SB Nation: The Patriots have three fatal flaws this season

YoloinOhio

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should the game winning TD catch by Cooks against HOU been overturned?

SlimBronzeLamb-max-14mb.gif

Yeah absolutely what I thought and expected when it happened. Could not believe how swept up the announcers (and maybe the refs) were by the prospect of another spectacular end game signed Tom Brady. If memory serves I think the network only showed this angle replay once and the others where you didnt see the ball come out and Cooks landing on top of it over and over. Edited by starrymessenger

Every year for the last 5 years this article is written, and every year they win 12+ games.

^^^

I remember all the " expert" claiming it was the end after the KC game in 2014...that finally, the code was cracked on how to beat Brady and Belichick...since then, 3 AFC Championship game appearance and 2 SB win....they way Brady is playing so far, they will be tough come November and December....

I've been fooled by their slow start too many times....I'd be willing to beat $ that they'll be in their 7th straight AFCC game this year.....

Beat me to it....why do we put ourselves through this year after year.....

I remember the debate about whether Brady was "done" back in 2002 after the Pats won the SB and then missed the playoffs the next year. That was the last time they didn't win the AFCE except for 2008 when Brady was knocked out for the year in the first game of the season, and Miami snuck in with a tie breaker.

Sorry, but I'll believe the Pats are on the decline when they don't win the AFCE ... just as I'll believe the Bills will make the playoffs when they actually do. I've been disappointed too many times to base the entire season on 3 games ... or even 6.

Should the game winning TD catch by Cooks against HOU been overturned?

SlimBronzeLamb-max-14mb.gif

such a small example. my question would be was the right foot ever on the ground before/during the catch? if not, then I see only the left foot touch in bounds. therefore, the patsies got what they always have gotton.

the calls/flags go their way, even with such evidence in the gif.

such a small example. my question would be was the right foot ever on the ground before/during the catch? if not, then I see only the left foot touch in bounds. therefore, the patsies got what they always have gotton.

the calls/flags go their way, even with such evidence in the gif.

All true, but that was some absolutely pathetic defense by the Texans on that drive, and on that play in particular. They deserved to lose.

Pats-Texans is on NFLN right now. Pats have zero pass rush. Gilmore DPI trying to defend Hopkins. But their offense looks just fine.

Greg B. did the weekly breakdown on the Sports Hub yesterday and he said Gilmore was 10 yards behind on some coverage and he always looks disinterested. If I wasn't at work I would have called in.

There yah GO! That's your new CB!

I remember all the " expert" claiming it was the end after the KC game in 2014...that finally, the code was cracked on how to beat Brady and Belichick...since then, 3 AFC Championship game appearance and 2 SB win....they way Brady is playing so far, they will be tough come November and December....

I've been fooled by their slow start too many times....I'd be willing to beat $ that they'll be in their 7th straight AFCC game this year.....

Beat me to it....why do we put ourselves through this year after year.....

I'll take that bet. Name the terms.

Pats defense is trash so far but I'm still not betting against Belichik and Brady in terms keeping this team afloat and figuring out how to make enough adjustments to stop the leaking on defense and at least make marginal improvements as the season goes on.

If the Pats lose to Bucs on Thursday then maybe it's truly time to start talking about their demise and we'd certainly be sitting pretty with a win over the Bengals in that scenario.