McD: Dareus in competition with Thornton for starting role

YoloinOhio

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this Dareus Hate. Yes, he does not play up to his incredible talent and potential. Yes, he may be playing hurt. He still is capable of being an asset and a beast on the field. The offenses still are game planning around him. Yes, his contract was a huge mistake by the Bills. But this nonsense about taking a huge cap hit is idiotic.When his contract will allow a trade without a massive cap hit, go ahead and give him another chance to "prove it" with another team. not at a loss though.

And this elevation of McD as some saintly genius. This worship of some nebulous "process" as a miracle cure.

I see McD as a egotistical crusader who has been able to correct the damage done to the defense by another egotistical personality named REX. The Bills D was great before Rex, it has just returned to where it was pre-Rex.

Yes, somebody did great on bringing in Poyer , Hyde. They hit the jackpot on Tre in the draft. They brought in Hauschka in FA. It amazes me that everyone gives McD 100% of the credit for them, but puts down Whaley for other selections. If it turned out good, it was McD, if it turned out bad it was Whaley. Everything that happens that turns out good is because of the "process", while everything that happens bad is Whaley's fault.

The Offense under McD is much worse than when McD was brought in.

McD has not proven anything other than he does not suck as bad as Rex did on the Defensive side of the ball.

Simpleman you nailed it..You should have dropped the mic!!!!

he sold tickets, bottom line, we all drank the Rex koolaid for awhile

No we didn't. I wanted Rex to coach the Jets forever and was horrified when the Bills hired him. He was a complete embarrassment and disaster.

Stop defending Doug Whaley. The guy could not even speak intelligible sentences let alone run a football team. I got a lot of grief on BBMB for speaking out against that ridiculous contract for Dareus who is a waste of talent eating up a huge chunk of the cap.

I call it unethical to ink a contract for services and then screw the payer of said contract by not honoring it.

How is the contract both sides agreed to not being 'honored' by one side enacting it's rights under that contract?

Do you really not understand that every contract of every type has some type of termination clause in it?

Whoever came up with that contract should be taken out back and shot. Maybe they already have been.

No he was promoted.

Screen-Shot-2017-01-02-at-4.15.51-PM-640

As you Fergy he was NOT the one who negotiated the contract but you keep trying to kick the dog when he is out of the yard rather than the one who has moved onto your bed since he is too formidable.

Thanks Whaley for saddling us with this milstone around our necks.

Whaley did not negotiate that contract. Are you in bed with Fergy cross pollinating?

No he was promoted.

As you Fergy he was NOT the one who negotiated the contract but you keep trying to kick the dog when he is out of the yard rather than the one who has moved onto your bed since he is too formidable.

Whaley did not negotiate that contract. Are you in bed with Fergy cross pollinating?

No he didn't negotiate the contract. Whaley is not a lawyer and lawyers negotiate contracts. A GMs job is to tell the lawyer to get a guy signed, manage cap, and set the cash/cap limit on players/positions. This is how it works on most teams.

You could argue that Whaley wasn't given that responsibility either, but to me that's just as bad because Whaley pretty much had no responsibility on the team whatsoever according to all the people riding the Whaley train.

He didn't get his own coach. He drafted guys the coach wanted instead of drafting his own. He didn't manage the cap. He didn't have his own vision of team building instead just went with whatever the coach wanted. What was he here to do again?

Edited by Scott7975

No we didn't. I wanted Rex to coach the Jets forever and was horrified when the Bills hired him. He was a complete embarrassment and disaster.

Stop defending Doug Whaley. The guy could not even speak intelligible sentences let alone run a football team. I got a lot of grief on BBMB for speaking out against that ridiculous contract for Dareus who is a waste of talent eating up a huge chunk of the cap.

Maybe you got deserved grief because Whiley did not negotiate contract, Jim Overdorf did?

Huh?

Whaley out of his own mouth stated he approved the contract and he was the final say in it. Quit trying to re write history.

...yes sir...blame Whaley...blame Overdorf...blame evem Trump or OH-blah blah for NOT knowing what was between he guy's ears once he inked the mega deal......as with Fat Albert, I'm certainly everybody knew both would coast once their wallet was fattened.....think about your asinine assessment of blame......

...yes sir...blame Whaley...blame Overdorf...blame evem Trump or OH-blah blah for NOT knowing what was between he guy's ears once he inked the mega deal......as with Fat Albert, I'm certainly everybody knew both would coast once their wallet was fattened.....think about your asinine assessment of blame......

Its not asinine. He sugned his contract in 15. He had mulriple issues prior to that to include the felony arrest for banned substances, then the car racing gambit.

It was a poor decision to not get the young man under control prior to handing him all that money. Now hes a guy who lets words go in one ear and out the other. Nothing motivates him. He has a poor work ethic, and I am 100% certain that he showed the exact same early signs of this prior to signing the contract that Whaley okd. You might like whaley and stand up for him but there is no denying he made a poor decision to give him thata very bad contract.

You think he says anything about a competition if the question is about Kyle Williams? It clearly meant something. It wasn't just a throwaway line.

He's said it several times about Tyrod....

Also, can we please stop referencing Kyle as some elite level player. He's been pretty average this year.

Also, can we please stop referencing Kyle as some elite level player. He's been pretty average this year.

No one said he's elite.

However, he is good, disciplined and reliable.

MD lacks mightily in the last 2 aforementioned traits.

Not since the season started. He's actually been very clear that Tyrod is the starter for this season. Dareus being mentioned in a competition is a big change. Clearly this regime doesn't believe he is all in.

How is the contract both sides agreed to not being 'honored' by one side enacting it's rights under that contract?

Do you really not understand that every contract of every type has some type of termination clause in it?

I understand the legalese. I also understand the assumption of "good faith" behind contracts.

Apparently you do not.