Bills W & Taylor >200 yards- a fun TBD bet this gloomy week

Damn I called it right - squeaked over 200 yards passing and under 200 net passing - pretty much exactly what I expected.

TT made some nice plays - still late on throws, but he made plays.

Many of the plays he made this week - were available last week - today he made the throws and last week he didn't.

The perfect example was the TD to Clay late across the middle to the wide open guys and last week he had that throw to O'Leary and tried to fit it in to a tightly covered FB.

206 yards in the game on passing plays.

213 yards passing

-16 yards sacks

9 yards in scrambles

That would have been the exception for me if you joined in on condition of NET passing yards. Scrambles must also be included since it's yards gained on passing plays in the same way sacks are yards lost in the passing game.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

206 yards in the game on passing plays.

213 yards passing

-16 yards sacks

9 yards in scrambles

That would have been the exception for me if you joined in on condition of NET passing yards. Scrambles must also be included since it's yards gained on passing plays in the same way sacks are yards lost in the passing game.

Go and read from the official stats net passing yards - it was 193 - that was the only reason I asked because I figured he would be close and have sacks.

The NFL does not include scrambles in net passing yards - sorry.

Are you watching other teams around the league? Hard to say Tyrod is any less consistent than all but the top 10 or so guys.

I've said this before - Tyrod's hesitancy to throw contested balls is a blessing as much as it is a curse. Turnovers decided the game today (they decide a lot of games). If you take the safe throw and take what the defense gives you, you will win the game if your defense holds up their side of the bargain. Siemian made "gutsier" throws today and that's why he lost.

Yeah I am watching a lot of games - your point being that we should not want a guy with more consistency. Yes there is a lot of bad QBing around the league including in Buffalo - teams should always be looking to get better.

This is what makes TT so difficult- if he was consistent like this week - more people would trust him and if he was consistent like last week - we could easily move on, but he is inconsistent and shows one week he understands what they are looking for and one week he doesn't.

Go and read from the official stats net passing yards - it was 193 - that was the only reason I asked because I figured he would be close and have sacks.

The NFL does not include scrambles in net passing yards - sorry.

I know what the stats say. But I never would have done it with those stats because it makes no sense to not include scrambles and not passing yards. And it's funny because it also looks like the NFL is including -3 yards for each of Taylor's 3 -1 yard kneel downs to end the game.

Regardless, Taylor was over 200 total passing yards and also over 200 yards gained in total on designed passing plays.

And most importantly, we won!

Great game. Stoked to be on the losing end of this bet!

My takeaways:

1. Professional win. Drive for the FG at halftime was something Bills of previous season's wouldn't/couldn't have done. Speaks to solid coaching re: situational football and getting player buy-in. Great to see. Some lucky bounces and fortunate calls, but we've seen too many go the other way...not apologizing for those at all.

2. Good example of the ceiling/floor debate at the QB spot between Taylor and Siemian, and Taylor made his case convincingly today. Effective scrambling, terrific ball security as per usual, and an awareness of down/distance that I haven't seen from him before. 9/10 type of day for him, one that we know he's capable of. Then, on the other hand, you have Siemian...who after looking like one of the best QBs in the league through two games completely lost his composure and threw the game away. He looked absolutely baffled when forced to leave the pocket, it was like watching Taylor in reverse, who was decisive, prudent, and most importantly effective when escaping pressure...everything Siemian was not. Just completely lost outside the tackles. A bizarre game from their QB, probably leaving a bunch of Broncos fans questioning whether this was a blip in his development or a sign of things to come, which brings me to

3. Defense. Last week I took exception to the 'bend don't break' appellation, as I thought they didn't do either against an admittedly inferior Carolina offense. Today they earned the title, and that's not a slight at all against a POTENT rushing offense and a guy in Siemian who, again, looked more than halfway decent through two weeks. A few rookie mistakes in coverage, some poor angles with the Charles TD run immediately coming to mind, but overall terrific at making plays at important junctures. Washington stood out, Lawson appears to be coming along nicely. Thought Thornton showed a good motor when he got in. A foundational game. Definitely something to build on going forward. Awesome.

4. Haushcka. Or however you spell it. Nice kicking dude.

Edited by GoBills808

Great game. Stoked to be on the losing end of this bet!

My takeaways:

1. Professional win. Drive for the FG at halftime was something Bills of previous season's wouldn't/couldn't have done. Speaks to solid coaching re: situational football and getting player buy-in. Great to see. Some lucky bounces and fortunate calls, but we've seen too many go the other way...not apologizing for those at all.

2. Good example of the ceiling/floor debate at the QB spot between Taylor and Siemian, and Taylor made his case convincingly today. Effective scrambling, terrific ball security as per usual, and an awareness of down/distance that I haven't seen from him before. 9/10 type of day for him, one that we know he's capable of. Then, on the other hand, you have Siemian...who after looking like one of the best QBs in the league through two games completely lost his composure and threw the game away. He looked absolutely baffled when forced to leave the pocket, it was like watching Taylor in reverse, who was decisive, prudent, and most importantly effective when escaping pressure...everything Siemian was not. Just completely lost outside the tackles. A bizarre game from their QB, probably leaving a bunch of Broncos fans questioning whether this was a blip in his development or a sign of things to come, which brings me to

3. Defense. Last week I took exception to the 'bend don't break' appellation, as I thought they didn't do either against an admittedly inferior Carolina offense. Today they earned the title, and that's not a slight at all against a POTENT rushing offense and a guy in Siemian who, again, looked more than halfway decent through two weeks. A few rookie mistakes in coverage, some poor angles with the Charles TD run immediately coming to mind, but overall terrific at making plays at important junctures. Washington stood out, Lawson appears to be coming along nicely. Thought Thornton showed a good motor when he got in. A foundational game. Definitely something to build on going forward. Awesome.

4. Haushcka. Or however you spell it. Nice kicking dude.

Stoked indeed!

3-2 at the bye is a real possibility with this team and I don't know how many would have actually predicted that. :thumbsup:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Horsey fans at delusional. The officials are out to get them, it was "a classic trap game", and the early game on the east coast was their downfall. Oh and next week is the real test as they will be facing a real offense from the Raiders, not the Buffalo pop gun version.

If there's a God we will face them again in the playoffs and bury them twice this year. (yeah, yeah, I know)

In what way are they saying the officials are out to get them? I thought it was a pretty evenly called game, but if anything one could argue that the officials gifted them their only TD drive with questionable calls in their favor.

Know who else is disturbing on many levels?

Adult cartoons in general? But you said "who" didn't you? Not sure who could be disturbing as a fat male cartoon character sporting long hair and breasts, enlighten me.

I guess because I offended you, you will answer with me--am I right? Golly.

Here's a bit from Barnwell:

Seasons that changed over 23 minutes of Week 3 madness

On the other hand, much as they did with Dak Prescott last week, the Broncos stacked the box with run defenders and dared Taylor to beat them. The difference is that Taylor delivered. He went 20-of-26 for 213 yards with two touchdowns, and two of those incompletions were drops. Taylor's first touchdown pass came on a throw that was fortuitously deflected by Zay Jones to Andre Holmes, but Taylor was brilliant regardless. He posted a passer rating of 126.0, which is comfortably the best mark any quarterback has posted against the Broncos and their dominant pass defense since the beginning of the 2015 season. Drew Brees was previously the only other passer to make it to triple digits (111.7) over that time frame.

:D Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Now what we all want is for him to keep it up.

The consistency thing is truly what he needs to prove.

If Taylor can consistently play like he did yesterday or in week 1, he'll stick around for 2018 at least, regardless of the fact that we're still likely drafting a QB in the 1st.

But if the passing game woes we saw against Carolina emerges, let's say, 5 or 6 more times this year, that's a huge problem.

Next week will be interesting, that's for sure. Definitely not a week I'll make another one of these bets. I like to quit while I'm ahead 0:)

The creators of Regular Show are about to put out a new show thats strickly for adults and dont have to write "soda" on obvious beer cans to keep the censors off their back.

They really got away with some stuff. Remember the one where Party Pete was grinding on those girls and getting obviously hammered? I'm excited to see what happens when the handcuffs are off.

Edited by GhostsofBillsPast

In what way are they saying the officials are out to get them? I thought it was a pretty evenly called game, but if anything one could argue that the officials gifted them their only TD drive with questionable calls in their favor.

You're absolutely right. The questionable calls went both ways. The von Miller unsportsmanlike is what came up the most, That and the missed PI(think it was Tre, but not sure). I didn't get real far with them (they're real cranky right now). It's probably my fault, they were being such asshats all week I couldn't resist. Think I got banned.