The All-22 reveals some pretty ugly football against Bengals

Also ALL22 viewers should be so play by critical of evry qb in the league - they would be surprised that all QBs miss out on open WR somnewhere downfield - especially when they experience the pressure Tyrod faces behind this patch work line.

This "patch work line" is currently 7th in the league in pass protection.

Not good enough for Tyrod to find someone to throw to, I guess.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea the line's awfulness has been run game mainly. Which is a surprise to me because it is a total 180 from previous years.

If Tyrod is only on par with McCown that is not good news.

Agreed, but not the point I'm making. 'Totally outplayed' is a giant crock of $&!*.

DVOA has TT at 18 and McCown at 28

DYAR has TT at 19 and McCown at 29

Heck, even my system has TT at 22 and McCown at 28

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

You may be right but Alex Smith didn't start playing well until his 7th year in the league (6th as a starter) and he was 27. He is probably having his best year now while being 33.

Alex Smith was #1 overall draft pick on awful teams. Tyrod is an 6th round pick that took over an offense Kyle Orton had at 9-7

Let see 7th in the league and we decide to bench the starting right guard?

We replace an injured all-pro LT with a rookie and all is good?

And Jordan Mills is a wonderful pass blocker at RT?

In that universe are the martians friendly? Does the Easter Bunny hang out with Santa Clause? Tell Fred Flintstone hello...

Alex Smith was #1 overall draft pick on awful teams. Tyrod is an 6th round pick that took over an offense Kyle Orton had at 9-7

The Bills had the 26th DVOA offense from 2014, it went to the 9th DVOA offense in 2015; 10th in 2016.

The 49ers had the 29th DVOA offense in 2004, it went to the 32nd DVOA offense in 2005; 23rd in 2006; 32nd in 2007; 27th in 2008; 23rd in 2009; 24th in 2012.

Let see 7th in the league and we decide to bench the starting right guard?

We replace an injured all-pro LT with a rookie and all is good?

And Jordan Mills is a wonderful pass blocker at RT?

In that universe are the martians friendly? Does the Easter Bunny hang out with Santa Clause? Tell Fred Flintstone hello...

Well apparently in your universe Cordy Glenn was once named an All-Pro so...

This is the slow reaction that has been a fatal flaw for Tyrod. He needs to make a split decision to pass to Logan Thomas immediately and he hesitates, which costs them four points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5gHmJTJq-A

Clearly seems like Logan Thomas did not turn up field as expected. Taylor seems to hold it wanting Logan Thomas to turn up field when he doesn't Taylor waves him up there. I don't see this a TT hesitating. I see it as TT waiting for Logan Thomas to realize this should be a TD.

That seems to be the M.O. It's weird. One can acknowledge Tyrod's flaws without needing to believe there are no good facets to him. The way some on here act the Bills are 2-14 the past two years.

Cry me a river, fans want more from the most important position in football and want a playoff run not the pretenders year after year. If he wasn't a problem fans wouldn't be all over him.

When the Bills win Tyrod has nothing to do with the outcome. When the Bills lose Tyrod has everything to do with the outcome. Rinse and repeat.

This season when the Bills won some propped Tyrod up to Brees/Brady status not looking at the entire picture why they won just Tyrods wonderful 190 day. Many can see they won not because of him but in spite of him, since they won many backed off the 190 day of criticizing him and prop up the players that truly shined like the D/kicker. Tyrod did enough for the win his crit was left alone while still knowing it could be a problem later on.

Since the in spite of couldn't do enough the Bills lost because the offense couldn't do enough so Tyrod gets blamed because the QB is the one that has to get that offense moving, he is the leader and is responsible to make it happen. When he plays like he did he deserves to get fingers pointed especially when he holds the ball and doesn't throw it, trentive.

Those same that prop him up to the top of the league status for his 190 win can only see it's not Tyrods fault it's everyone else's, the OC, line,WRs,RBs,TEs, pointing the finger everywhere but at Tyrod.

Hey man we can all see the entire offense stunk but since Tyrod is the QB he gets the blunt of it because that responsibility comes with the job, welcome to the NFL. It's why they call it a QB driven league when QB fails to drive the offense is dead in the water and the QB gets the blunt of the blame.

Edited by xRUSHx

He is who he is. The Bills are limited outside. Missing Matthews and Clay killed the passing game this past week. Those where his 2 main guys. They haven't been prolific but those were the guys who made the important plays. Zay looks like a rookie. I would like to see Reily in the slot. I dont think he will be dynamic but Kelin CLay does nothing for me. Maybe a wr is brought in. I do not see it happening though.

Edited by Mat68

Clearly seems like Logan Thomas did not turn up field as expected. Taylor seems to hold it wanting Logan Thomas to turn up field when he doesn't Taylor waves him up there. I don't see this a TT hesitating. I see it as TT waiting for Logan Thomas to realize this should be a TD.

All-22s are pointless for analyzing plays like this. We have no clue if Logan Thomas made a wrong read. It may be that the coaches are telling Tyrod to do the exact same thing next time because it would have been a TD. Or maybe they'll telling Tyrod HE made the wrong read and needs to throw the ball next time. There's nothing more to be said.

The 2nd Bills drive showed me all I want to know regarding TT's love affair in holding the ball. He sidearmed a ball low and slightly behind Tate that if in stride would've resulted in a 20+ yard gain. Later that drive after the Clay duck ball and injury, there was the late throw to Logan Thomas at the 10. If TT had any kind of field vision and wasn't so late throwing it, it wouldve been an easy 1st down near the 5 or 6. Even the announcers criticized him for holding it so long. His field vision is awful. And as we've harped for over 2 yrs now he waits way too long to pull the trigger. Still refuses to throw over the middle.

These have been his major deficiencies since he has been here- at this stage of his career it wont be fixable. TT is a gamer and I want to see him succeed but he just doesnt have it and never will. Sure, he will make big plays here and there but wont take a team to the promise land.

As painful as it was, I decided to watch the coaches film to see what happened on Sunday and if it is fixable.

As much as I'd like to call for Rico's head, his play calling was not that awful. The execution was. This team was just out of sync since the first play. Do you blame it on the coaches for not having the team ready or is this the end result of two consecutive road games and an emotional let down after taking the Atlanta game.

And the Buffalo news about Shady losing a step is bull ****. The O-Line and FB's were constantly missing blocks or not picking up a stunt or blitz properly.

DiMarco looked bad. He failed to pick up linebackers on a few carries and wide open holes for Shady collapsed quickly. There were lanes to run, but either someone on the line missed an assignment or for some stupid reason they would double up on a man and leave another running free. Everyone just seemed confused on plays.

Tyrod had a bad day. I credit the Bengals line for doing something I hadn't seen done and that is to keep turning TT back to the middle of the field. Usually when pressure comes, Tyrod gets out to the perimeter and is a threat to run or throw. For some reason he kept turning back into the pocket and trying to step up where he would get swallowed by an eventual meltdown by a lineman who couldn't hold the block any longer.

The whole O-line looked bad and out of sync. I'd want to call Ducasse out as the single reason for meltdowns but he had help. Even Richie was losing his blocks in the passing game.

Tyrod never got into any sort of rhythm with the offense and he does not have the confidence to throw it into tight windows.

When people complain that our receivers are not getting separation, I started questioning how bad they were, but the truth was that although not wide wide open, they often had a step or two on the defense. A good quarterback finds that and makes the play.

Watching the Cowboys-Packers and even the Bears-Vikings, I saw QB's throwing to receivers who were not any more open than ours and they were making plays. Rodgers always challenges the secondary. He let's his receivers make the play. Ours never even get a chance.

Even when they are open and in space, TT was throwing low or behind so they didn't even have a chance for YAC.

I think we can turn this around with our present players, although it would be nice to add a WR that can make plays and contested catches. The main thing we need to do is execute the play and draw up some more plays to keep Tyrod moving out of the pocket.

TT needs to be a threat to take off at anytime and once he runs for 3-4 plays of 10-15 yards or more, defenses will have to adjust and the run game and lanes will open up. Our players also need more awareness of what the defense is doing. It seems that guys do not make adjustments when a play called is not working. Watching DiMarco run off to make a block on a lineman when a linebacker is flying toward Shady is just stupid. He has to be aware of what is happening.

More than a few times I saw Richie standing in the middle of the field not blocking anyone because no one was rushing through him. Meanwhile two guys bull over Wood and collapse the pocket. Richie has to be aware and adjust. This is a team game and if the offense can gel as a team, I think they will find a way to make it into the playoffs.

On defense, outside of AJ Green going wild, we seemed okay. The pass rush vs the Bengals was not effective and it let Dalton have a bit too much time to find AJ. I really wish Dareus would get motivated. With a healthy Shaq and Gaines back, our D could be special.

I'm anxious to see what the coaches feel after reviewing the tape. They must feel that a lot of this is fixable. I wonder if Beane will sack up and make a trade. I wouldn't mind seeing another RB and WR and even G/T come in.

Go Bills.

excellent break down except Bench TT. Defense will adjust to his running and make him pass. Which he cannot do. The tapes don't lie. He is not difficult to prepare for or defend. We are in the NFL. Once again, if he keeps starting get ready to suffer. With no playoffs. I really have lost hopes two years ago. Edited by Noogie75

Cry me a river, fans want more from the most important position in football and want a playoff run not the pretenders year after year. If he wasn't a problem fans wouldn't be all over him.

This season when the Bills won some propped Tyrod up to Brees/Brady status not looking at the entire picture why they won just Tyrods wonderful 190 day. Many can see they won not because of him but in spite of him, since they won many backed off the 190 day of criticizing him and prop up the players that truly shined like the D/kicker. Tyrod did enough for the win his crit was left alone while still knowing it could be a problem later on.

Since the in spite of couldn't do enough the Bills lost because the offense couldn't do enough so Tyrod gets blamed because the QB is the one that has to get that offense moving, he is the leader and is responsible to make it happen. When he plays like he did he deserves to get fingers pointed especially when he holds the ball and doesn't throw it, trentive.

Those same that prop him up to the top of the league status for his 190 win can only see it's not Tyrods fault it's everyone else's, the OC, line,WRs,RBs,TEs, pointing the finger everywhere but at Tyrod.

Hey man we can all see the entire offense stunk but since Tyrod is the QB he gets the blunt of it because that responsibility comes with the job, welcome to the NFL. It's why they call it a QB driven league when QB fails to drive the offense is dead in the water and the QB gets the blunt of the blame.

Complete nonsense! No one did this.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz