has Jerry Hughes turned over a new leaf?

UB2SF

For the first 4 games of the season, Jerry Hughes has just one penalty. In the past, we could count on him for a penalty at a rate of at least once every two games (8 penalties in 2016, 13 friggin' penalties in 2015, 9 penalties in 2014). He was frequently offsides, and regularly laying dumb shots on QBs after the ball was released. Just Jerry being Jerry, right? This season, I'm not so sure -- he seems focused and playing within his emotions. I really wonder if he's turned over a new leaf. "Trusting the process", perhaps?

For the first 4 games of the season, Jerry Hughes has just one penalty. In the past, we could count on him for a penalty at a rate of at least once every two games (8 penalties in 2016, 13 friggin' penalties in 2015, 9 penalties in 2014). He was frequently offsides, and regularly laying dumb shots on QBs after the ball was released. Just Jerry being Jerry, right? This season, I'm not so sure -- he seems focused and playing within his emotions. I really wonder if he's turned over a new leaf. "Trusting the process", perhaps?

....hard to trust ANYTHING Wrecks was involved in...........those two years wasted are in the top 5 of Buffalo lore as THE worst eras......

Hmmm, Id say no. I'm not sure anyone can define what that even means. Just a gibberish slogan. I'm sure he gets the idea that there is a new regime in town and he's part of the old guard from the previous one. Probably just self preservation. He knows he can't get away with it anymore.

Remember that day/practice when McD ripped into the team for their lack of effort and then the team responded with several altercations and Hughes having to be restrained and Frasier ripping into Hughes?

Then there was the narrative from some Bills fans that McD was losing control of the team?

Good times

Hmmm, Id say no. I'm not sure anyone can define what that even means. Just a gibberish slogan. I'm sure he gets the idea that there is a new regime in town and he's part of the old guard from the previous one. Probably just self preservation. He knows he can't get away with it anymore.

It's not hard to understand. The process is the commitment to doing all you can and then some. McDermott is the maestro. The players play their roles with maximum effort. They put team ahead of self. That alone cuts down on the stupid retaliation penalties Hughes was known for.

I get so angry thinking about Rex. He was the Donald Trump of NFL coaches. All talk and lofty promises, with no tangible results.