Do you believe the Bills are a playoff team in 2017?

This " Offense" is in shambles.

The D will wear down as the season goes on.

I know I'm about to get the " Hot Take" criticism but for me it is that simple.

I don't confuse what I want with what is. We are on pace to have a sub-30 Offense.

Who are the sure playoff teams in your opinion?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have mixed feelings.

Because of the improved Defense and the Head Coach I do believe the Bills could make the playoffs.

However, I am not confident Tyrod can get the job done.

This is exactly how I feel. We have the head coach and defensive system to do well, but this offense is a complete mess and TT is still inconsistent. And now the injury train is starting to roll into Buffalo.

Who are the sure playoff teams in your opinion?

For me on what I have seen so far it is:

KC

New England

and probably Denver....

The bad news for the Bills is one of those almost certainly win our division and the other two are in the same division.... so that's probably one wildcard gone. I could see the Bills missing out at 9-7 while 9-7 gets a division winner of the AFCS or AFCN in.

If it was as simple as the best 6 teams get in the Bills would be in a better spot because in a week AFC we might still slide in there.... but the division system and the Patriots plays against us.

Let's just concentrate on what we can control.... which starts with beating the Buccs.

Edited by GunnerBill

For me on what I have seen so far it is:

KC

New England

and probably Denver....

The bad news for the Bills is one of those almost certainly win our division and the other two are in the same division.... so that's probably one wildcard gone. I could see the Bills missing out at 9-7 while 9-7 gets a division winner of the AFCS or AFCN in.

If it was as simple as the best 6 teams get in the Bills would be in a better spot because in a week AFC we might still slide in there.... but the division system and the Patriots plays against us.

Let's just concentrate on what we can control.... which starts with beating the Buccs.

For me the only sure lock is KC. I would agree that the Pats are #2, but their defense is still very suspect and Brady could absolutely hit that wall by December when we play them twice. Even assuming they win the AFC East we have a leg up on Denver. They still have to play the Chiefs twice, Eagles, Patriots, Raiders with Carr, and Redskins. And even assuming Denver is the 1st wildcard the 2nd spot is crazy wide open.

No one can honestly say the Bills have no chance at making the playoffs, not that you said that but that's what some people think. Oakland is in a hole and didn't look that great even when Carr was playing. The whole AFC North is inconsistent and I don't see how more than 1 playoff team comes out of it. The AFC South, same thing. I think you're right that a 9-7 team ends up making it in this year. We only have 1 loss in the conference right now and the only tough games left (on paper) are the Chiefs and the Patriots twice, maybe the Raiders too although I'm glad we have them at home. I know I'm biased but I don't see any division or wildcard contender with a definitive advantage over us.

KC, Denver, NE, Steelers should be there. Someone from South has to make it. That leaves one and it ain't us.

We are not winning the East which means we are vying for one of two spots. We are not getting one IMO

What makes you so sure about Denver? Or Pittsburgh for that matter? And you say that leaves one team. Who? It's not us but it's gotta be someone. You know that when you look at the rest of the AFC everyone is at least as inconsistent as us. You can't say we don't have a chance. We have as good a chance as anybody.

What makes you so sure about Denver? Or Pittsburgh for that matter? And you say that leaves one team. Who? It's not us but it's gotta be someone. You know that when you look at the rest of the AFC everyone is at least as inconsistent as us. You can't say we don't have a chance. We have as good a chance as anybody.

Pittsburgh has too much talent and again, someone has to win each division.

Denver, Tennessee and Houston are three teams I see doing better than us because of better QB and offense.

Am I sure, not100% but it is my guess.

The Bills O Sucks!!!! I have a hunch it will continue to for reasons that should be obvious by now.

If we make it, you don't even have to feather the crow much less cook it, I'm eating.

Not sure anymore. Defensively, they have what it takes to make a deep playoff run. It's the offense that's holding them back right now. WR group is all but non existent, defenses are keying on the run and daring the offense to beat them through the air. With Clay out Shady will be the lone receiving target. O'Leary is serviceable at TE to help in the passing game but is not all that good at blocking for the running game. O-line is failing at opening holes to run through and TT is taking too many unnecessary sacks. They can't consistently win like that. Defense does their part but without an offense that can take advantage of what they have there, playoffs are a longshot. And even if they did make it, they'll be one and done

For me the only sure lock is KC. I would agree that the Pats are #2, but their defense is still very suspect and Brady could absolutely hit that wall by December when we play them twice. Even assuming they win the AFC East we have a leg up on Denver. They still have to play the Chiefs twice, Eagles, Patriots, Raiders with Carr, and Redskins. And even assuming Denver is the 1st wildcard the 2nd spot is crazy wide open.

No one can honestly say the Bills have no chance at making the playoffs, not that you said that but that's what some people think. Oakland is in a hole and didn't look that great even when Carr was playing. The whole AFC North is inconsistent and I don't see how more than 1 playoff team comes out of it. The AFC South, same thing. I think you're right that a 9-7 team ends up making it in this year. We only have 1 loss in the conference right now and the only tough games left (on paper) are the Chiefs and the Patriots twice, maybe the Raiders too although I'm glad we have them at home. I know I'm biased but I don't see any division or wildcard contender with a definitive advantage over us.

Yea that slate is tough for Denver and I did not expect them to be good before the season. They have played better than I expected, but could stumble on that schedule. I think they will beat the Raiders though, for the same reasons I now fancy us to.... the Raiders do not like physical teams who want to punch them in the mouth.

I think the Bills are in with a shot, but at the same time I think the road narrowed significantly after Cincy. If we had come out of that game 4-1 and 3-0 in the AFC we would have been in a commanding position with a number of routes to the post-season. I think we have to beat the Buccs and Raiders now to get to 5-2 and 3-1 in the AFC or else I think it becomes a real longshot.

Hello Two Bills Drive posters,

My name is Ryan Talbot. I'm a contributing writer at NewYorkUpstate.com. We're looking to get Bills fans more involved in articles and during the team's bye week, we're asking: Are the Bills a playoff team in 2017? If you want to get involved, simply respond with why you believe the Bills are or are not a playoff contender this season. Just a sentence or two will suffice. We'll use a mix of responses from here and on social media so I can't guarantee that every response will be used, but I hope you'll consider providing your thoughts on this topic.

Yes, I believe they are. Defense is among the best in the league. Offense has struggled, but I believe it will improve as the season progresses. They will keep games close and will have an opportunity to win each and every remaining game. I believe they will win enough of them to make the playoffs.

The Bills are far from a good passing team. They also have "developed" a rather mediocre running game. That recipe won't get you to the playoffs as the defense, on the field much more time than off, will wear down as the season progresses. Those feeling the offense will improve have an unfullfillable wish list. We have little to develop on offense and no other team is going to help us out to any appreciable degree. George Allen liked to say "The future is now." But he likely wouldn't say that about this team.

Yes, I see the Bills getting into the playoffs this year because the AFC is looking weaker every week. Many of the strong teams are having to deal with huge injuries (Texans) that will set them back significantly while the Bills strength seems to be the Defense as a whole, not one single player. McDermott and Beane are engineering this team to be a sum of many good players, not reliant on stars. With looking through the schedules, I see the AFC playoffs including the Patriots (12 Wins), Bills (10 Wins), Chiefs (13 Wins), Broncos (11 Wins), Steelers (11 Wins), and Jaguars (11 Wins).

NE is vulnerable with that crap defense of theirs. They are going to lose some more games. The Bills need to find some production on offense or we could be looking at both NE and Buffalo missing out on the playoffs with Miami squeaking in. If the offense starts clicking, Buffalo absolutely could win the division. People are way too nervous about Brady. He is good but that is seriously one trash defense every week. You can't hide from that.