TNF: Rams vs. 49ers at 8:25 PM ET on NFLN

26CornerBlitz

Maybe this is what I'm getting at. They don't want to invest in the position and are willin to take on less talent for cheaper because they don't view it as worth it. The Darby trade was about the pick. Kaelin Clay is a former panther, familiar guy, no? Yes, they did move up for Zay. But he is no Watkins. They'd rather have a cheaper, average WR than an expensive elite player at WR.

Feels like they are looking at the Lions losing Calvin Johnson after a 7-9 season and getting Golden Tate and Marvin Jones, getting to the playoffs at 9-7.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You never trade a dollar for 4 quarters in sports. That's what the Bills did. You don't trade Paul George for Victor Oladipo & Damontas Sabonis. You build around the elite talents. That's what every winning team does. They all have stars. That's the case in every sport. Sammy and Shady could have been one of the best duos in the league.

Wavering.

I've said, all along, that Bob Woods was the best receiver on the Bills. Sam might have more raw talent. But Woods is more durable, more dependable, more dedicated and more selfless. And that makes him better, IMO.

And I think the Rams agree.

Agree with all of this. I always liked Woods and wish we could have kept him. But not at that contract, and not in a rebuild year.

I have to think they just didn't trust the reliability, because that's the only way it makes sense. (Unless there's stuff we just don't know, which is of course likely.)

Thats the risk. I've heard he wasn't the most popular guy there. I don't care though. Make it work!! Barry Bonds might be the least popular athlete ever. He won like 7 MVPs. Edited by Kirby Jackson

You never trade a dollar for 4 quarters in sports. That's what the Bills did. You don't trade Paul George for Victor Oladipo & Damontas Sabonis. You build around the elite talents. That's what every winning team does. They all have stars. That's the case in every sport. Sammy and Shady could have been one of the best duos in the league.

I agree.

I think it was the right call for McVay. the 49ers will turn the ball over again. Keep putting points on the board if you're the Rams.

It was the wrong call, and the numbers say it's not close. And it will probably come back to bite the Rams. They could have put the game away, or at worst, back the 49ers up to their own 1 yard line down by 11. It was a complete fail by a coach who should know better.

Sammy on the Bills this year looks like Sammy on the Bills every other year.

No change. Not sure why people think it would change because he's making some plays on a better offense.

It's not 1:1

When Sammy was healthy he performed as a top 5-7 WR in the NFL..not sure why you're boohooing his performance here..problem is his missed games..that's it.