Kyle Orton on the Wall of Fame...yes or no?

BringBackFergy

Is he Jim Kelly? No, of course not. But he's the best damn QB this side of Flutie that we've had. I was nine years old when the Bills last made the playoffs. Fifteen when Bledsoe and Friends lost to the Steelers backups. Kyle Orton gave me the most exciting Bills season of my adult life.

Yet another reason. Thanks TRBJ. I see the response thus far as 70/30 in favor of Orton on The Wall.

Is he Jim Kelly? No, of course not. But he's the best damn QB this side of Flutie that we've had. I was nine years old when the Bills last made the playoffs. Fifteen when Bledsoe and Friends lost to the Steelers backups. Kyle Orton gave me the most exciting Bills season of my adult life.

Well put TRBJ!

A true dwarf in a sea of midgets.

I mean I'm not that old but I still remember that game that year against the Jets in NJ. Kyle threw for 4TD passes that day and Mike Francesca said he threw for 9000 yards.

We trashed the Jets and Rex that day. Still one of the top 5 happiest Bills games I can remember. Kyle definitely had it going on

....suggest sending out a ballot to EVERY former Bill for their vote......as of twelve minutes ago, Vegas said the over/under on ballots returned is 1.5......Orton's mother and 1/2 brother so noted...

Sad that you castigate the very man who made Bills football relevant in the last 15 years.
If Orton had that kind of o line wed have made the playoffs. Then again, he has three inches on TT.

Why not, this team always seems to celebrate the mediocre along with many of the fans.

9-7 with 4000 extrapolated yards is mediocre?? Damn, does anything make you happy? Like Another Fan said above, those were good times in Bills football history.

What's so funny?

Kelly's on there after winning ... oh, I don't know ... NOTHING.

And Orton's the best QB we've had since Kelly quit on the team.

Just because all the QB's we've had recently have been bad doesn't mean we should put the best of the bad QB's on the wall. He wasn't even good. Mediocre at best. The #4 defense carried that team to 9 wins, not Orton. And since when did Kelley win "nothing"? I've been watching the Bills since 1960 and I can assure you that we've had several better QB's who aren't up there like Flutie, Ferguson, Kemp, Lamonica, Bledsoe and Shaw were all better. Maybe some of those guys are already on the wall, though. Tyrod may be better too. That's debatable, but not out of the question. Besides, Orton only played 1 season here. Let's put Chris Spielman up there first or any number of guys from the best D ever to take the field for an AFL team and gave us back to back championships, including a 23-0 drubbing of the league's best offense in 1965. I can think of a LOT of former Bills who are more deserving.

Edited by GreggTX

Just because all the QB's we've had recently have been bad doesn't mean we should put the best of the bad QB's on the wall. He wasn't even good. Mediocre at best. The #4 defense carried that team to 9 wins, not Orton. And since when did Kelley win "nothing"? I've been watching the Bills since 1960 and I can assure you that we've had several better QB's who aren't up there like Flutie, Ferguson, Kemp, Lamonica, Bledsoe and Shaw were all better. Maybe some of those guys are already on the wall, though. Tyrod may be better too. That's debatable, but not out of the question. Besides, Orton only played 1 season here. Let's put Chris Spielman up there first or any number of guys from the best D ever to take the field for an AFL team and gave us back to back championships, including a 23-0 drubbing of the league's best offense in 1965. I can think of a LOT of former Bills who are more deserving.

Cookie Gilchrist only played 4 seasons and he's up there. So what's your point??????

Only two things come from Texas Gregg. Which one are you?