What do the Bills do to fix this offense?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Keeping Tyrod as the starter doesn't increase the chances if teams already know how to stop him. This offense is very limited in what they can do with Tyrod as the starter. If the OC wants to play his scheme they won't move the ball enough with Tyrod and in my opinion it will decrease the chance of winning or even moving the chains because of his limitations. Starting a young QB that has a quick release plays right into what this OC is trying to use so you would think that would increase the chance at success.

Let's put it this way. Wouldn't you think if the coaches thought that Peterman was better than Tyrod and could do what they want better than Tyrod, that he would be starting instead of Tyrod? I mean, they get to see him practice every day, know him better than anyone in the media or fanbase does. Beating our heads to defend or bash Tyrod is played out and tiring don't you say?

You cant blame this all on TT. How can you complete passes when no one is getting open, or passes are being droppped. TT has his flaws but by no means is this all on him.

Right, 90% is on him. This happened last year and the year before. It seems like everything has to be perfect so TT could help us win. You might as well just not play. Andy Dalton threw 2 picks and still threw for 300 and won the game. What top receiver does Seattle have? Fact is it is not always perfect. TT just can't hang and is making everyone look bad. Doing his job is to throw the ball and worry about getting rid of the ball not " I have no receivers". The receivers could just say I don't have a good QB.

Right, 90% is on him. This happened last year and the year before. It seems like everything has to be perfect so TT could help us win. You might as well just not play. Andy Dalton threw 2 picks and still threw for 300 and won the game. What top receiver does Seattle have? Fact is it is not always perfect. TT just can't hang and is making everyone look bad. Doing his job is to throw the ball and worry about getting rid of the ball not " I have no receivers". The receivers could just say I don't have a good QB.

Jimmy Graham, Doug baldwin, tyler lockett are all better than anything Buffalo has, and Wilson is a better QB. Fact is TT is good enough to take this team to the playoffs. No player on this team is a threat in the passing game. How come Mccoy is only averaging 3.6yds/carry? Where's his blame... TT keeps throwing to his number 1 and zay jones keeps dropping it. Again TT isnt great but hes good enough. Did you see Eli at the end of the game yesterday? He couldnt do anything throwing the ball. Why? Because no one could get open.

Replace Vlad Ducasse with anyone breathing

Activate Brandon Reilly

Bench Tyrod and play Peterman

Make Dennison watch film of our running games last year and copy what Kromer and Co had us doing. Start setting up a new OC for 2018.

This should be a good start

Go Bills!!!!!

Replace Vlad Ducasse with anyone breathing

Activate Brandon Reilly

Bench Tyrod and play Peterman

Make Dennison watch film of our running games last year and copy what Kromer and Co had us doing. Start setting up a new OC for 2018.

This should be a good start

Go Bills!!!!!

if you don't mind, i'd like to squeeze in make someone other than tolbert the 2 back.

Jimmy Graham, Doug baldwin, tyler lockett are all better than anything Buffalo has, and Wilson is a better QB. Fact is TT is good enough to take this team to the playoffs. No player on this team is a threat in the passing game. How come Mccoy is only averaging 3.6yds/carry? Where's his blame... TT keeps throwing to his number 1 and zay jones keeps dropping it. Again TT isnt great but hes good enough. Did you see Eli at the end of the game yesterday? He couldnt do anything throwing the ball. Why? Because no one could get open.

What is Taylor "good enough" for, exactly?

There is no doubt that, with the current injuries, the Bills probably have the worst receiving corps in the league, and one of the worst even with Clay and Matthews.

However, I am not ready to give up on the running game yet, or even the offense as a whole. Look at the opponent yards per play rankings: https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-yards-per-play?date=2017-10-09

The Bills have played the #1, 2, 4, and 6 ranked defenses, and the offense looked pretty good against #18. We have games remaining on the schedule against #26, 27, 28, 30, 31, and 32 x 2.

1. Let's not panic.

2. Put Groy in at RT or bring Mudge in from PS. Dawkins or Glenn still at LT.

3. Promote Reilly up to WR

4. Replace Tolbert with Banyard

5. Tell TT to throw quicker. Can not stand in the pocket.

Good suggestions actually. I'm disappointed in McDermott and Beane for thinking this group of WR's was going to get it done. Shows very bad judgement IMHO.

Ummmmm, no he's not. Otherwise we would have been to the playoffs already. So, really it's not a fact. Its an opinion that you are making based on.....well, I have no idea what your basing it on because you apparently are not watching him play. I would love to know what your seeing in him that would warrant such an opinion because

1. He holds the ball waaaaaaay to long, resulting in sacks.

2. Even when he doesn't "hold on to the ball to long", he gets jittery and pulls it down and takes off before the play develops or even though receivers are open. I have seen this countless times in replay.

3. He is afraid to throw the ball to his WR's unless they are wide open (most of the time)

4. He can't do a hard count for crying out loud

They only thing TT has going for him is his deep ball, but guess what.....he has no one to throw it to deep because all we have are slot receivers.

If I heard correctly, the Bills gained 36 yards on 6 drives in the second half. 32 of those yards were on 1 drive. Meaning Buffalo gained a measley 4 yards on 5 drives! Thats astonishingly bad, and almost not believable. With that being said... where do we go from here to get this fixed?

Hypothetically, if we could trade just the second round pick we acquired for Watkins, back for Watkins or another dynamic WR, should we?

Let Dennison go?

Ride it out and hope for improvements?

Promote from the PS? Reilly or Dupre?

It just baffles me that they changed a running scheme that was #1 in the league last year, totally fit our personnel, and switched to this zone blocking scheme this year. Something needs to be done over the bye week.

Thoughts?

Get better players? They have nothing right now outside of McCoy

They're not going to trade a high draft pick for a receiver, so scratch that.

They're not going to fire Dennison mid-season, so scratch that.

They're just going to have to ride with what they have and evaluate after the season.

Why do you think this ?

If the Bills come out of the bye, look good, win at home vs the Bucs, go to 4-2 why not burn one of the stockpiled picks on a legit #2 WR to make the playoff run ? With the exception of not being able to pressure Dalton for some reason, the D has played at the AFC Championship level.

Would then have:

Matthews

Legit #2 deep threat (ex. Cooks, Ginn, Cobb)

K. Clay

Holmes

Tate

Improved O'Leary

Logan Thomas

C. Clay returning for PO run.

Tyrod can win with that.

If it cost a 2nd rounder, would still have:

2x1st RD

1x2nd RD

2x3rd RD

Just think it's possible for a team without a lot of high picks and is fat on WR like GB and Pats.

Edited by moshermw

1. Let's not panic.

2. Put Groy in at RT or bring Mudge in from PS. Dawkins or Glenn still at LT.

3. Promote Reilly up to WR

4. Replace Tolbert with Banyard

5. Tell TT to throw quicker. Can not stand in the pocket.

Groy is NOT a tackle, he is a guard. This "Madden" philosophy of just put anyone anywhere cause they play fine in the video game and there is no difference there drives me crazy.

This is not Maden, this is the NFL. You simply don't take guards and plug them in at tackle. It doesn't work like that. You might as well just take him and put him on the defensive line, he can't play there either. This is just talking about the technical aspect of playing guard versus tackle, and doesn't even get into the physical differences of guards verse tackles---tackles are typically 6' 4"" to 6' 7"" while guards are 6' 3" or shorter, have shorter arms, are overall less athletic than tackles and don't have the feet to play tackle. Everything is different at tackle than at guard. The reads, the keys, the stances you take on your pass drops, the footwork, your assignment, etc.. are ALL different.

90-95% of the guards in the NFL cannot play tackle and vice versa...I mean they COULD technically but they would be terrible at it. There are precious few players that would be able to play well enough to be in an NFL game at both tackle and guard and the ones who can it's likley because they have continued practicing for years at playing both positions, not just wake up one morning and the coach saying "You are going to be playing tackle from now on" after having only practiced at the interior line positions of guard and center.

To put it another way, as a programmer, it would be like my boss coming up to me one morning and saying "Hey, I need you to go over and work with the network/IT people on databases from now on". I'd be like...uhh...OK...I mean I have a very GENERAL sense of what they do and could probably do some really basic stuff pretty quickly, but they deal with hardware and I deal with software. I mean, we are both dealing with computers but doing totally different things. Is there some overlap? Sure, but not enough so that you could take one person from either department and drop them into a role in the other department without a significant loss of ability. Same thing applies to trying to move a guard to a tackle or a tackle to a guard...they both play on the offensive line and could perform at a basic level, but you would lose a lot of ability---way too much to use that as a viable option in the NFL.

The overall football knowledge on this board really needs to improve, it gets irritating to have to keep seeing these types of things over and over again in multiple threads because people don't actually understand football very well in a technical sense.

Edited by matter2003

Groy is NOT a tackle, he is a guard. This "Madden" philosophy of just put anyone anywhere cause they play fine in the video game and there is no difference there drives me crazy.

This is not Maden, this is the NFL. You simply don't take guards and plug them in at tackle. It doesn't work like that. You might as well just take him and put him on the defensive line, he can't play there either. And this doesn't even get into the physical differences of guards verse tackles---tackles are typically 6' 4"" to 6' 7"" while guards are 6' 3" or shorter, have shorter arms, are overall less athletic than tackles and don't have the feet to play tackle. Everything is different at tackle than at guard. The reads, the keys, the stances you take on your pass drops, the footwork, your assignment, etc.. are ALL different.

90% of the guards in the NFL cannot play tackle and vice versa...I mean they COULD technically but they would be terrible at it. There are precious few players that would be able to play well enough to be in an NFL game at both tackle and guard and it's likley because they have continued practicing for years at playing both positions, not just wake up one morning and the coach saying "You are going tobe playing tackle from now on" after having only practiced at the interior line positions of guard and center.

The overall football knowledge on this board really needs to improve, it gets irritating to ahve to keep seeing these types of things over and over again in multiple threads because people don't actually understand football very well in a technical sense.

But Dawkins was drafted as a guard and moved to Tackle? Also, not to nitpick but Groy is bigger than Dawkins.

giphy.gif

Other than that you're spot on.

Edited by Captain Murica