to ignore. It asks nothing of you and doesn't cost you anything at all. It makes no claim on your life.

It won't be around long and I Agree. At dinner last night, we were talking about it and my 16 year old daughter was aghast to hear about the #metoo prevalence among women and completely stunned when my wife rattled off 3 stories.

Not a bad reminder to everyone how widespread the problem is and how it's OK to discuss it. Bring it into the light and it's more likely to go away.

Your average office sexual harasser is definitely having a worse week this week than pre-Weinstein, that's for sure. Unemployment claims may rise this week.

Edited by BeginnersMind

Thoughts on the #metoo floating around? Makes about as much sense as athletes wearing pink to make me aware of breast cancer.

I'm going to start a campaign #itwasme to answer their #metoo.

It'll go over well

It won't be around long and I Agree. At dinner last night, we were talking about it and my 16 year old daughter was aghast to hear about the #metoo prevalence among women and completely stunned when my wife rattled off 3 stories.

Not a bad reminder to everyone how widespread the problem is and how it's OK to discuss it. Bring it into the light and it's more likely to go away.

Your average office sexual harasser is definitely having a worse week this week than pre-Weinstein, that's for sure. Unemployment claims may rise this week.

#itwasme

Despite the damning allegations, I still appreciate Harvey's work. He had an illustrious career and that cannot be taken away from him. I thought he was absolutely brilliant in The Birdcage. Imagine my surprise when one of the most high profile openly gay actors in Hollywood is accused of assaulting so many women. I suppose that recognition provided him the perfect cover to pursue his true motive. The story is as sad as it is surprising.

post-1661-0-10028500-1508257484_thumb.jpg

Harvey wasn't in Birdcage.

Love how these actresses now are coming out on a soap box talking about being judged for being over weight. Jennifer Lawrence, I have no pity for you because you are a bit fluffy and the industry you are in requires looks to be a talent.

Not to mention that she is still thinner than the average woman in her late 20's. So, spare me.

Where was all this emotion before you made it big?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.