Yards Per Pass Twitter - Early All 22 footage

He had less than 2 seconds on that play you loved so much. He gets the ball at the 2 second mark. At the 3 second mark there is pressure on two sides; and by second 4 he's already sacked. 1.5 seconds. Come on man.

I know - its not like any of the other qbs in the league can get the ball out quickly when facing pressure :doh:

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

blame can be distributed to a number factors for the offensive stank this sunday, but is there anyone who really thinks this team doesn't need an upgrade at qb. i've been pretty favorable towards taylor, but the guys is average at best. his legs cover up a number of his shortcomings, but if this team doesn't take a legit shot at a qb next year, i'm going to punch a baby.

What if the baby just got done drinking milk? He will vomit all over your suede shoes.

If Dennison and McDermott were paying attention to film of the Bills from the last 2 + years, they would rip plays like this from the playbook:

https://twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/909937763365130241

And run these kinds of pass plays more often:

https://twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/909951269934116865

https://twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/909946801775669248

In other words, run pass plays that take a little longer to develop - where the receivers are becoming more and more open and spread the field wider as time ticks on.

If they do that, Tyrod will be beating defenses with both his arm and his legs.

Those are the plays he executes the best. And they just so happen to be the biggest plays too.

I would force defenses to try to bring a pass rush/blitz against Tyrod. And I would let Tyrod kill them by extending the plays and hitting the big pass - or just scrambling for 10.

Yes I have looked at other QBs, and have seen plays left on the field but not at the rate here. Specifically not with the first read. And I get you WGR does push a narrative, but I don't use them for my takes, I watch my own film and come up with my own takes.

Well I'm sure you'll understand that I don't just take your word for it. I actually would be interested to see another All-22 article and Russell Wilson would be my top priority because I think he and Tyrod are closer in value than people think. But I can guarantee none of the Buffalo media geniuses will come up with that idea.

Well I'm sure you'll understand that I don't just take your word for it. I actually would be interested to see another All-22 article and Russell Wilson would be my top priority because I think he and Tyrod are closer in value than people think. But I can guarantee none of the Buffalo media geniuses will come up with that idea.

I dont like Wilson that much either. He is a better passer than TT but not by Miles.

What he does actually much better than Tyrod is slide around in the pocket to open those passing windows. Which is another reason i do think TT leaves plays on the field because he doesnt have great pocket movement. And being a short ler QB he needs to have it to open windows.

Yes but Dennison doesn't care what we did on offense he past two years. He said so himself.

That is becoming more and more evident.

The more plays I re-watch of this team, the more convinced I am becoming of the fact that Dennison is an inferior coordinator who thinks it is more important to run his system (Hell be damned) rather than adjust to what his players can execute well. Not 100% convinced yet, but it is trending that way. It's still only game 2. Let's see if/how he adjusts.

The more plays I re-watch of this team, the more convinced I am becoming of the fact that Dennison is an inferior coordinator who thinks it is more important to run his system (Hell be damned) rather than adjust to what his players can execute well. Not 100% convinced yet, but it is trending that way. It's still only game 2. Let's see if/how he adjusts.

You dont say. So he is like a majority of coaches in the NFL that coaches their scheme

What adjustments to TT would you like to see made?

You dont say. So he is like a majority of coaches in the NFL that coaches their scheme

Yes. Still not a good thing unless you have the players to fit that scheme. In fact it is downright stupid. Pounding square pegs into round holes is something you quit trying to do around age 4 maybe sooner.

What adjustments to TT would you like to see made?

If they are going to insist on trying to make him a pocket passer who must throw into traffic - then start Peterman. Tyrod isn't and probably never will be that guy.

And then deal with the consequences of that decision many of which will probably be extremely negative.

If they want to actually win football games this year, you adjust the play calling to try more plays that allow the starters to shine by using their superior talents. As I suggested above.

Yes. Still not a good thing unless you have the players to fit that scheme. In fact it is downright stupid. Pounding square pegs into round holes is something you quit trying to do around age 4 maybe sooner.

And in a transition year does it really matter. Notice the overhaul at DB this offseason and look how that scheme is playing. They are missing pieces on offense. Some pieces are here so keep his scheme that he is going to coach for years and see who can perform and execute and who cannot. This is a TRANSITION YEAR

If they are going to insist on trying to make him a pocket passer who must throw into traffic - then start Peterman. Tyrod isn't and probably never will be that guy.

And then deal with the consequences of that decision many of which will probably be extremely negative.

If they want to actually win football games this year, you adjust the play calling to try more plays that allow the starters to shine by using their superior talents. As I suggested above.

I'll repost what I said in another thread:

But it begs the question of what's the cart and what's the horse? What's better for the team's long term success - adapting the offense to Tyrod's strengths, or seeing if Tyrod can work in this offense.

To me, the actions the team has taken since January are clear and it's up to Tyrod to adapt. Some people look at it as the front office putting Tyrod in a position to fail. I look at it from Suggs' point of view - they want to see Tyrod be a QB.

Let's see what happens with the offense after more than 2 games, especially when one they had over 400 yards.

I'll repost what I said in another thread:

But it begs the question of what's the cart and what's the horse? What's better for the team's long term success - adapting the offense to Tyrod's strengths, or seeing if Tyrod can work in this offense.

To me, the actions the team has taken since January are clear and it's up to Tyrod to adapt. Some people look at it as the front office putting Tyrod in a position to fail. I look at it from Suggs' point of view - they want to see Tyrod be a QB.

I understand your point.

I think it is more about play calling than offensive design. They showed they have plays that suit Taylor's strengths. Call them a lot, lot, lot more often.

You can do that even in a transition year without screwing up any future plans for your offense next year.

I would rather take a shot once every series than run the ball twice into a brick wall and end up punting. I would be taking lots of deep shots on first downs. Connect on a couple - all of a sudden defense is playing scared more cautiously and things start opening up.

The last game, our offensive coordinator and head coach lacked aggression.

They acted like a couple of coaches expecting to lose the game - hoping to steal a win - instead of coaches expecting/planning for their team to dominate the opponent using superior talent at the positions they can.

Let's see what happens with the offense after more than 2 games, especially when one they had over 400 yards.

I agree. It is early.

Edited by PolishDave

I understand your point.

I think it is more about play calling than offensive design. They showed they have plays that suit Taylor's strengths. Call them a lot, lot, lot more often.

You can do that even in a transition year without screwing up any future plans for your offense next year.

I would rather take a shot once every series than run the ball twice into a brick wall and end up punting. I would be taking lots of deep shots on first downs. Connect on a couple - all of a sudden defense is playing scared more cautiously and things start opening up.

The last game, our offensive coordinator and head coach lacked aggression.

I agree. It is early.

But we don't know what the full extent of the play calls were. We only see the plays that Tyrod ran and where he threw the ball.

My review of his passes showed a bi-polar tendency - he either went with his first read or he bailed on the play completely when it broke down. Unless someone can correct me on the plays, but I did not see him throwing to a second read. (I'm not counting dump off passes after 3 seconds as second reads)

So if you are the OC and are dealing with a QB who's clearly struggling to pick up your offense, what kind of plays do you call - keep the routes short and safe to build up his confidence or dial up the aggressiveness to move the ball? That's a dilemma they're going through right now. But having said that, there were many, many options for long gains where Tyrod never pulled the trigger.