Is today "Nick Folk Day" in New England?

It's a shame Folk blew so many kicks last night. It would have been great to see the "almighty" Patriots at 2-3. The Patriots were very lucky last night, but one thing is for sure, they are the most vulnerable they've been in many years (I'd say since they last missed the playoffs in 2002).

Edited by Jerry Jabber

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teams seem to implode playing the Pats, especially in primetime games.

But it's very concerning that the Pats defense looked great last night especially on a short week. Winston and Bucs offense is no joke and it was very impressive what Belichik and Patricia did to them so the league better take notice.

But it's very concerning that the Pats defense looked great last night especially on a short week. Winston and Bucs offense is no joke and it was very impressive what Belichik and Patricia did to them so the league better take notice.

On the flip side, their offense wasn't overly impressive either.

The Pats D didn't look great at all. Dropped passes, missed open receivers, and missed kicks made the defensive number look respectable but the plays were there to be made for sure. Especially in the second half.

Pats are still a good team, don't get me wrong. But the D looked average at best.

I was at the game. After each of the kicks in the 4th I thought ok its done NE is going to close the show. These are not the same Pats. I thought the illegal hands to the face was a poor call that took 7 points off the board for the Bucs. Two missed 4th quarter FGs and still Tampa had a chance to win. Ne has a lot of work to do and I think Buffalo takes em this year.

And people talk about Tyrods accuracy. Don't care what the final stat line says, Winston was hot garbage. I know his kicker sucked and his receivers dropped a few passes but he was off target all night missing and overthrowing WIDE OPEN targets. NE's D did not look any better. Martin was running it down their throat for a while. Shady will have a career day against them.

I hope Nick Folk is still with the Bucs when the Bills play them.

Look for Dan Carpenter to be the new TB kicker and EJ Manuel to be the starting Oakland QB when they play the Bills. Book it!

Edited by billsbackto81

Awful performance from the bucs.

I try not to be too hard on Zay and his drops, it seems to plague a lot of the league. Anyone see Cooks' drop in the first quarter? Wide open, right in his chest and it went right through his hands. The bucs TE dropped a very catchable TD late in the game, I believe it led to folk's missed 31 yarder.

Like Peterman said, teams seem to implode against the NE, it's so damn annoying.

And people talk about Tyrods accuracy. Don't care what the final stat line says, Winston was hot garbage. I know his kicker sucked and his receivers dropped a few passes but he was off target all night missing and overthrowing WIDE OPEN targets. NE's D did not look any better. Martin was running it down their throat for a while. Shady will have a career day against them.

Look for Dan Carpenter to be the new TB kicker and EJ Manuel to be the starting Oakland QB when they play the Bills. Book it!

On ESPN’s NFL Live, @Stephania_ESPN reported that Raiders QB Derek Carr has improved and could play as early as next week vs Chargers.

NE D gave up 409 total yards. 319 passing 90 rushing. 26 1st downs. Seems vulnerable to me.

-----------------

What are you talking about? Listen to the press conferences and read some articles. They buttoned everything up and Gilmore was fantastic!! (Sarcasm included)

I would not say great. Their defense was solid most of the game but that seemed to be in part because Tampa was afraid to take shots down field. As soon as they opened things up in the 4th quarter, the defense started softening up and giving chunk plays like they had all year. Tampa SHOULD have won that game last night.

-----------------

What are you talking about? Listen to the press conferences and read some articles. They buttoned everything up and Gilmore was fantastic!! (Sarcasm included)

Did you see Gilmore try and tackle without using his arms again? Joke, an his supposed bounce back night was because the coaches had him play zone.

I thought Winton looked absolutely horrible in that game, like what is all the fuss about with this guy?

I agree with the OP that the Pats have never looked so beatable.

Well, not in the Tom Brady era at least.

I was at the game. After each of the kicks in the 4th I thought ok its done NE is going to close the show. These are not the same Pats. I thought the illegal hands to the face was a poor call that took 7 points off the board for the Bucs. Two missed 4th quarter FGs and still Tampa had a chance to win. Ne has a lot of work to do and I think Buffalo takes em this year.

I'm with you on this!! Time to end the dynasty and put Brady and Billychicks in the grave.

NE D gave up 409 total yards. 319 passing 90 rushing. 26 1st downs. Seems vulnerable to me.

-----------------

I mean - watching the game those numbers seem ridiculously high. They couldn't move the ball until the 4th quarter. Seemed like they were punting constantly, and couldn't convert 3rd downs all game. I still think they lose that game if he makes all 3 FGs btw.... no way the play calling stays as vanilla in Tampa territory if they aren't leading.

Edited by dneveu

It's a shame Folk blew so many kicks last night. It would have been great to see the "almighty" Patriots at 2-3. The Patriots were very lucky last night, but one thing is for sure, they are the most vulnerable they've been in many years (I'd say since they last went 7-9 in 2002).

It looked like 2 average teams playing last night. All in all, I couldn't help feeling that our "tough schedule" is not looking as daunting as we all thought. Mia, Jets, NE, TB, SD and NO all look winnable as does the Oak game , possibly without their QB. The only team that looks better than I thought is NO. Of course, we won't win them all but I no longer have any games on our schedule labeled as a sure loss. KC & NE, both on the road, will be our toughest games. Our ascent, accompanied by the regression of some of our foes, presents at least a little rosier picture. Go Bills.