Next man up is not good enough

Not after week 5 and with a bye week.

There is no excuse for not finding a TE and WR to help this year.

There are multiple teams where the wheels are falling off. Go get Bryant from Pittsburgh. TY Hilton. The Cardinals are imploding.

Go make a move. They have the ammunition to win now.

If they don't make a trade to get better, then they should trade Shady and just admit they wanted to tank all along.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragon...while that might sound good on paper...the problem with the Bills is their lack of depth at virtually EVERY position. Any depth they had, they traded away for draft picks. So now, who is going to make a trade with them? And for which players on our roster? The answer can only be trading away those same draft picks that you just traded for. Is that your plan?

Not after week 5 and with a bye week.

There is no excuse for not finding a TE and WR to help this year.

There are multiple teams where the wheels are falling off. Go get Bryant from Pittsburgh. TY Hilton. The Cardinals are imploding.

Go make a move. They have the ammunition to win now.

If they don't make a trade to get better, then they should trade Shady and just admit they wanted to tank all along.

Which existing player on the team are they going to trade for a receiver? Because they aren't spending any draft picks.

Beane and McDermott don't really care about this year - at least not as much as they pretend to. The season will sink or swim with the existing roster and the possible addition of scrub level players.

Which existing player on the team are they going to trade for a receiver? Because they aren't spending any draft picks.

Beane and McDermott don't really care about this year - at least not as much as they pretend to. The season will sink or swim with the existing roster and the possible addition of scrub level players.

this is my take on it as well. i think they just decided to roll with the season with what they had, and if the wins come, great. i think the early success threw us all off a bit, but at this point i want this staff to stick to their plan, (whatever it actually is) and build what they envision.

this is my take on it as well. i think they just decided to roll with the season with what they had, and if the wins come, great. i think the early success threw us all off a bit, but at this point i want this staff to stick to their plan, (whatever it actually is) and build what they envision.

Yep and with the way McD talks about Glenn and the benching of Miller they may need all these picks just to get the bodies the want. I think they view it as a roster in transition and they won't be using any draft capital for short term solutions.

Yep and with the way McD talks about Glenn and the benching of Miller they may need all these picks just to get the bodies the want. I think they view it as a roster in transition and they won't be using any draft capital for short term solutions.

Winning games, gaining confidence, in middle of playoff run is invaluable experience for all the players they do intend to keep. They dont need to mortgage anything to get a couple WR in better than guys we got. Or activating only four CBs when one was only signed two days before the game.

Winning games, gaining confidence, in middle of playoff run is invaluable experience for all the players they do intend to keep. They dont need to mortgage anything to get a couple WR in better than guys we got. Or activating only four CBs when one was only signed two days before the game.

They have played with confidence all season long and the guys that don't play hard and execute don't get on the field. It's no longer about appeasing players, they came in with a vision and so far it looks solid.

agreed. i think next years team is going to be build through the draft and middle of the road free agents. i could be wrong, but i don't see these guys dumping a ton of money into fa.

They have played with confidence all season long and the guys that don't play hard and execute don't get on the field. It's no longer about appeasing players, they came in with a vision and so far it looks solid.

I had no problem with them before this week. One of the reasons we were 3-1 was we had very few injuries. My problem was we were 3-1. A very winnable game makes them 4-1 and 3-0 in division. With bye and then a few home games. Very, very good playoff position. But then injuries hit two positions they didnt address at all, one of them CB that was criminal malfeasance. And it dramatically affected playoff chances.

I had no problem with them before this week. One of the reasons we were 3-1 was we had very few injuries. My problem was we were 3-1. A very winnable game makes them 4-1 and 3-0 in division. With bye and then a few home games. Very, very good playoff position. But then injuries hit two positions they didnt address at all, one of them CB that was criminal malfeasance. And it dramatically affected playoff chances.

Yep, big time oversight, i remember thinking about how we were gonna win this weekend with no ariel weapons, figured it would take a pick 6 at least, at this rate the defense is gknna have to start putting up points cuz we have nothing at WR besides the ocasional o Leary and Tate reception.

Dragon...while that might sound good on paper...the problem with the Bills is their lack of depth at virtually EVERY position. Any depth they had, they traded away for draft picks. So now, who is going to make a trade with them? And for which players on our roster? The answer can only be trading away those same draft picks that you just traded for. Is that your plan?

^This is how the OP should have went...well said

We can only realistically trade away draft picks, and only teams looking to make a post season move would consider trading for Shady now that he's getting older and demanding a higher salary. Something which this league has turned and said "we won't pay top dollar for RBs."

We only have draft picks to trade away which hurts our future and shouldn't be done at this point just to maybe win now. We knew WR and DB depth were an issue going into the season, well, at least TBD did. But now with our offense, barely acceptable when healthy, now hopelessly depleted we can't really expect us to capitalize on another season where other perennial top teams are struggling on more than one side of the ball.

This is exactly where we are. Let's just hope some folks get healthy soon.

Martavis Bryant definitely does not fit the mold of the type of players at McDermitt wants to bring in. Ty Hilton on the other hand would be a great pick up but do even know if the colts are shopping him and if so how many years are left on his contract and what would it take to get him ? I just don't know if a trade like that is even feasible. The coaching staff has reiterated numerous times that they're building for now and the future so it's very possible that they don't make any wide receiver additions and keep their stock pile of draft picks

I'm not sure I agree about the lack of depth. Every Team in the NFL lacks depth. There are only 46 players active on game day. How many teams have a quality backup at every position? In fact, I believe this is why McD constantly preaches versatility. I think Oleary was a great backup. The team handled the dareus injury and the Glenn injury admirably. Worthy was out for a month and they still had the #1 D. Milano played OK with Humbar out and the bills only have up 20 without him and EJ. We roll out 7 players on the Dline constantly with solid play almost every down so there must be depth there.

The WR position and the QB position is where there is no depth. In fact with Matthews out there is a solid argument there isn't a bonafide starter amongst both groups. If somehow they fix the WR slot with improvement from current players or a newcomer, they might be able to deal with the QB for a playoff run.