Fake news on Las Vegas shooting

ALF

It's too bad, really, because the dude is genuinely funny and, like football, I don't watch him to get a lecture. Even if it's a lecture I with which I would agree.

Girls jumping on trampolines. End women's suffrage.

That's where he's at his best.

I'd love to see Kimmel in a debate with his former cohost Adam Corrola

Kimmel Produces Document Showing His is Nation's Highest Moral Authority. :lol:

“Go ahead and zoom in on it,” the host said as he held the paper still for a moment. “Take a good look. And check out those asterisks at the top—this is the real deal. I sincerely hope none of you will question my authority again.”

“So whether I’m holding court about nationalized health care, women’s rights, or gun control: I am right, and only right, all the time. And if you disagree with me, you are wrong and you passionately want people to die,” he added.

He is way more informed than the guy Republican voters made president

Did he toss boxes of band aids to his audience in Vegas today ?

Las Vegas is a city in the dessert, surrounded by sand, big sand, an oceans worth of sand.

Did Vegas screw up our nations budget ?

Edited by frostbitmic

Digital Disaster: Facebook, Google carry fake news on Las Vegas shooting

After the massacre on the Las Vegas Strip, heres what people found on Facebook and Google: The shooter was an anti-Trump liberal who liked Rachel Maddow and MoveOn.org, that the F.B.I. had already linked him to the Islamic State, and that mainstream news organizations were suppressing that he had recently converted to Islam.

All of these gruesome revelations are entirely false, says Kevin Roose in a disturbing column in the New York Times.

"In Googles case, trolls from 4Chan, a notoriously toxic online message board with a vocal far-right contingent, had spent the night scheming about how to pin the shooting on liberals.

One of their discussion threads, in which they wrongly identified the gunman, was picked up by Googles 'top stories' module, and spent hours at the top of the sites search results for that mans name."

"In Facebooks case, an official 'safety check'page for the Las Vegas shooting prominently displayed a post from a site called 'Alt-Right News.' The post incorrectly identified the shooter and described him as a Trump-hating liberal.

In addition, some users saw a story on a 'trending topic' page on Facebook for the shooting that was published by Sputnik, a news agency controlled by the Russian government. The storys headline claimed, incorrectly, that the F.B.I. had linked the shooter with the 'Daesh terror group.'"

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/10/04/digital-disaster-facebook-google-carry-fake-news-on-las-vegas-shooting.html

The same 4chan that exposed the bike lock terrorist in Berkeley?

Of course it does, when you have pre-planted explosives in place to cap off your dastardly conspiracy!

Honestly, this Vegas shooting has some great conspiracies already. The one where the shooter was an FBI agent selling guns to ISIS is fun to watch folks clamor about.

The alleged pics of this guy at anti-Trump rallies seems like weak evidence. But, there is definitely stuff the FBI is holding back, as they do early in most every investigation. At this point, it would be nice for those normalized FBI/White House leaks to occur.

*Video of what is suppose to be his GF in LAX looked crazy, too. Her yelling "Boom" and "4 days America!". But, probably not her. Just conspiracy folks posting stuff on the interwebs.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x633igw

Edited by Paulus

a dastardly conspiracy formulated while choking on a pretzel!

That's just what *they* want you to think. Someone is trying to bring down the pretzel-industrial complex.

The truth is that the dastardly conspiracy was formed while choking on a potato chip.

Being a Rachel Maddow fan is a “gruesome” revelation? I can't argue with the Times on that one.

Wasn't Seth Rich "fake news," too?

No, I'm pretty sure he's actually dead. Shot in the back by a robber who didn't bother to rob him.

Being a Rachel Maddow fan is a “gruesome” revelation? I can't argue with the Times on that one.

No, I'm pretty sure he's actually dead. Shot in the back by a robber who didn't bother to rob him.

That is a story that is just crying out for an honest investigation.