How many snaps did Dareus get?

Sky Diver

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent point

blame Dareus the Bills Offense couldn't score.

I've replied with some dumb comments in my time here, but this has to be dumber than anything I posted.

Prior to your reply no one even mentioned the offense. This thread started as a Marcell and playing time being the subject, not a word of blame for our offensive woes. Dumb, just dumb! Imo.

Yes go where they talk about sunshine and rainbows. Where they heap their desire onto the team and not reality. There has to be an excuse thread for you somewhere.

Why? It's much more fun to watch people cry like idiots and make irrational claims about a player they know nothing about.

My personal favorite argument is about how he's lazy and out of shape, yet the crybabies cannot point to one play where he didn't give effort. If he's so lazy, I'd like to see proof that he halfassed it on the field. Go on, I'll wait.

It's not because of his play on the field. It's seems like a judgement of something else. Listen, I don't care what a man does in his personal life. If they have him on the team and he's their 2nd best tackle, they should play him.

Right. It kight be cuz he was hurt and their easing them back in.

I dont think its dick swinging by the coaches trying to proove their ethics or anything lile that.

Right. It kight be cuz he was hurt and their easing them back in.

I dont think its dick swinging by the coaches trying to proove their ethics or anything lile that.

I thought it started in the first game? Was he injured then? I don't recall.

The guy has been suspended multiple times by the team and the league and he isn't living up to his big contract. He shows up to camp overweight and out of shape.

There is nothing irrational about the dislike for the guy.

Except he showed up to this camp in the best shape he's been in and his attitude was also solid, according to a guy that knows him pretty well, that being Kyle Williams.

Clearly his being late for the Ravens pre-season game really put a bee in McD's bonnet. And he's seemed to always struggle with leg injuries in some form and that has a huge impact on how a DL plays. I'm wondering if they're just trying to work him back in slowly and not overwork him and cause another injury. He made some good plays yesterday. He was blatantly held on a play where the Bengals picked up a critical first down but eh whatever.

Edited by blacklabel

More than his "competition"

@joebuscaglia

#Bills DT snap percentages vs. Bengals:

Kyle Williams - 77%

Adolphus Washington - 50%

Marcell Dareus - 33%

Cedric Thornton - 23%

nah... adolphus was inactive last week. showcase for trade?

Kinda sacrilegious to say this, but to my eyes Kyle Williams is not playing all that well this season. He's not nearly as disruptive as in the past, and despite a lot of playing time he has very, very few tackles.

you can't argue with production. the defense as a whole has really played well. however not to use Marcell is stupid. He is unblockable in third and long situations. That package they use on third and long, kicking Shaq inside is not working . I am not please with our third and long defense at all this year. Coach need to get over himself and play this guy more. Thornton an and Kyle are both terrible at the point of attack. Coach Merdermitt you have made your point, now is time to play the big guy, who knows you might get more in a trade down the road. Why kill is value to the organization

It's not because of his play on the field. It's seems like a judgement of something else. Listen, I don't care what a man does in his personal life. If they have him on the team and he's their 2nd best tackle, they should play him.

Mcdermott is trying to establish a ceryain level of expectation. Production is secondary. Doing your best is more important. Mcdermott doesnt care about productivity as much as he cares about guys maximizing their potential. A philosophy I happen to agree with. Its why Watkins is gone who interestingly enough did nothing this weekend. As Bill Parcells once said. I want guys who will do the right thing MOST of time. Translation I dont want a guy whose gonna run for 200 yards and fumble it four times on the goal line.

Edited by Billsmovinup

The guy has been suspended multiple times by the team and the league and he isn't living up to his big contract. He shows up to camp overweight and out of shape.

There is nothing irrational about the dislike for the guy.

Does he lose a season for the next positive test, or is that not how it works?

Kinda sacrilegious to say this, but to my eyes Kyle Williams is not playing all that well this season. He's not nearly as disruptive as in the past, and despite a lot of playing time he has very, very few tackles.

If Dareus would lose some weight and get back into peak fitness he could replace Williams at 3 technique when he retires. He wasn't anywhere near this big when he was drafted. At this size, he is basically a 2 down DL and is splitting those reps with Thornton and/or Worthy, so not much playing time and limited impact.

Edited by vincec