Ultra conservative play calling at the end

Steptide

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to be Debbie downer today. I'm just as excited as the next guy. But calling those three run plays after the Hyde interception cannot happen weekly. It will end up costing the bills games. They have to be more aggressive at those times. Go bills. Can't believe we're 3-1!

Totally agree

For god's sake, it's not conservative when you have a lead and not the best receiver corps. Also kicking two 50+ yard FGs is the opposite of conservative.

It would have been a much bigger issue if the Falcons came back and won, and they nearly did even without their top two wideouts.

It was my only criticism all game. They were playing not to lose. We won. I'm happy. But that was a pathetic drive. Just glad it didn't bite us.

Go Bills!

For god's sake, it's not conservative when you have a lead and not the best receiver corps. Also kicking two 50+ yard FGs is the opposite of conservative.

Trust the process

Trust the receivers

Anticipate passes

This.

OP must be a foreign refugee who's never seen a game.

You're missing the point. Point is that in future games, running the ball 3 times and getting a 6 point lead isn't always gonna win you games. Yes the bills had some great plays today, but Imo we need to be a bit more aggressive

It would have been a much bigger issue if the Falcons came back and won, and they nearly did even without their top two wideouts.

But....they did NOT.

And we were missing players too.

Lordy, some people just have to whine....

You're missing the point. Point is that in future games, running the ball 3 times and getting a 6 point lead isn't always gonna win you games. Yes the bills had some great plays today, but Imo we need to be a bit more aggressive

You're missing the point. The point is he was conservative THERE because of how the way the game was playing. He hasn't been overly conservative overall in the four games. Conservative would have been punting instead of kicking a 55 yarder. He went for the long FG because he had confidence in his kicker because he just kicked a 55 yarder and had hit ten in a row over fifty AND he had confidence in his defense because they had given up three TDs total in four games. That doesn't at all mean we will need to do that or will do that in future games. He did what he needed to do to win this game.

Here's the point.... NOTHING is always going to win you games. Today we won, so they made the right calls. Try again some game when we lose. We made them burn all their TO's. I'm good with that.

You're missing the point. The point is he was conservative THERE because of how the way the game was playing. He hasn't been overly conservative overall in the four games. Conservative would have been punting instead of kicking a 55 yarder. He went for the long FG because he had confidence in his kicker because he just kicked a 55 yarder and had hit ten in a row over fifty AND he had confidence in his defense because they had given up three TDs total in four games. That doesn't at all mean we will need to do that or will do that in future games. He did what he needed to do to win this game.

Oh, you and all that silly sense you make! Enough already! Some people need to B word about the win over a Super Bowl team.

Here's the point.... NOTHING is always going to win you games. Today we won, so they made the right calls. Try again some game when we lose. We made them burn all their TO's. I'm good with that.

Oh, you and all that silly sense you make! Enough already! Some people need to B word about the win over a Super Bowl team.

I personally think he has a fair point. You are right in saying nothing always wins. But I really think they should have been more aggressive, and not relied on a 55 yard field goal. It worked so I'm happy, but can for sure see them being burned in the future by doing that

I personally think he has a fair point. You are right in saying nothing always wins. But I really think they should have been more aggressive, and not relied on a 55 yard field goal. It worked so I'm happy, but can for sure see them being burned in the future by doing that

What from Sean McDermott makes you think he will always do that?

No point missed. Take the sure 3 and force them to score a TD or lose. THATS what their 4th & 2 confronted them with in the end and they couldn't convert.

It's the definition of conservative without the best WRs etc. just makes it even more of a safe play. The last long FG they truly had no choice but to attempt the kick. A punt to possibly keep a bit of field position was not really a consideration. they needed points and should have been more aggressive trying to get them .