Final Play--- drop or bad throw poll

Was the Final Play a drop or bad throw  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Was the final Play a drop or bad throw

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems that everybody has a opinion, so was the last play a drop or bad throw?

Need a little of both - along with not the best route.

The throw was a bit to far inside, Zay cut the route a bit to far toward the sidelines. Zay got both hands on the ball, but awkward - that is maybe a 50/50 catch - so a bit of a drop.

all around a play that is just not good enough by either player.

Edited by Rochesterfan

McDermott was asked about how he dealt with Jones after the game, who apparently was crying in the locker room. He told him, and apparently other players did, that the game wasn't decided on the last play and he'll make plenty of plays in his career.

So far as I've seen, nobody was trying to make him feel better by saying Taylor should have thrown it better.

So it sounds like Taylor put the ball where it was supposed to be and Jones didn't run the route correctly, then failed to adjust to the throw when it was in the air. In The Rockpile Review I put it on Taylor, but it sounds like it was Jones.

McDermott was asked about how he dealt with Jones after the game, who apparently was crying in the locker room. He told him, and apparently other players did, that the game wasn't decided on the last play and he'll make plenty of plays in his career.

So far as I've seen, nobody was trying to make him feel better by saying Taylor should have thrown it better.

So it sounds like Taylor put the ball where it was supposed to be and Jones didn't run the route correctly, then failed to adjust to the throw when it was in the air. In The Rockpile Review I put it on Taylor, but it sounds like it was Jones.

Sal was 10 feet away and breaks it down perfectly

Not a drop, how can anyone call it a drop? He was fully extended and twisting. Would have been an all time great Bills catch.

This poll should be a trip or a bad throw. If Jones doesn't trip he probably makes the catch. He has another step before adjusting to the ball. If the ball was thrown outside its a catch regardless.

Tyrod had a lot of space to drop that in but without the trip it's a completion and a TD.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

That's what I got out of it. Numerous players and coaches spoke about it to some degree. All of them spoke about Jones, none of them about Taylor. That should tell you right there.

That's what I got out of it. Numerous players and coaches spoke about it to some degree. All of them spoke about Jones, none of them about Taylor. That should tell you right there.

Yeah it could tell you also that they want the Rookie to continue development and not let his confidence get down. And dont care what happens with TT because in 2018 he wont be here