Fake news on Las Vegas shooting

ALF

One thing that makes me very nervous about traveling with my guns... I shoot in competitions around the country and its been normal for me to walk into the hotel lobby with a gun case and check in. Now, I wonder if this will change things.

When I was a kid I shot guns. That thrill didn't follow me into adulthood. How do these competitions work? Shooting for distance, moving targets or just closets to the center?

We're a blame first culture. Might as well get used to it.

And it's your fault.

When I was a kid I shot guns. That thrill didn't follow me into adulthood. How do these competitions work? Shooting for distance, moving targets or just closets to the center?

Whoever hits the most blacks wins.

How do these competitions work? Shooting for distance, moving targets or just closets to the center?

Yes

There are all types of competition.

Look into the Camp Perry civilian matches, 300 yards or more with open sites, very impressive.

It's already on snopes. They believe it was a strobe light in the window. There's another video from 2 hours before the shooting that shows that same flashing light in that same window and a police officer confirms that there is some type of strobe light flashing in a 4th floor window.

Plus, like bdutton said, the windows don't open and it wasn't broken out like the shooter's windows on the 32nd floor.

Edit - here is the link with the video showing that strobe light on the 4th floor hours before the shooting and audio of the police radio talking about that strobe light.

http://www.snopes.com/second-gunman-shoot-fourth-floor-mandalay-bay/

Thanks. I belong to a right-wing Facebook group (just to see what the crazies think about all kinds of topics AND to confuse FB as to my profile) and someone posted it there. It seems to initially coincide with the gunfire, but there is a segment where it does not.

You'd think people would seek out reliable sources and not rely on facebook for their news.

That's why I like to follow different groups. It's amazing what people think and post, from both sides. More important, trying to discern their sources. Nothing worse than someone's post starting with "I heard...."

apparently Jimmy Kimmel is the new conscience and social leader to a majority of people now

It's too bad, really, because the dude is genuinely funny and, like football, I don't watch him to get a lecture. Even if it's a lecture I with which I would agree.

Girls jumping on trampolines. End women's suffrage.

That's where he's at his best.

apparently Jimmy Kimmel is the new conscience and social leader to a majority of people now

Poorly informed comedians commenting on political issues based off raw emotions equals losing part of your audience.