Trip to Buffalo - need help/recommendations

trip2buffalo

Coming into town for the game with my buddy. I haven't been back home in years. We are staying downtown and I've heard downtown has changed quite a bit.

I was wondering if I could ask for help for any good bar spots with atmosphere and grub? Also good restaurants. We are mid 30s in age.

I'm not looking for anchor bar tourist type joints if you know what I mean. Authentic spots. Appreciate feedback.

Gabriel's Gate for wings and a dive atmosphere.

I also like Gene McCarthy's for the same.

Boom, this is it right here.

'716' sucks.

I really like Toutant, especially for brunch

Also a good call.

Late night full dinner and a real Buffalo experience , go to Mother's. Wings are off-menu and fantastic.

Big Ditch is right downtown and has pretty good food and they brew excellent beer. Gene Mcarthy's has both good food and beer and has a cool atmosphere. Since it's going to be warm, give Riverworks a try. They just opened up their brewery. Food is middle of the road, but it's a huge facility right on the river and is worth going to just to explore on it's own.

Big Ditch is right downtown and has pretty good food and they brew excellent beer. Gene Mcarthy's has both good food and beer and has a cool atmosphere. Since it's going to be warm, give Riverworks a try. They just opened up their brewery. Food is middle of the road, but it's a huge facility right on the river and is worth going to just to explore on it's own.

this guy knows whats up...

Big Ditch should be on your list

Toutant has great food right by there (big ditch also has pretty good pub grub)

RiverWorks is def. worth checking out. I would walk into 716 just to see it, but dont get any food there, and even if you CAN order a drink (usually busy and bartenders suck, even when they are slow) you probably dont want too

That is a full friday/Saturday right there....if time, checking out Lockhouse Distillery is worth while, might be a good concert at Iron Works too

I'm a big fan of Blackthorn Restaurant and Pub on Seneca in South Buffalo, but it's probably farther than you want to go if you're staying downtown.

Great banana peppers, beer cheddar soup, wings, etc... and they just opened up a beer garden with corn hole and other games. If you're a Notre Dame fan, it's great to watch the game on Saturday too.

Damn. That's prime Allentown right there.

I miss my Richmond Ave apartment so bad.

i was right in the mix for a while. i could walk to the gate, colter bay, coles and other places on elmwood. it was a drive to the south campus from there, but it was well worth it.