Jordan Matthews Thumb Injury Update: Active vs. TB

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the Sammy trade, he was "better" because he had better numbers, and wasn't "injury prone"! :)

I was not going to read 8 pages, but this was the post I was waiting for........

All the experts explaining why Matthews was better then Watkins and pointing to his durability.

Goff still not looking for Watkins, but anyone catch that hit he made on Gurley's td reception?

This means you Zay Jones.

@JaySkurski

#Bills OC Rick Dennison says "we have guys on the roster that have to step up" when it comes to replacing Jordan Matthews.

@Nick_Wojton

VIDEO: Dennison said he guys already w/the #Bills will need to step up to replace Jordan Matthews: "Guys will earn catches, spots, targets"

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/914934666037202945/pu/vid/1280x720/Ulj5hDtNja9ewZZP.mp4

This means you Zay Jones.

@JaySkurski

#Bills OC Rick Dennison says "we have guys on the roster that have to step up" when it comes to replacing Jordan Matthews.

I think his name just needs to be Zones. That's it. We need him right now to either get in a zone, or in the end zone. And he has shown that he can beat a zone. But he just happens to be zoned out. That must change.

For some reason I think it will click with Zay. That being said, matthews has been a joy to watch, and I'm concerned about this loss. The D and key in on clay and who else is really a threat?

Holmes might be okay as a patchwork. He caught an easy TD. He showed quick reflexes and awareness for a second TD. Yesterday he caught a nice pass over the middle for a first down I think. He has had genuine success in the league before. We had planned on him being the number two before the season started and he didn't have a good preseason but he possesses talent. I'm not sure he can produce but it's possible.

I was not going to read 8 pages, but this was the post I was waiting for........

All the experts explaining why Matthews was better then Watkins and pointing to his durability.

Goff still not looking for Watkins, but anyone catch that hit he made on Gurley's td reception?

Nope, didn't see it. I did notice that on one of his TDs ( to Kupp) Goff had Watkins open in the middle of the end zone and opted for Kupp anyway. Don't know if he didn't see it or what. Eventually he'll get in a comfort zone with SW. Lots of targets on that team and only so many balls to go around I guess.

Bang! http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017100104/2017/REG4/Rams@Cowboys?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2017100104#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000854665&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore

Powell, Streator and Reilly

On the flip side, opposing D's are going double or triple whoever replaces Matthews and leave Zay alone as he can't catch anything.

I was saying yesterday that this whole Zay can't catch thing is a long ruse to get defenses to ignore him, when he will promptly set the NFL on fire.

Also, we can't re-sign Streater.