Pass Happy needing 300yrds/game - think again

jahbonas

Tyrod can be improved. In fact, the plan to replace him with an improvement is already in place.

Let's hope we continue to win while he is still here.

Of course he can be improved. If they do improve on the position that would be great. It's still not all his fault that our defense was swiss cheese last year and the year before. Its still not his fault when receivers drop footballs that hit them in both hands. Its still not his fault that some dumb ass gets a holding call on a play that would have resulted in a first down but instead gives us 3rd and 19.

It is however his fault when he misses an open receiver. When he has a bad game... sure blame him. I blame him too. It still doesn't make it all his fault which was my point.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Tyrod is the only reason we have any kind of passing game."

I would love to see a team where the QB isn't the reason for having pass game. What team leads the league in HB option passes?

This is funny because a few people on this board have said the offense is moving in spite of Tyrod for 2 seasons now. I'm pretty sure you were one of them? Now his running game goes away and he loses his top 2 receivers, but it hasn't affected his passing efficiency one bit. He's actually gotten better.

Teams with leads run the ball more.

Getting a lead in every game is hard. Sometimes you have to pass to get back in it.

Thank you. Exactly. This fact is lost on the "stat finders".

There is a real situational "time component" to rushing/passing stats. Rush with a lead to sow up the win. Pass to get back in it. Pass at end of game and 2 min drills and OT where passing at that time juncture is more important than the run etc etc.....

Edited by cba fan

Last season the excuses centered around the defense and Sammy being injured.

This season it's Sammys gone and Zay has dropsies.

For some. For others its Zay drops balls because Tyrod didn't put it in a perfect spot two inches to the left 50 yards away. For some its Tyrod cant play like Tom Brady and win a 40+ point shoot out so obviously he is the worst QB ever.

Weeks ago I said I'd like to see TT throw a couple 300 yard games in a win.

Now 300 is being tossed about as the end all.

What fickle fans we are.

For some. For others its Zay drops balls because Tyrod didn't put it in a perfect spot two inches to the left 50 yards away. For some its Tyrod cant play like Tom Brady and win a 40+ point shoot out so obviously he is the worst QB ever.

Correct for some.

We don't need a Tom Brady unless we face Tom Brady.

Seeing it done removes doubt and is something to be checked ☑️

Off if the list of things he can't do.

Sad part is he even has problems hitting 200 and your putting him at 250 average. Fans want better because they see how other teams QBs hit 300+ in multiple games in a season, a good QB can do it while Tyrod needs a extra quarter to do it, it's why many point to it and want the upgrade.

If we had a 300 QB on this team with this D this team would be unstoppable and dominating teams unlike the close wish for 50+ yard field goals.

....realistically and logically you have to give him some to develop under Dennison....i think he is making progress.... will it continue?...who knows but I sure hope so for the good of the team ...... l also should have said 250 yds would be a more realistic goal versus expecting 300 ....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

A great stat supplied by Rich Gosselin today

There have been 30 individual 300-yard passing games this season. Quarterbacks having those games have a combined record of 16-14. (Listen to WGR complain our wins dont have a 300yrd passer)

There have been 18 100-yard rushing games this season. Running backs having those games have a combined record of 17-1 this season.

Also of Note:

Only two NFL defenses have not allowed a 300-yard passer, a 100-yard receiver or a 100-yard rusher this season – Buffalo and Denver. The Broncos lead the NFL in defense and the Bills rank ninth. Both teams are 3-1.

http://www.talkoffamenetwork.com/sunday-gps-eyes-dallas-packers-visit/

Confirmation bias, also called confirmatory bias or myside bias, is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses.

the coaching staff believes in TT. Thats all that matters for now.

Confirmation bias, also called confirmatory bias or myside bias, is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses.

They are stats. Not opinions.

There have been 30 individual 300-yard passing games this season. Quarterbacks having those games have a combined record of 16-14. (Listen to WGR complain our wins dont have a 300yrd passer)

There have been 18 100-yard rushing games this season. Running backs having those games have a combined record of 17-1 this season.

Also of Note:

Only two NFL defenses have not allowed a 300-yard passer, a 100-yard receiver or a 100-yard rusher this season Buffalo and Denver. The Broncos lead the NFL in defense and the Bills rank ninth. Both teams are 3-1.

Because you run in the 4th with a lead, and pass when behind. It's natural to see those skews because the team with the big lead is feeding the back even if he didn't get them the lead

our defense has been solid but there will be weeks we need to manufacture chunk yardage and multiple scores quickly.

....it's the interpretation that becomes the opinion, keeping in mind they are highly manipulative....first and FOREMOST stat is the "W".......the numbers equated to how you got it are secondary IMO....

Followed by tons of subjective interpretation of the statistics.

This is not physics here, bud.

Edited by Fadingpain

Because you run in the 4th with a lead, and pass when behind. It's natural to see those skews because the team with the big lead is feeding the back even if he didn't get them the lead

our defense has been solid but there will be weeks we need to manufacture chunk yardage and multiple scores quickly.

Tyrod was able to get chunk yardage against the Dolphins last year when we needed it. I don't know how much we can expect from an offense with Zay Jones and Andre Holmes as our top 2 receivers. Kaelin Clay is our sole deep threat. I'm sure Brady and Brees would make it work, besides that I really don't know. Even Rodgers and the Packers offense have been struggling this season because their offensive line is in shambles. So I agree with you that sometimes an offense needs to go into pass-happy mode and score quickly, I just don't think Tyrod is the main thing holding us back from that.

Also of Note:

Only two NFL defenses have not allowed a 300-yard passer, a 100-yard receiver or a 100-yard rusher this season – Buffalo and Denver. The Broncos lead the NFL in defense and the Bills rank ninth. Both teams are 3-1.

Sounds like an arguement for last years offense to me. In fact, we heard this exact thing from Lynn at his PCs.

I have been thinking about the run game for a couple of seasons now. Many offenses have dominant passing attacks and defenses across the league have been built to battle that. Defenders are lighter and faster. That's why guys like Brandon Spikes have become "obsolete". When you see a guy like Richie Incognito getting to the second level and blowing up a LB it is an absolute thing of beauty. Running the ball is once again becoming a trend because offenses have an advantage in size and strength. Using multiple TEs or even an extra OLman is an advantage that puts some serious pressure on a defense. When a defense counters with 8 men in the box, the offense still has an advantage because they can then switch to the pass game when a run is expected.

All across the league, the run has not been respected. When an offense comes along with great blocking schemes to attack with, a defense can be caught flat footed and unprepared.

Misfortune = not being blessed with the ability to tell the difference between FACTS and opinions.

The FACTS displayed contradict the OPINIONS that you need a 300yrd game to win in this league.

Passing effectively is whats key - using a litmus test of a QB Stat that he needs 300yrds - in my Opinion is a misguided Opinion.

Some of you want to keep saying throwing for 300 yards doesnt matter but I can pretty much guarantee that if Tyrod does throw for that many yards, you same people will shove it down everyones throats like it does. Pretty much what you did with the whole middle of the field argument.

Edited by Bangarang

I have been thinking about the run game for a couple of seasons now. Many offenses have dominant passing attacks and defenses across the league have been built to battle that. Defenders are lighter and faster. That's why guys like Brandon Spikes have become "obsolete". When you see a guy like Richie Incognito getting to the second level and blowing up a LB it is an absolute thing of beauty. Running the ball is once again becoming a trend because offenses have an advantage in size and strength. Using multiple TEs or even an extra OLman is an advantage that puts some serious pressure on a defense. When a defense counters with 8 men in the box, the offense still has an advantage because they can then switch to the pass game when a run is expected.

All across the league, the run has not been respected. When an offense comes along with great blocking schemes to attack with, a defense can be caught flat footed and unprepared.

....which is why it MUST become a viable option whenever called upon by Buffalo......Dennison needs to develop TT into a passing threat and there have been decent signs of improvement...if the passing game is only for playing catch up, forget it......it still does NOT preclude Bflo from drafting a QB in the 1st of 2018 IMO.....

This is funny because a few people on this board have said the offense is moving in spite of Tyrod for 2 seasons now. I'm pretty sure you were one of them? Now his running game goes away and he loses his top 2 receivers, but it hasn't affected his passing efficiency one bit. He's actually gotten better.

We're both talking about the 29th ranked offense, yes?