The All-22 reveals some pretty ugly football against Bengals

If the ball is thrown when it ought to be Thomas walks into the endzone.

I'm not so sure if he felt he would complete it or saw Thomas at that moment . Regardless you can see Taylor waving Thomas upfield . Some blame on both sides probably but a miscommunication that can be expected when inexperienced players are pressed into service.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the Bills win Tyrod has nothing to do with the outcome. When the Bills lose Tyrod has everything to do with the outcome. Rinse and repeat.

That seems to be the M.O. It's weird. One can acknowledge Tyrod's flaws without needing to believe there are no good facets to him. The way some on here act the Bills are 2-14 the past two years.

You must be watching another Game Pass, because Beuerlein said nothing about Thomas.

I could have sworn he said something about Thomas. Maybe it was in a recap somewhere else in the broadcast. Or I'm just losing more marbles...

You must be watching another Game Pass, because Beuerlein said nothing about Thomas.

212bdq0.jpg

I didn't remember correctly I guess, because I took Tasker's mention of Thomas running out of room as a knock on Thomas.

Still, when both analysts keyed in on TT's hesitation, then it's not a secret to anyone.

You just continue to make utterly stupid statements like the above bolded here on TSW.

3 QB's win 10-11 games every year.........Rodgers, Brady and Russell Wilson..........and sometimes teams with bad QB play win 10+ games........or even a SB.

You speak the truth.

You just continue to make utterly stupid statements like the above bolded here on TSW.

3 QB's win 10-11 games every year.........Rodgers, Brady and Russell Wilson..........and sometimes teams with bad QB play win 10+ games........or even a SB.

Ah, the king of double speak is back. How's your prognostication biz coming along now that McCown is totally outplaying Taylor?

I could have sworn he said something about Thomas. Maybe it was in a recap somewhere else in the broadcast. Or I'm just losing more marbles...

Maybe I'm not going crazy, because I remember them talking about it too.

I'm not so sure if he felt he would complete it or saw Thomas at that moment . Regardless you can see Taylor waving Thomas upfield . Some blame on both sides probably but a miscommunication that can be expected when inexperienced players are pressed into service.

I don't really see the miscommunication TBH. Everyone's seen that route before, it's a pretty standard concept: isolate TE on LB and take secondary away for 3-7 yard gain. The TE isn't required to adjust upfield if the ball gets to him on time. Taylor waving Thomas upfield after the fact doesn't impress me, I think he ran his route as drawn up and the pass simply wasn't on time.

Neither Beuerlein nor Tasker mentioned Thomas being at fault, but it's an easy and correct conclusion to assign blame to Tyrod as well as the novice TE.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I don't really see the miscommunication TBH. Everyone's seen that route before, it's a pretty standard concept: isolate TE on LB and take secondary away for 3-7 yard gain. The TE isn't required to adjust upfield if the ball gets to him on time. Taylor waving Thomas upfield after the fact doesn't impress me, I think he ran his route as drawn up and the pass simply wasn't on time.

Almost all plays in the NFL have multiple routes and adjustment for each of the receivers based on sight adjustments. It's not college ball, where the route is the route. TDs are scored every Sunday that were not as the play was drawn up. This is due to communication between the QB and the receivers . Can be something as simple as a look before the snap or just being on the same page with the QB and adjusting the route. Without knowing the play we have no idea. It looks like he ran the route as it was drawn up, and Taylor wanted a different route when he saw the actual coverage.

Edited by Boatdrinks

Ah, the king of double speak is back. How's your prognostication biz coming along now that McCown is totally outplaying Taylor?

"10-11 win QB's make that throw" :lol:

Seriously dude, call it a career........get a loaf of bread.....go to the park and feed the pigeons.......the game is moving too fast for you. :beer:

"10-11 win QB's make that throw" :lol:

Seriously dude, call it a career........get a loaf of bread.....go to the park and feed the pigeons.......the game is moving too fast for you. :beer:

If it makes you feel better, a career .300 QB like McCown makes that throw.

But if you want more context of that 10-11 wins, I remember the king narcissist claiming that this team can achieve that target this year. Now, maybe the king can tell us how the Bills can reach that target when their QB fails to make routine NFL throws?

Oh, I know, he doesn't have Gillislee running for 5.7 yds/carry or have a wide open Watkins to throw to, so that alone is worth 4 wins, right?

Almost all plays in the NFL have multiple routes and adjustment for each of the receivers based on sight adjustments. It's not college ball, where the route is the route. TDs are scored every Sunday that were not as the play was drawn up. This is due to communication between the QB and the receivers . Can be something as simple as a look before the snap or just being on the same page with the QB and adjusting the route. Without knowing the play we have no idea. It looks like he ran the route as it was drawn up, and Taylor wanted a different route when he saw the actual coverage.

That's my take as well.

Probably the reason Zay Jones is struggling so badly as well. He might be so focused on running the routes as they're drawn up that he's having a hard time with sight adjustments (and catching the damn ball, of course)...

I don't know what to tell you. Yes, there are often route options depending on a certain defensive look, but this wasn't one of those. This was a very simple out that was executed by everyone except the quarterback. It's not some conspiracy.

The actual coverage you mention was exactly the look they wanted: LB over pursued and was out of position against TE in the flat, wideouts took secondary away. Deliver the ball and it's six.