McD Admits Hard To Watch Sammy Dominate

OldTimeAFLGuy

.....um, a little late now Coach, isn't it?......clap...clap...clap....clap.............

Bills coach admits Sammy Watkins’ dominant game was ‘hard to watch’

Cameron DaSilva

3 hrs ago

Through two weeks with the Rams, Sammy Watkins struggled to make a noticeable impact. He had just seven catches for 88 yards and had yet to find the end zone.

That changed on Thursday night against the 49ers. He caught six passes for 106 yards and two touchdowns, doing everything from hauling in deep passes to fighting through defenders en route to the end zone.

It was by far his best performance with the Rams, and probably his top game since the start of 2016. The Bills were undoubtedly watching him and Robert Woods dominate the 49ers, likely thinking they should have kept at least one of the two this offseason.

For Bills head coach Sean McDermott, he admits it's hard to watch Watkins succeed like that.

"Believe me, I get it," he said, via Mike Rodak of ESPN. "That's hard to watch from a fan's perspective, and at times from a coach's perspective."

The Bills have overhauled their receiving corps this season, bringing in guys like Zay Jones and Jordan Matthews. McDermott is confident in both players, as well as the team's other receivers, but there's no doubt the Bills' offense would look different with Watkins in the mix.

Still, McDermott is happy for Watkins and is glad to see him having success in L.A.

"I'm happy for him; I'm really happy for him," McDermott said, referring to Watkins. "You develop relationships with guys, and I'm happy for him. That said, I'm focused on our team, but I'm happy for Sammy and the other guys [who] went on to have big nights [on Thursday]."

With Watkins and Woods firing on all cylinders, the Rams look like a legitimately dangerous offense in the NFC West.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think this wasn't something they anticipated? Clearly Sammy isn't some bum, the guy has some talent to work with!

They moved him because he wasn't a part of their plan. Now, you can debate the merits of that, but I think it's obvious McD and Beane feel like he'll equal wins or be worth the investment of a big contract. That 2nd rounder will go to a different position that means more to their football team.

Do you think this wasn't something they anticipated? Clearly Sammy isn't some bum, the guy has some talent to work with!

They moved him because he wasn't a part of their plan. Now, you can debate the merits of that, but I think it's obvious McD and Beane feel like he'll equal wins or be worth the investment of a big contract. That 2nd rounder will go to a different position that means more to their football team.

....OF COURSE it was......keep in mind their COMBINED week 1 stats were 8REC for 101 yds and week 2 were 3 REC for 38 yds......and conveniently omitted.....kind of cheap to NOW seek out McD after they both perform well and rub his nose in it....the Rams are NOW an offensive juggernaut, right?.....hope BOTH of these kids succeed........them being gone is an unfortunate part of this business IMO............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Yes trust the process, it will be all worth it after we use the ammo we have accumulated to draft our Franchize QB and a weapon for him.

....POSITIONALLY, I cannot remember in the last 55 years of following this club where we were even close to the 2018 slate.....two 1sts, two 2nds and two 3rds?......of course the draft is NOT an exact science and NEVER will be....but Pegula opened the checkbook WIDE for Beane to bring in an army of former Player Personnel Directors and VP's on his staff...of course the "pundits" will say nobody else wanted to hire any of them (COUGH).....so this army had better get it right or as close as possible........stay tuned...........

You mean 3rd round pick