Again, how can a switch to Peterman be any worse?

Completely? Not true. TT is as much to blame.

This was one of his 3 worst games per report.

Sorry I dont have the link but Rodak may have reported it.

Enough of the same excuses week after week.

This is a game the Bills should have won.

To be honest Im being kind in my criticism.

I'm sure it was one of his 3 worst games. It further proves my point that Tyrod plays better when better players are on the field... hence completely untrue. This is the worst group of receiving options he has ever had. He plays better when he has better players.

Am I putting it all on them. No. Tyrod sucked too and shares blame. It can be both. I don't think Peterman does any better. The number one QB in the draft is playing like crap in the same situation we have... no one around him, but Peterman is gonna just come in and light it up? Its not an excuse. Its a fact. Having better players on the team make the team better.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because we know Tyrod won't get us anywhere. We don't know what Peterman can do so there is only one way to find out.

It's really that simple.

We're 3-2 with Taylor as our starter and have beaten 2 of the better teams in the league that'll probably end up in the playoffs.

Are you saying we won't make the playoffs with Tyrod Taylor as our starter?

Lukewarm on Peterman.. Although it's not completely true you give Taylor the benefit of the doubt with no weapons - Peterman would probably perform worse. I definitely do question Taylor but baring disaster it's rediculous to want Peterman starting as of now

You don't think there's a middle ground between effusive praise and "he really sucks"?

I mean...come on.

Peterman will be starting by December 10th at the very latest and as early as November 12th.

Wanna make a friendly bet?

Barring injury, of course. :flirt:

We're not talking one game here. Taylor's fatal flaws have been on display for more than two years now.

Taylor's fatal flaw?

The team is WINNING with him at QB more than they're losing.

Helloooooo?!?!

Fair enough but the key factor plain and simple is @ QB.

There are just too many plays left on the field.

11 players on offense

1 incredible RB learning a new outside zone running scheme

1 young TE thrust into a starting role due to injury with a guy who's a former QB playing TE while learning the position behind him

A starting WR corps that consists of 2 guys with ZERO NFL catches combined in the NFL prior to 2017 and a guy primarily known for his special teams ability (pick Holmes or Tate cause both fit the bill)

An OL that clearly can't run or pass block very well with a rookie at LT and an entire right side in shambles

But yeah dude. It's clearly all our QB's fault.

You're taking a pathetic dive with your posting. :doh:

Completely? Not true. TT is as much to blame.

This was one of his 3 worst games per report.

Sorry I dont have the link but Rodak may have reported it.

Enough of the same excuses week after week.

This is a game the Bills should have won.

To be honest Im being kind in my criticism.

Per report?

You mean his report on passer rating?

So... passer rating is acceptable to use when he has a bad game?

But I guess you're going to dismiss his 106.7 passer rating last week?

Or his 126 passer rating the week before against both the 3rd best defense and the 3rd best passing defense in the NFL?

Or that his career passer rating is about the same as league MVP of 2016 Matt Ryan?

Shady, you're name really fits you at this point.

That's not a compliment.

I'd love to see peterman get the start and play, especially since watching Tyrod is torture and would be considered cruel and unusual punishment in most other countries, but I highly doubt the kid is ready.

I forsee peterman staring at the defense like a deer staring into bright oncoming headlights. That means he would be roadkill with this o-line.

Wanna make a friendly bet?

Barring injury, of course. :flirt:

Taylor's fatal flaw?

The team is WINNING with him at QB more than they're losing.

Helloooooo?!?!

Sure, let's bet.

They're winning because of defense and turnovers. The coaches are giving him the opportunity to be an NFL quarterback and so far he's failing the test. Let's see how the next three games go.

I'm sure it was one of his 3 worst games. It further proves my point that Tyrod plays better when better players are on the field... hence completely untrue. This is the worst group of receiving options he has ever had. He plays better when he has better players.

Am I putting it all on them. No. Tyrod sucked too and shares blame. It can be both. I don't think Peterman does any better. The number one QB in the draft is playing like crap in the same situation we have... no one around him, but Peterman is gonna just come in and light it up? Its not an excuse. Its a fact. Having better players on the team make the team better.

The issue as I see it is we need TT to be better w/o "better players". Trust the process, trust your teammates, and for goodness sake avoid a 6 sack game.

He gets "coverage sacks" because he's not willing to let it fly.

7 years in the league 3rd as a starter and he's still gun shy.

Sure, let's bet.

They're winning because of defense and turnovers. The coaches are giving him the opportunity to be an NFL quarterback and so far he's failing the test. Let's see how the next three games go.

nuf said

I would not put any rookie QB behind this OL and receiver corp, it would ruin him .

But it's OK to have your starting QB behind this OL? No? Then the need to fix the OL fixes the deficiencies at QB. No, the QB has played pretty much the same all year so far. Find WR help, that'll fix it. No? We began the season with NFL starters at WR and the passing game was anemic. OK so maybe the defense needs to hold every opponent to 15 points or less. Oh yeah, they're doing that. Then I guess I'm OK with our starting QB being a sack machine who sees half the field, can't throw a WR open, doesn't seem to be capable of running a two minute offense with the game on the line and appears to being risk averse in those situations that call for taking a chance to win a game when we're down by less than a TD.

I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable as the rest of you guys, but I don't see a better to time to fix what's broke than right now.

Per Rodak

After throwing 37 times in Sunday's Bills loss to the Bengals, quarterback Tyrod Taylor now has a 1-11 record in games in which he has thrown at least 30 times is tasked with being a quarterback.

Fixed.

Edited by Gugny

Peterman didn't look like a starting QB to me in preseason. I'm not sure how he's developed since then. For all we know, he's regressed. We just don't know.

I'm of the opinion, we just have to trust the coaches on this one. If they see Peterman is outperforming Tyrod in practice, they'll consider a change.

How can things be worse? Did anyone watch EJ play the other day? We'd be 1-4 or maybe 0-5 with that kind of QB performance. Tyrod may not have made a lot of beautiful plays with his arms in our wins but he did make some great plays with his legs. Things can indeed be worse.