2018 Mock Draft has Bills picking 24 and 32 but...

No QB for the Bills in Trapasso's 2018 Mock Draft. He has Rosen #1 to Cleveland and Rudolph #3 to SF and the only QB's taken in round #1.

He has the Bills taking: #24 Dante Pettis, WR, Washington and #32 Billy Price, OG, Ohio State.

For all the Tyrod haters and tankers, this does not look good.

I can't see Buffalo being able to make a Bears type move to #2 to grab Rudolph. We'd really have to be high on him to mortgage so many picks.

Perhaps the Rams 2nd RD pick will be for a QB but it seems this will be in the late 40's and we'd have to make another move. For 2018 being the year of the QB, it looks like the Bills will get the 4th-6th rated one off the board, if they decide to roll the dice.

My gut says that Peterman and TT battle it out in '18 and we fill the rest of the holes. A WR and G would help as would another LB and DT. We will get better value getting these 4 positions addressed instead of shooting for one and getting a lower ranked prospect.

Anyone has insight into Pettis and Price or who would you take with two picks in the 20's and early 30's

Edited by BillsRdue

No QB for the Bills in Trapasso's 2018 Mock Draft. He has Rosen #1 to Cleveland and Rudolph #3 to SF and the only QB's taken in round #1.

He has the Bills taking: #24 Dante Pettis, WR, Washington and #32 Billy Price, OG, Ohio State.

For all the Tyrod haters and tankers, this does not look good. I can't see Buffalo being able to make a Bears type move to #2 to grab Rudolph. We'd really have to be high on him to mortgage so many picks.

Perhaps the Rams 2nd RD pick will be for a QB but it seems this will be in the late 40's and we'd have to make another move. For 2018 being the year of the QB, it looks like the Bills will get the 4th-6th rated one off the board, if they decide to roll the dice.

My gut says that Peterman and TT battle it out in '18 and we fill the rest of the holes. A WR and G would help as would another LB and DT. We will get better value getting these 4 positions addressed instead of shooting for one and getting a lower ranked prospect.

I've been on the 2018 QB train for a long time. It is definitely possible though that they pass early. I certainly don't think that we see the trade up that we all thought that we would. If the Bills walked out of round 1 with Pettis and Price I think that we'd fee good about it. Courtland Sutton would be my WR of choice but I like Pettis. I love Billy Price. He's been a staple on that Buckeye OL for a long time. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I for one would be happy to not HAVE to draft a QB next year. If we ended up having a couple of viable options at QB we could add a lot of valuable role players with the picks we have without trading up.

Kirby, what would u think if the Bills went EDGE, OG in 1st, then in 2nd went Lamar Jackson and say Josh Allen. You'd have 2 potential QBs, and if they didn't pan out they can transition into WR/TE.

I don't think that they go edge. With Hughes, Lawson and Yarbourgh I think that they are comfortable. OG seems to make sense.

I think that they will take a WR early. The Bills haven't been happy with that group. They overestimated some guys. I think you will see them commit to that group. I wouldn't be surprised if they took 2 in the first 3 rounds.

In terms of QB I don't see them gettin a top, top guy but this draft is deep. They may take someone like Falk in the 2nd. They won't be packaging these assets to move up IMO.

If I had to guess (total guess) the 6 picks in the 1st 3 rounds (without trades) will be something like (WR, OL, QB, LB, CB, WR). Something like that I would think.

My preference has been to pursue a qb. If that doesn't materialize, which I don't think it will, then my preference is to simply select good players and build up the talent level on the roster. What this organization did this past offseason is bring in a number of productive free agent players, such as Hyde and Poyer, who have significantly contributed. The OL needs talent and a playmaker receiver would certainly be an asset. In addition, this team needs an upgrade at the second back position. I wouldn't be adverse to using a high pick on a highly rated back.

My sense is that McDermott is more inclined to bolster the defense and make this good unit into a very good unit to the point that the team's identity revolves around a tough defense.

My preference has been to pursue a qb. If that doesn't materialize, which I don't think it will, then my preference is to simply select good players and build up the talent level on the roster. What this organization did this past offseason is bring in a number of productive free agent players, such as Hyde and Poyer, who have significantly contributed. The OL needs talent and a playmaker receiver would certainly be an asset. In addition, this team needs an upgrade at the second back position. I wouldn't be adverse to using a high pick on a highly rated back.

My sense is that McDermott is more inclined to bolster the defense and make this good unit into a very good unit to the point that the team's identity revolves around a tough defense.

Kareem Hunt was had in the 3rd. Who would have seen this kind of production coming.

Kareem Hunt was had in the 3rd. Who would have seen this kind of production coming.

Hunt has been incredible, but mid-round RBs produce at a high level all the time. For example, the Bears' Tarik Cohen and Jordan Howard were both fifth rounders; I could go on and on. That's why I am unalterably opposed to using a first round draft pick (especially a high one) on a RB. I was hoping the Bills would use a mid-late round pick on a RB in 2017 and I expect them to pick at least one RB, and maybe 2, in 2018. I would love to see them take Royce Freeman, who should be available in round 3 or 4. Edited by mannc

I don't think our two 1st rounders will be high enough to have the ammo get a top QB, which was my original hope. It's a good problem to have with our lick, but I'd sure wish the Chiefs would do the unlikely and find a way to unravel. Every win they get just pisses me off! But no telling who falls to the second or later in that deep group.

For all the Tyrod haters and tankers, this does not look good.

I can't see Buffalo being able to make a Bears type move to #2 to grab Rudolph. We'd really have to be high on him to mortgage so many picks.

Anyone has insight into Pettis and Price or who would you take with two picks in the 20's and early 30's

Unless we go south trading up for QB doesn't make sense this year. If Tyrod can get us through I'm content with him and Peterman. When Darnold rebounds next year then make a run at him then.

I've been on the 2018 QB train for a long time. It is definitely possible though that they pass early. I certainly don't think that we see the trade up that we all thought that we would. If the Bills walked out of round 1 with Pettis and Price I think that we'd fee good about it. Courtland Sutton would be my WR of choice but I like Pettis. I love Billy Price. He's been a staple on that Buckeye OL for a long time.

I saw Sutton tumble in Drafttek rankings, what do you think of this? I've never seen him play.

I for one would be happy to not HAVE to draft a QB next year. If we ended up having a couple of viable options at QB we could add a lot of valuable role players with the picks we have without trading up.

If Alex Smith becomes available, we should be all over that!

The chiefs have a similar deal like we have with Tyrod, maybe Reid will save some money and let him go and goes with Mahomes.

If Faulk is there in the 2nd or if we can make a move up without mortgaging the farm, I'd like to go for it. Faulk, Peterman and Taylor duking it out. If Faulk and Peterman step up, then maybe we can get a good deal on TT and trade him for help at DT, LB, OG or WR.

Do you mean Marshall Faulk? I thought he retired?

There are a plethora of backs that the Bills can get later in draft. Love, Guice, Hill, etc. Wouldn't draft in 1st rd.

Absolutely right. Every year very good good backs are taken in rounds 3-6. Fortunately, McBeane knows this,

At the moment it looks like we will be too good to get an early pick and I really haven't seen one of these kids yet make a persuasive case for trading up. Now it might also be the case that there is a QB worth taking back of the 1st or early 2nd.... but if it really doesn't work out for a QB high I am in favour of trying to punt one of the 1st rounders back into next year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.