Tre'Davious White among PFF rookie of year leaders

SaviorPeterman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why was it a bad trade then? Got the best CB in the draft, which was a major need after letting Gilmore walk, and an extra 1st next year.

FIFY. ;)

Because they could have done something revolutionary for the franchise.........just take a QB with that pick.

Nate Clements was the first CB selected in the 2001 draft.........traded BACK to get him......still got him........still bad decision because they passed on Drew Brees there.

And your FIFY is exactly the point........if he plays to his ability White is a short term investment in most scenarios.........THIS SCHEME doesn't need a $15M CB and the next regime may want their own guy and then there is the ever present reality that CB's typically don't play 12+ years......a good QB is in his prime at that point.

Because they could have done something revolutionary for the franchise.........just take a QB with that pick.

Nate Clements was the first CB selected in the 2001 draft.........traded BACK to get him......still got him........still bad decision because they passed on Drew Brees there.

And your FIFY is exactly the point........if he plays to his ability White is a short term investment in most scenarios.........THIS SCHEME doesn't need a $15M CB and the next regime may want their own guy and then there is the ever present reality that CB's typically don't play 12+ years......a good QB is in his prime at that point.

IOW you think they should have taken Mahomes or less likely Kizer because they were the only higher-rated QB's available at #10 and who went before the next QB was taken (Peterman) in the 5th round. I don't agree, but we won't know the answer for several years.

As for Brees, the Chargers drafted his replacement because he showed so little his first 3 seasons. And then he too was gone. The same thing would have happened in Buffalo.

As for White, we'll see what happens in 4 years.

IOW you think they should have taken Mahomes or less likely Kizer because they were the only higher-rated QB's available at #10 and who went before the next QB was taken (Peterman) in the 5th round. I don't agree, but we won't know the answer for several years.

As for Brees, the Chargers drafted his replacement because he showed so little his first 3 seasons. And then he too was gone. The same thing would have happened in Buffalo.

What's hilarious is that for most of those 17 years the 1st round contracts ran AT LEAST 5 years.........and still all they have left to show for it is THREE first rounders :lol: ........and they'd have cut Dareus in a heartbeat this summer if it weren't for his cap hit. :lol:

What's hilarious is that for most of those 17 years the 1st round contracts ran AT LEAST 5 years.........and still all they have left to show for it is THREE first rounders :lol: ........and they'd have cut Dareus in a heartbeat this summer if it weren't for his cap hit. :lol:

Yeah but what became of most of those 1st rounders?

Because QB.

Like I said, we'll see in several years where Mahomes (and/or Kizer) is (are).

I'm impressed with White so far as well.

In fact, I'm impressed with White, Zay, and Dawkins. Way too early to pass judgment, but I think you have to go back to 2007 to find a Bills draft where the players taken in rounds 1-3 actually look like they belong in the league at this stage of their careers.

In fact, I'm impressed with White, Zay, and Dawkins. Way too early to pass judgment, but I think you have to go back to 2007 to find a Bills draft where the players taken in rounds 1-3 actually look like they belong in the league at this stage of their careers.

Just wait until Peterman...

I agree with this but not getting my hopes up because technically these guys were all Whaley (and his scouting departments) draft picks even though it's presumed that McDermott had a lot of influence in the final decisions.

And it's not like we haven't seen guys have great rookie seasons only to regress significantly in year two under the same coach/scheme (i.e. Darby).

Hard not to be impressed by White and he definitely looks like the best DB from the draft so far and this scheme seems to fit him perfectly.

check your PM's

Watson? Webb? Beatheard? Dobbs?

Really, it takes like 5 seconds to fact check this stuff.

I'm very happy to see White playing well.

The following is 100% completely objective and honest: Through 2 weeks I have not missed either Gilmore or Darby at all. I haven't even thought of them once during a game (I have, however, thought of Sammy :cry: )

Edited by bobobonators

Watson? Webb? Beatheard? Dobbs?

Really, it takes like 5 seconds to fact check this stuff.

Ugh. I used NFL.com's draft tracker and selected "round" and thought they ordered them by when they were taken. Instead I know see it was by grade.

And out of the list above, I'd add Watson. But it's still a wait-and-see for him/all of them.

Best rookie safety since Henry Jones. An absolutely awesome pick by Beane and Co. I cannot wait to see what 2018 yields and the continued growth of Tre'Davious and Zay.

Beane wasn't hired yet when the draft went down; Whaley was still here, though I'd imagine McD had a tremendous influence on the picks.