2018 Mock Draft has Bills picking 24 and 32 but...

Yep. They definitely know this. The Panthers had Jonathan Stewart and D'Angelo Williams and now McCaffrey. All #1 picks.

Don't forget they used a 2nd this year on a RB/WR. Their 1st 2 picks in the most recent draft.the encouraging thing is that they realized they needed speed and playmaking ability. Edited by Kirby Jackson

No QB for the Bills in Trapasso's 2018 Mock Draft. He has Rosen #1 to Cleveland and Rudolph #3 to SF and the only QB's taken in round #1.

He has the Bills taking: #24 Dante Pettis, WR, Washington and #32 Billy Price, OG, Ohio State.

For all the Tyrod haters and tankers, this does not look good.

I can't see Buffalo being able to make a Bears type move to #2 to grab Rudolph. We'd really have to be high on him to mortgage so many picks.

Perhaps the Rams 2nd RD pick will be for a QB but it seems this will be in the late 40's and we'd have to make another move. For 2018 being the year of the QB, it looks like the Bills will get the 4th-6th rated one off the board, if they decide to roll the dice.

My gut says that Peterman and TT battle it out in '18 and we fill the rest of the holes. A WR and G would help as would another LB and DT. We will get better value getting these 4 positions addressed instead of shooting for one and getting a lower ranked prospect.

Anyone has insight into Pettis and Price or who would you take with two picks in the 20's and early 30's

Yeah I am afraid that the way we F it up is by being good this year and MISS the opportunity to take a QB in the year of the QB. That would be the Billsy thing to do.

As I said already I just don't see Beane trading UP to get a QB because he's into analytics and stats, and those say later rounds are just as successful as 1st round. The 5th year option on 1st rounders might be his only incentive to take a 2nd round QB with a late 1st round pick - say the Chief's pick. So we will likely be getting the runt of the litter. IF there's a R. Wilson or Dak out there in the runts of next year. And Beane is gonna bet on that! I will bet you on that!

Yeah I am afraid that the way we F it up is by being good this year and MISS the opportunity to take a QB in the year of the QB. That would be the Billsy thing to do.

As I said already I just don't see Beane trading UP to get a QB because he's into analytics and stats, and those say later rounds are just as successful as 1st round. The 5th year option on 1st rounders might be his only incentive to take a 2nd round QB with a late 1st round pick - say the Chief's pick. So we will likely be getting the runt of the litter. IF there's a R. Wilson or Dak out there in the runts of next year. And Beane is gonna bet on that! I will bet you on that!

They aren't as successful though. You can find guys always but percentages lean heavily in favor of the 1st rounders (especially top 5 picks). That doesn't mean that every so often a guy like Russell Wilson comes along but that's the exception not the rule.

Don't forget they used a 2nd this year on a RB/WR. Their 1st 2 picks in the most recent draft.the encouraging thing is that they realized they needed speed and playmaking ability.

Are you talking about Beane or the Panthers? Wonder how that thinking affected Beane who was still there for draft.

They aren't as successful though. You can find guys always but percentages lean heavily in favor of the 1st rounders (especially top 5 picks). That doesn't mean that every so often a guy like Russell Wilson comes along but that's the exception not the rule.

People should never use Wilson as an example of anything. His situation was a total aberration that is likely to never happen again. He had a better season in college the year RGB had one of the best seasons in history of college football. Of the 25 things you need to play Qb he was good at 24 of them. The ONLY knock was his height and EVERYONE thought it would affect him substantially in the NFL including the Seahawks. Just a matter of how much it would affect him.

Turns out it didn't. At least not much at all.

So I doubt that sequence of events will ever happen again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.