Stabbing at school in NYC

LeviF

When I was a senior in HS, we always hung out near the student parking lot entrance before home room. My friend, for some reason, always had to bust this one kid's stones every morning on his way into school. The kid had really curly short hair, and my friend called him Brillo-head.

After a while it got old, and we all told him to leave the kid alone. He didn't listen. So there we were one random morning and the kid walks in the door and my buddy says "hey f$&@ you Brillo-head!" Brillo walks over with a large Dunkin Donuts coffee, pulls the top off, and throws scalding hot coffee in my friend's face and runs away.

My friend had some red skin/blisters on his face, but he wasn't seriously injured or disfigured. I'll tell you what though...he never call that kid Brillo-head again.

True story...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course. There are ****ty managers is all walks of life My question is do parents put up with the so what and if so why?

Of the three parties, you need two to be on one page. If the bully (parents) and the administration don't do anything, you're basically on your own.

Nobody !@#$s with the drummer :D

Have you approached the bully or his parents?

Im sorry you and your kid are going through this

He's a guitarist and a bassist now; if he wanted to stop being a musician, he'd try drums. :w00t:

I've done the whole "meet with the parents/bully" thing. It doesn't work.

Kids are fully wired by the time they get to 4th grade. There's no changing them.

These are freshmen in high school. As much as my son acts the part of an adult, this kid is still stuck in la la land. Meeting with him, his parents and/or administration would be fruitless.

My hope is that the more my son ignores him, the more likely this kid will eventually mature AT LEAST to the level of a 12 year old.

My son is in school to learn. And he's trying his best to do just that.

If this kid doesn't stop his schit, either the teachers will step in (they see it every time and do nothing) or my son will reach his breaking point - which will not be nearly as severe as the original story in this thread - but enough to let this kid know that he's been phucking with the wrong dude.

Like I said - I'm not a violent guy by nature and I think most problems can be solve with mature discussion. But that takes two.

Have any of the stories/solutions shared by TBDers of overcoming bullies compared to the 18 year old who was compelled to arm himself with a switchblade to defend against bullying from 15/16 year olds? Scalding coffee comes closest if I assume it was pre-meditated.

I suspect this may have occurred in an environment that few of us are familiar with or can relate to.

Regardless, my personal opinion is that the parent of the bully has the greatest influence over preventing bullying.

Edited by SinceThe70s

My son isn't Mike Tyson, and I'm using hyperbole.

I told him to punch him in the face. If he keeps running his mouth, then hit him again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I have zero shame in giving these instructions. Five years is a long time to put up with that schit.

I may get schit for it but im with you 100%. I agree with your parenting and the way you are handling it. Anyone who says otherwise obviously isnt a parent. I respect you, u are active in your kids life, helping to mold them and you actually give a schit! RESPECT

My daughter was being tormented in school. We moved to a smaller city, we are the minority in said city, my daughter is very smart (and gorgeous, lethal combo) she will be graduating when shes 16 so shes also younger then everyone.

We TRIED to teach her and do the right thing. Got us NO WHERE. I took it to the school, i took it to the police, i requested and got a conference with the school and tge parents. The parents put up a front when face to face, but could here em all talking schit bout me and my daughter. After that I said fug it and told my daughter to beat their azzes next time. Shes very dosile and still refused...

There was a social media incident on FB, she was being ganged up on. My wife got involved and said to stop. They bagan calling my wife very nasty names. I lost my schit, and the "sleeping bully" inside me came out. I flew over to the house of tge biggest bully when the father answered the door I taught his ass a lesson bout bullying and beat the living schit outta him in front of his POS daughter. I HUMILIATED him verbally and physically

My daughter was mildly bullied for another month bout her dad being crazy, her dad lookin like hes a gangster, her dad has prob been in prison, but shortly after it all stopped. 3 years of torment finally over, now thry all wanna be her friend and shes actually kinda popular now

I may get schit for it but im with you 100%. I agree with your parenting and the way you are handling it. Anyone who says otherwise obviously isnt a parent. I respect you, u are active in your kids life, helping to mold them and you actually give a schit! RESPECT

Thank you. And I'm glad it worked out for your daughter.

My niece had a similar problem and my brother handled it the same way I am. Patience, patience, patience, then ... okay, enough is enough.

My niece beat the schit out of her bully. She got suspended. My brother told the principal, "I told you that eventually it would come to this."

She never had a problem after that. She's a freshman in college now, loving life.

This is an interesting thread and I can tell whose kids have been bullied, whose haven't, and who have no !@#$ing idea what they're talking about.

I am glad I didnt divulge any personal children stories. Again, I have two... One 19 year old son and 15 year old daughter.

Can you tell our lives... Piece together all you have ever read (or could understand) from me. Yeah, what a phucked up impossible task I ask of you!

I Hope you say I don't have no !@$&ing idea what I am talking about. As a parent, if that is the case... Then we are doing something right and are immune to this bullying problem we see and hear about that the youth (and even among adults) in society are dealing with.

I may have tipped off your answer with that last paragraph. Still, I would like an honest answer. This is how we learn as parents. This is how we learn to guide children to be productive citizens in society.

Be truthful.

Have any of the stories/solutions shared by TBDers of overcoming bullies compared to the 18 year old who was compelled to arm himself with a switchblade to defend against bullying from 15/16 year olds? Scalding coffee comes closest if I assume it was pre-meditated.

I suspect this may have occurred in an environment that few of us are familiar with or can relate to.

Regardless, my personal opinion is that the parent of the bully has the greatest influence over preventing bullying.

I think it takes a different kind of person to purchase a knife that is designed to kill and then use it to kill someone.

I don't think most people have that in them.

That's the problem with some teachers and administrators. They don't realize the most important part of their job is being a good influence on the kids and putting a stop to BS like this.

It sounds like it has gone on awhile with your son, teach him how to make a few knuckle sandwiches then encourage him to blow his top so he backs this (*^*&%^$^#off of him.

When I was a senior in HS, we always hung out near the student parking lot entrance before home room. My friend, for some reason, always had to bust this one kid's stones every morning on his way into school. The kid had really curly short hair, and my friend called him Brillo-head.

After a while it got old, and we all told him to leave the kid alone. He didn't listen. So there we were one random morning and the kid walks in the door and my buddy says "hey f$&@ you Brillo-head!" Brillo walks over with a large Dunkin Donuts coffee, pulls the top off, and throws scalding hot coffee in my friend's face and runs away.

My friend had some red skin/blisters on his face, but he wasn't seriously injured or disfigured. I'll tell you what though...he never call that kid Brillo-head again.

True story...

Why is the brand of coffee so important? Did it have cream and sugar?

It was the Bronx. Just saying. Who knows why he was really carrying a switchblade.

Maybe he was in the theatre club's fall production of West Side Story.

True story...

I would have have given him a standing ovation.

Did the kid get suspended?

That cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee shall be etched in my memory forever. And yes, cream and sugar.

That shows it wasn't premeditated IMO. Cream and sugar cools it down. It also suggests brillo head was deserving of at least some of the criticism he received. He drank girl coffee.

Do you remember if the cup was paper or styrofoam? If it was styrofoam it could be that he did plan this out because it would have kept the coffee hotter. He could have ordered cream and sugar to deceive the cops in the case of an ensuing investigation or just out of force of habit. If it was paper, that can make the coffee taste better but it also cools faster. Cream, sugar and paper would almost certainly seem to indicate that brillo head wanted to drink that.

He's a guitarist and a bassist now; if he wanted to stop being a musician, he'd try drums. :w00t:

I've done the whole "meet with the parents/bully" thing. It doesn't work.

Kids are fully wired by the time they get to 4th grade. There's no changing them.

These are freshmen in high school. As much as my son acts the part of an adult, this kid is still stuck in la la land. Meeting with him, his parents and/or administration would be fruitless.

My hope is that the more my son ignores him, the more likely this kid will eventually mature AT LEAST to the level of a 12 year old.

My son is in school to learn. And he's trying his best to do just that.

If this kid doesn't stop his schit, either the teachers will step in (they see it every time and do nothing) or my son will reach his breaking point - which will not be nearly as severe as the original story in this thread - but enough to let this kid know that he's been phucking with the wrong dude.

Like I said - I'm not a violent guy by nature and I think most problems can be solve with mature discussion. But that takes two.

Ummmm the you could have any member of the band keel over dead in the middle of a song and the rest of the band can carry on. The drummer dies and the song dies with him. Take out the drum track in any song and you see what happens. :D

And Im not sure what you consider meeting with the bully but I mean confront the little puke. Maybe Im a bit more psychotic than you but Id love to scare the living **** out of him. Tell him if he messes with your son one more time hes going to regret it. And when he does (and he will) leave dead animals on the front yard. Park in front of his house in a clown suit for three days. Follow him to school in a hockey mask and a machete. **** like that. LOL! That actually sound fun. It is almost Halloween after all.

Edited by Chef Jim

Ummmm the you could have any member of the band keel over dead in the middle of a song and the rest of the band can carry on. The drummer dies and the song dies with him. Take out the drum track in any song and you see what happens. :D

And Im not sure what you consider meeting with the bully but I mean confront the little puke. Maybe Im a bit more psychotic than you but Id love to scare the living **** out of him. Tell him if he messes with your son one more time hes going to regret it. And when he does (and he will) leave dead animals on the front yard. Park in front of his house in a clown suit for three days. Follow him to school in a hockey mask and a machete. **** like that. LOL! That actually sound fun. It is almost Halloween after all.

:lol: Gug I will buy your next five 518 lunches if you do some of this stuff and get it on video

I've already been preparing for that. Just need a hockey mask.

:lol: Gug I will buy your next five 518 lunches if you do some of this stuff and get it on video

Ha!! So the next five 518 lunches will be at the Warren County Jail? I wonder if Mead will come.

There is a story about a bullied kid that I said I'd never tell but the criticisms a certain poster in this thread has levied against others make him deserving of a little humble pie. Jack's trombone story had so many parallels that I couldn't help but remember.

There was a bully back in the high school days of one of this threads posters. The bully, named Rory, didn't sound like a real tough guy at first. But when you consider the context of 9th grade home economics class, our poster, who we'll call James to keep him anonymous, was caught in an intimidating hell that no budding culinary artiste should endure. It seemed that every day James walked into home ec ready to learn to use a broom or knit himself a fancy scarf, Rory was there with criticism:

"It's knit one, pearl two you dumbie". "There are still some crumbs over there." "You call that a clean dish?"

James, for his part, kept this bottled up inside a la Brillo head. But when the dessert unit came around, it was all a little too close to home:

"James, you idiot, you don't know the difference between baking powder and baking soda, confectioner's sugar and powdered sugar or even sorbet and sherbet". At first James tried to drink his troubles away but too much vanilla extract will make anyone puke. One time, Rory even went so far as to point out a lack of symmetry in the flames shooting from James' presentation Bananas Foster. As ridiculous as this criticism was, it hurt James. That Foster was impeccable and yet there was Rory, ever present, with harsh words James took to heart. It was at this time, James decided to fight back, but he did so in an unconventional way.

Unfortunately for Rory, the next unit involved mousse. All options were available for the girls, James and Rory. Be original, present it differently, add flare, make it unique. This unit was going to be graded by other students. not the teacher. Names were picked from hats and James generously gave Charlotte's raspberry mouse with chocolate shavings an A- even if he thought it a bit pedestrian. The real kicker though was when James stood in front of the class and gave a heartfelt speech about his love for desserts, his desire to excel and his fervent need to face his fears. The tears welling in the eyes of the girls cascaded like water over Niagara when at the conclusion of his diatribe he asked in public that Rory be the one grade his project.

The girls all cringed when James' brought out his mousse. It was plain. It was vanilla. It had no presentation whatsoever. Rory scoffed. When I heard the story, I thought of this:

Ever confident, James dared Rory to be honest when grading the project. He explained that in any endeavor, resources could be spread across various aspects of the project. Utility, aesthetics, convenience......many factors played roles. James further went one to contend that his mousse was the most unique tasting ever made and that this factor alone would have it grade out as an A++ even with Rory as the sole arbiter. A hush came over the 4th period class as it was nearly at a close. Rory took his spoon and began to partake in the mousse. His expression morphed, from scorn, to confusion, to a smile, to ecstasy and finally.......he wept. He could barely speak but managed to say "A++.....James....I'm so sorry". The girls all clamored for a taste but James blocked them and whisked away the dessert which Rory was too dumbstruck to finish. The bell rang and all the girls followed James to 5th period World Lit begging for his secret. He did not disclose it.

With 5th period free and knowing that Rory just had a study hall, Ms. Gladys let him gather himself. Once composed he made his way out the door and down the hall. Ms. Gladys knew she'd be able to have James share he secret, only with her, the following day. She wasn't a cougar in the classical sense, but James didn't have a lot of options, and none of the girls in class were willing to go that far.....except maybe Karina. Ms. Gladys had to get to him before Karina. That little B word always got her way. Although she was much younger, Karina always seemed to get the best of Ms. Gladys.

As she cleaned up the room, the school marm made a startling discovery lurking in the trash bin behind the chalkboard. It was the fetching image of Lena Kansbod adorning the cover of the 1977 SI swimsuit edition. The cover had been removed from the magazine but it had seemingly been even for James to add the secret ingredient to Rory's dessert. As she sat in her chair and pondered what to do, Ms. Gladys resulting laughter and pose seemed to mimic that of Kansbod on the cover. Not only had Rory, unbeknownst to him, been given quite the comeuppance.....no pun intended....but Karina was about to get one of her own. Ms. Gladys never asked for that recipe.

Now THAT is how you deal with a bully.

There is a story about a bullied kid that I said I'd never tell but the criticisms a certain poster in this thread has levied against others make him deserving of a little humble pie. Jack's trombone story had so many parallels that I couldn't help but remember.

There was a bully back in the high school days of one of this threads posters. The bully, named Rory, didn't sound like a real tough guy at first. But when you consider the context of 9th grade home economics class, our poster, who we'll call James to keep him anonymous, was caught in an intimidating hell that no budding culinary artiste should endure. It seemed that every day James walked into home ec ready to learn to use a broom or knit himself a fancy scarf, Rory was there with criticism:

"It's knit one, pearl two you dumbie". "There are still some crumbs over there." "You call that a clean dish?"

James, for his part, kept this bottled up inside a la Brillo head. But when the dessert unit came around, it was all a little too close to home:

"James, you idiot, you don't know the difference between baking powder and baking soda, confectioner's sugar and powdered sugar or even sorbet and sherbet". At first James tried to drink his troubles away but too much vanilla extract will make anyone puke. One time, Rory even went so far as to point out a lack of symmetry in the flames shooting from James' presentation Bananas Foster. As ridiculous as this criticism was, it hurt James. That Foster was impeccable and yet there was Rory, ever present, with harsh words James took to heart. It was at this time, James decided to fight back, but he did so in an unconventional way.

Unfortunately for Rory, the next unit involved mousse. All options were available for the girls, James and Rory. Be original, present it differently, add flare, make it unique. This unit was going to be graded by other students. not the teacher. Names were picked from hats and James generously gave Charlotte's raspberry mouse with chocolate shavings an A- even if he thought it a bit pedestrian. The real kicker though was when James stood in front of the class and gave a heartfelt speech about his love for desserts, his desire to excel and his fervent need to face his fears. The tears welling in the eyes of the girls cascaded like water over Niagara when at the conclusion of his diatribe he asked in public that Rory be the one grade his project.

The girls all cringed when James' brought out his mousse. It was plain. It was vanilla. It had no presentation whatsoever. Rory scoffed. When I heard the story, I thought of this:

Ever confident, James dared Rory to be honest when grading the project. He explained that in any endeavor, resources could be spread across various aspects of the project. Utility, aesthetics, convenience......many factors played roles. James further went one to contend that his mousse was the most unique tasting ever made and that this factor alone would have it grade out as an A++ even with Rory as the sole arbiter. A hush came over the 4th period class as it was nearly at a close. Rory took his spoon and began to partake in the mousse. His expression morphed, from scorn, to confusion, to a smile, to ecstasy and finally.......he wept. He could barely speak but managed to say "A++.....James....I'm so sorry". The girls all clamored for a taste but James blocked them and whisked away the dessert which Rory was too dumbstruck to finish. The bell rang and all the girls followed James to 5th period World Lit begging for his secret. He did not disclose it.

With 5th period free and knowing that Rory just had a study hall, Ms. Gladys let him gather himself. Once composed he made his way out the door and down the hall. Ms. Gladys knew she'd be able to have James share he secret, only with her, the following day. She wasn't a cougar in the classical sense, but James didn't have a lot of options, and none of the girls in class were willing to go that far.....except maybe Karina. Ms. Gladys had to get to him before Karina. That little B word always got her way. Although she was much younger, Karina always seemed to get the best of Ms. Gladys.

As she cleaned up the room, the school marm made a startling discovery lurking in the trash bin behind the chalkboard. It was the fetching image of Lena Kansbod adorning the cover of the 1977 SI swimsuit edition. The cover had been removed from the magazine but it had seemingly been even for James to add the secret ingredient to Rory's dessert. As she sat in her chair and pondered what to do, Ms. Gladys resulting laughter and pose seemed to mimic that of Kansbod on the cover. Not only had Rory, unbeknownst to him, been given quite the comeuppance.....no pun intended....but Karina was about to get one of her own. Ms. Gladys never asked for that recipe.

Now THAT is how you deal with a bully.

LOL. Rory got the gift that keeps on giving.