Pass Happy needing 300yrds/game - think again

jahbonas

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we had a 300 QB on this team with this D this team would be unstoppable and dominating teams unlike the close wish for 50+ yard field goals.

Why are you and others so quick to make this proclamation? I am not even a big Tyrod fan but the best part of his game is that he does not turn the ball over much. He is an athletic game manager who sometimes extends drives with his feet and he can throw a pretty long ball. That's his game and as much as we might want there to be more there is'nt.

Yes..offense that was ranked 9th last year but is now playing without Woods & Sammy at WR...and awful pass protection...but ya lets blame QB

.....Train Wrecks defense deserves a chunk of credit......could care less if offense was ranked 25th, get me to the playoffs after 17 years no matter how ugly it has to be.....Dilfer got a ring redefining offensive ugly......

Tyrod was able to get chunk yardage against the Dolphins last year when we needed it. I don't know how much we can expect from an offense with Zay Jones and Andre Holmes as our top 2 receivers. Kaelin Clay is our sole deep threat. I'm sure Brady and Brees would make it work, besides that I really don't know. Even Rodgers and the Packers offense have been struggling this season because their offensive line is in shambles. So I agree with you that sometimes an offense needs to go into pass-happy mode and score quickly, I just don't think Tyrod is the main thing holding us back from that.

It's all a balance. I think it's fair to say he needs more than the top 5-10 guys do and that's not roasting him as a flop. It would be Alex smith like. You can win a lot with him but until he shows he can be in that next tier I think it's fair to question him some still. Tyrods more elite role player than elite centerpiece right now. Maybe when those big moments come up he will consistently step up and prove otherwise.

It's all a balance. I think it's fair to say he needs more than the top 5-10 guys do and that's not roasting him as a flop. It would be Alex smith like. You can win a lot with him but until he shows he can be in that next tier I think it's fair to question him some still. Tyrods more elite role player than elite centerpiece right now. Maybe when those big moments come up he will consistently step up and prove otherwise.

This is all fair. I would never try to say Tyrod is elite or a top 5 QB.

A great stat supplied by Rich Gosselin today

There have been 30 individual 300-yard passing games this season. Quarterbacks having those games have a combined record of 16-14. (Listen to WGR complain our wins dont have a 300yrd passer)

There have been 18 100-yard rushing games this season. Running backs having those games have a combined record of 17-1 this season.

Also of Note:

Only two NFL defenses have not allowed a 300-yard passer, a 100-yard receiver or a 100-yard rusher this season – Buffalo and Denver. The Broncos lead the NFL in defense and the Bills rank ninth. Both teams are 3-1.

http://www.talkoffamenetwork.com/sunday-gps-eyes-dallas-packers-visit/

I wonder what teams records are when passing for less than 200 yards