Cam Newton under fire for comment toward female reporter

YoloinOhio

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said what most men think,except he shouldn't have said it.

He's just not very smart.

He'd be better served to ignore asinine questions from all reporters.

This.

"enjoy the physicality of his routes"

That's just dumb.

Sorry... I am rude too. I never liked Cam, but I like him a little more now. I don't get annoyed easily, but pretentious reporters would get on my nerves. Cam just happened to go down wrong road with a female reporter. Isn't he rude with most reporters that put on an act like they know what they are talking about?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

This.

"enjoy the physicality of his routes"

That's just dumb.

Sorry... I am rude too. I never liked Cam, but I like him a little more now. I don't get annoyed easily, but pretentious reporters would get on my nerves. Cam just happened to go down wrong road with a female reporter. Isn't he rude with most reporters that put on an act like they know what they are talking about?

Yes he is, Barry Bonds-like IMO. Same above it all attitude.

This is definitely sexist, but (regardless of the sportswriter) something really bothers me when reporters force their way to become the story. I'm in Charlotte. She's written like three pieces about it now, her colleague wrote a story about it, she's all over twitter repeating it, walking through the steps of approaching Cam after the conference and walking away while telling him her name that he couldn't remember. Just report sports. All of these reporters get beat up by athletes. Your job is to report about inconsequential sports games, and the majority of the information you gain is platitudes that aren't even relevant.

Cam has the right to say stupid **** and others have the right to rip him for it.

I'll never understand outrage over outrage

But what if I was outraged that you were outraged by outrage over outrage. Would at least understand why I was outraged?

Why is everyone so sensitive now? He's a football player... not the POTUS. Why does it matter?

He isn't the president but he's the face of an NFL franchise. It's embarrassing to the organization when there are multiple female NFL reporters (and refs and coaches) and he acts like it's a joke that one would talk about routes. A reporter who has covered the Panthers for a year. It's a horrible look. And he's young enough that there have always been female sports reporters in his lifetime. This isn't some new phenomenon. Bottom line is that to many people in the industry, it was embarrassing to the team and the league for him to act the way he did in 2017. I don't see it as "sensitive" - I just see it as "current" Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm glad to see life perspective lasts about 2 days. I mean jeez, like 600 people were shot earlier this week and now people are outraged because Cam Newton kind of disrespected a female reporter? Does this really matter?!? seriously, who cares. i can't believe the mainstream news is even talking about it. Sponsors are dropping Cam. The NFL had to issue a statement about it. I'm no Cam fan but this is really ridiculous.