Stabbing at school in NYC

LeviF

As a parent of a child who'd been bullied for 5 years straight ... yes. I'm dead serious.

Kids are ass holes because their parents raise them to be ass holes.

No one should have to teach an 18 year old, or any child, to not stab people.

Incidentally, I've been teaching my son to not throw a punch unless he's either been hit, or feels that getting hit is imminent; and to ignore/walk away.

It doesn't work.

So now, I've told him the next kid to !@#$ with him, even if it's just words, to punch him in the face. And to keep punching him in the face until the other kid asks him to stop, or until someone pulls him off.

Good !@#$ing job dad. Teach your son to end up in jail.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay... Maybe dicretion isn't a better part of valor. Let's rethink this.

If the kid gets up and leaves. Then, said other kid flicks pencil @ him and misses. Then first kid stares pencil tosser down. Then pencil tosser stands up and gets in grill of first kid...

...Don't you all conclude that first kid should shiv the MOFO pencil thrower. Yep, he shived

Okay... Maybe dicretion isn't a better part of valor. Let's rethink this.

If the kid gets up and leaves. Then, said other kid flicks pencil @ him and misses. Then first kid stares pencil tosser down. Then pencil tosser stands up and gets in grill of first kid...

...Don't you all conclude that first kid should shiv the MOFO pencil thrower. Yep, he shived

Hell yeah. Don't !@#$in step to him unless you're prepared for what could happen.

As a parent of a child who'd been bullied for 5 years straight ... yes. I'm dead serious.

Incidentally, I've been teaching my son to not throw a punch unless he's either been hit, or feels that getting hit is imminent; and to ignore/walk away.

It doesn't work.

So now, I've told him the next kid to !@#$ with him, even if it's just words, to punch him in the face. And to keep punching him in the face until the other kid asks him to stop, or until someone pulls him off.

Send him to a Brazilian jiu jitsu school. Tie the guy up and you don't have to punch.

BJJ is extremely effective....extremely.

So teaching your kid to be the adult in the room and say "whatever" and walk away is not an option here?

Honestly? No. Stabbing shouldn't be either but like I said upthread, if someone taught the kid how to fight that definitely would be.

Send him to a Brazilian jiu jitsu school. Tie the guy up and you don't have to punch.

BJJ is extremely effective....extremely.

This. Bullying is hard when you have torn ligaments in your shoulder.

So teaching your kid to be the adult in the room and say "whatever" and walk away is not an option here?

If you'd read what I wrote, you'd see that my son has been instructed to be the adult in the room/walk away for years.

Here's the results:

Two times, he's been cold-cocked from behind, with the other kid hitting him in the face, then running away.

Another time, a kid ... again, in motion, pushed his head into a wall ... then continued to run away.

All year long .. select kids talk constant schit to him, then say, "what are you gonna do, p u ss y?" And he was the adult in the room and walked away.

Guess how middle school onlookers view that .... yup, my son's the p us sy.

Guess what bullies do with that ... they don't !@#$ing stop.

So yes ... I am teaching my 14-year-old son to beat the ever living schit out of someone else's 14 year old son. And yes - I am instructing him to beat the little bastard bloody.

And yes ... I am one hell of a great dad. That's one thing I know with certainty.

If you'd read what I wrote, you'd see that my son has been instructed to be the adult in the room/walk away for years.

Here's the results:

Two times, he's been cold-cocked from behind, with the other kid hitting him in the face, then running away.

Another time, a kid ... again, in motion, pushed his head into a wall ... then continued to run away.

All year long .. select kids talk constant schit to him, then say, "what are you gonna do, p u ss y?" And he was the adult in the room and walked away.

Guess how middle school onlookers view that .... yup, my son's the p us sy.

Guess what bullies do with that ... they don't !@#$ing stop.

So yes ... I am teaching my 14-year-old son to beat the ever living schit out of someone else's 14 year old son. And yes - I am instructing him to beat the little bastard bloody.

And yes ... I am one hell of a great dad. That's one thing I know with certainty.

No great dad's don't instruct their kids to potentially beat someone to death because they called them a name. Defending themselves in one thing but telling your kid it's ok to commit assault because they were called a name is asinine. Hope you have a bail bond fund set up for him.

It doesn't work.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying to a certain extent. But there are a lot of a$$hole kids out there with good parents just like there are a lot of good kids out there with terrible parents. I think parenting plays a huge role in shaping kids but I don't think it's the always the deciding factor. It's the whole nature versus nurture argument.

As far as raising kids go I'm teaching mine to stand up for themselves if somebody throws a stone I tell them to throw a boulder back. Bullies prey on the weak. As soon as they find out somebody will stand up for themselves they'll move on to the next person who won't for Better or worse.

The kid did walk away, he was walking out of the room. The other kid that got stabbed got up and stepped into him. That's when he stabbed him.

Fling the pencil, stay seated when the kid stares him down... Don't get up and get in his grill.

That's How You Get Shived in The Bronx: 101

That's how I read the details of the incident. It should play a part in how much time he serves.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

No great dad's don't instruct their kids to potentially beat someone to death because they called them a name. Defending themselves in one thing but telling your kid it's ok to commit assault because they were called a name is asinine. Hope you have a bail bond fund set up for him.

My son isn't Mike Tyson, and I'm using hyperbole.

I told him to punch him in the face. If he keeps running his mouth, then hit him again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I have zero shame in giving these instructions. Five years is a long time to put up with that schit.

The kid did walk away, he was walking out of the room. The other kid that got stabbed got up and stepped into him. That's when he stabbed him.

Oh well then I guess the murder was justified.

My son isn't Mike Tyson, and I'm using hyperbole.

I told him to punch him in the face. If he keeps running his mouth, then hit him again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I have zero shame in giving these instructions. Five years is a long time to put up with that schit.

So once again you're advocating assault against a kid who's calling your kid names. I have a huge problem with that. Is this happening at school? If so how about having the school admins grow a set and put the bully in his place. Nothing scares a kid more than an adult authority figure who goes ape **** in their face but doesn't touch them. How about you have a word with the bully. Or are you scared of the big bully too? :D

There's better ways to deal with bullies. I was bullied in school growing up by a guy who was a lot bigger than me. I didn't stand chance in a fight with him. So I got creative.

This guy was so arrogant that he didn't put a lock on his door because he was so sure that nobody would touch his stuff. Well I did. At the end of the year he ended up having to pay for some missing books.

Its all water under the bridge, at least to me.

Oh well then I guess the murder was justified.

So once again you're advocating assault against a kid who's calling your kid names. I have a huge problem with that. Is this happening at school? If so how about having the school admins grow a set and put the bully in his place. Nothing scares a kid more than an adult authority figure who goes ape **** in their face but doesn't touch them. How about you have a word with the bully. Or are you scared of the big bully too? :D

There are so many examples of reported bullying that go unaddressed by school administrators. Sometimes relying on the chain of command isn't a viable option.

There are so many examples of reported bullying that go unaddressed by school administrators. Sometimes relying on the chain of command isn't a viable option.

Not a viable option? Well that's some !@#$ed up **** right there. If I were a parent and my child was bullied at school and the school did nothing I'd be all over the administrations ass until they did something.