Don't go too crazy just yet....

Domdab99

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that Giants game two years ago was disgusting

You're not kidding. My buddy had seasons and I came back for that one. Hot day, ton of Giants fans, OBJ acting the fool and that one broken tackle on the sideline.... ugg

Edited by Buffalo Boy

Haha - I heard this on GR today, and couldn't believe it myself. Where was I??

2 of those 4 wins came against QBs who shouldn't be starting in the NFL. 1 came against a rookie and the other against a beat up Palmer. In retrospect, the quality of wins were proved out over the course of the season.

2 of those 4 wins came against QBs who shouldn't be starting in the NFL. 1 came against a rookie and the other against a beat up Palmer. In retrospect, the quality of wins were proved out over the course of the season.

And this season feels like a sea change throughout the league.

No wonder I don't remember being excited at all. I had thought the last time we had a record even close to that was the 5-2 in 2011.

I know what you're saying. This team feels different. That said, it's about laying the foundations. This team can be a play off team (like Dolphins did) but you need breaks go our way for 7 more games. I won't be unhappy if this team doesn't make the playoffs. As long as they play hard every down no matter the score. As long as they don't make mental mistakes. That's the foundation I'm looking for. And I see it with this team. That's how Raptors turned things around. And I'm starting to see that with this team. Wins will come.

I know what you're saying. This team feels different. That said, it's about laying the foundations. This team can be a play off team (like Dolphins did) but you need breaks go our way for 7 more games. I won't be unhappy if this team doesn't make the playoffs. As long as they play hard every down no matter the score. As long as they don't make mental mistakes. That's the foundation I'm looking for. And I see it with this team. That's how Raptors turned things around. And I'm starting to see that with this team. Wins will come.

Yup, they've been getting breaks and timely turnovers. That can't hold up for the entire season. But they are playing solid fundamental football, and the process that McBeane are talking about is taking hold. This should be a fun team to follow going forward.

We were 4-2 last year? I just feel like that's not right...

Rex has warped my brain.

Yeah, I've been trying to bleach those 2 years from my brain. What an embarrassment. But NEVER have I been so excited about the direction of this team! Edited by CLTbills

Their schedule is about to get a lot easier. Not inconceivable that they win the next six.

I think their last 8 game winning streak was in 1993. That's just from memory but I know they won 8 straight that year. It's not inconceivable , but not exactly realistic either.

And this season feels like a sea change throughout the league.

Not until Tom Brady comes crashing to earth ,it doesn't. The Pats D is putrid but they'll win in shootouts more often than not.

Bills' record since 2011 after the first few games:

2016: 4-2

2015: 3-2

2014: 3-2

2013: 2-2

2012: 3-3

2011: 5-2

I'm loving this..but let's see what they do in Cincinnati...

Agree 100% and I would caution all Bills fans not to get too amped up just yet because the way this team is built we are still a few injuries away from everything changing instantaneously .

So far we've weathered the storm but we could be without a bunch of key players next week against the Bengals especially if this coaching staff don't want to take any chances and get guys healthy with the bye week coming.

Bengals game does concern me more than a little bit because this team might go in there with a big head now that they just won such a huge road game and the Bengals have looked pretty good since they dumped their OC a few weeks ago.

I think their last 8 game winning streak was in 1993. That's just from memory but I know they won 8 straight that year. It's not inconceivable , but not exactly realistic either.

Not until Tom Brady comes crashing to earth ,it doesn't. The Pats D is putrid but they'll win in shootouts more often than not.

Watched the Panthers Patriots.

We have the D to match them, it's the O I'm worried about.

Hate we aren't seeing them soon as they are not that good right now. I don't believe their D remains that bad. They had multiple breakdowns today that you just don't see from them.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

Yeah, that Giants game two years ago was disgusting

funny story about that game. Was there with my wife. I decided to leave early and the whole way we were waking out she just kept asking "are you sure, what if they come back". Deep down I knew they weren't going to win that game.

So as we're walking up to the exit gate we were stopped by security. They held us there for like 1-2 minutes. In the background we hear a play being made and my wife asks me again, "are you really sure?" At that point, from around the corner comes a gold cart. Inside the cart was the Pegulas, Russ Brandon, and Doug Whaley. Even they couldn't stomach watching the rest of the game and left a full quarter early. At that point I told my wife "let's get out of here" and we walked out. I didn't look back for a second as I heard more plays being made and cheers going throughout the stadium, then I heard like 3 straight plays with penalties. One where Hughes kicked a helmet or something too. I was happy I left. At that point I knew I wanted Rex gone.