Yards Per Pass Twitter - Early All 22 footage

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maj, what do you think of this play?

Like this play verticals on the outside and a Dig in the middle.

Tyrod hangs in the pocked delivers on time in the window to the dig. People may want to pick is apart because Holmes gets open late on the right vertical however the first read was the Dig and it was there. This was a good play.

I have used this play as defense of TT leaving the Dig on the field with Zay as well during the Hi/Low crosser route.

You do see a lot of High Low crossing patterns in this game, they fully gameplanned to beat a Zone heavy defense and was faced with a Man heavy defensive scheme in the first half

You do see a lot of High Low crossing patterns in this game, they fully gameplanned to beat a Zone heavy defense and was faced with a Man heavy defensive scheme in the first half

Yeah... which means you're running routes right into their zone. ugh.

I think my biggest concern was the unwillingness to try anything to get the run game going. We didn't attack with PA and zone-read to use their aggressiveness against them.

Yeah... which means you're running routes right into their zone. ugh.

I think my biggest concern was the unwillingness to try anything to get the run game going. We didn't attack with PA and zone-read to use their aggressiveness against them.

What part of PlayAction would really have worked we couldn't run the ball.

Carolina played the way they played on defense because they did not repsect the passing games one Ioda

What part of PlayAction would really have worked we couldn't run the ball.

Carolina played the way they played on defense because they did not repsect the passing games one Ioda

They're swarming the ball, and our QB is fast... it worked the few times we did try it. I get what you mean saying you can't run why would it work, but we were getting blown up by their speed.

I also think zone-read and spreading them out a bit more would've helped some.. at least create some 1x1 matchups instead of a wall of people.

We're likely to see a lot of this against denver - they have big physical corners who will probably play a bunch of press man against us. We have to be at least a little prepared for that.

Edited by dneveu

They're swarming the ball, and our QB is fast... it worked the few times we did try it. I get what you mean saying you can't run why would it work, but we were getting blown up by their speed.

I also think zone-read and spreading them out a bit more would've helped some.. at least create some 1x1 matchups instead of a wall of people.

There is something also wrong with Shady, he can claim all he wants that the groin didn't bother him, but there was no plant the foot and cut back, none or very little, if your back cant or wont do that in a Zone Stretch seam its on him. I know people want to complain about no misdirection, every Zone Stretch run has built in misdirection, but it is RB choice based on Vision.

There is something also wrong with Shady, he can claim all he wants that the groin didn't bother him, but there was no plant the foot and cut back, none or very little, if your back cant or wont do that in a Zone Stretch seam its on him. I know people want to complain about no misdirection, every Zone Stretch run has built in misdirection, but it is RB choice based on Vision.

Yeah - i didn't see a ton with regards to cutback lanes. It seemed like there was penetration on every play. Unfortunately we have to beat them with the pass, and if they're playing press man then its going to involve some new stuff we haven't seen yet. Bunch formations, motion etc.

Yeah - i didn't see a ton with regards to cutback lanes. It seemed like there was penetration on every play. Unfortunately we have to beat them with the pass, and if they're playing press man then its going to involve some new stuff we haven't seen yet. Bunch formations, motion etc.

Until this passing offense can show it can beat press man, and or aggressive zone schemes there is absolutely no reason for any team not to load up and sell out to stop Shady. And I hope he stays healthy because Tolbert running for a hurt shady :sick:

Edited by MAJBobby

Ok got it so showing you twi timelines that have posted Numerous left plays on the field will not change your opinion that there is noone open and TT has not playmakers.

At least I understand that now.

Fact is leaving plays on the field passing wise is a reoccurring theme every game of every year TT has been QB. But you keep blaming lack of weapons even if said weapons are running open

It's a recurring theme with every QB.

It's a recurring theme with every QB.

Sure it is. Sure.

Cause you know EVERY QB has left so much on the field that analysts every year talk about their leaving plays on the field and lack of throws intermediate inside the numbers right?

Edited by MAJBobby

Sure it is. Sure.

Have you ever tried, say, going through Cam's film and looking for the same things? I always wonder how many "open receivers" get missed by other QBs. I had never seen this type of analysis about anyone in the NFL until Tyrod Taylor came to town. Other team forums post All-22s but I never see fans outside of Buffalo trying to find open receivers the QB missed. There are people criticizing our best play of the game, a strike over the middle to Jordan Matthews, because on the right-most side of the field Kaelin Clay is running a vertical route and appears to come open in 1-on-1 coverage. I think you are smart enough to know the vertical route was the last progression and Tyrod was never going there once he saw Matthews had a window. But the average fan doesn't know that.

Until this passing offense can show it can beat press man, and or aggressive zone schemes there is absolutely no reason for any team not to load up and sell out to stop Shady. And I hope he stays healthy because Tolbert running for a hurt shady :sick:

If we can't run the ball we're going to be pretty poopy. On some of the plays it looked like our guys were like.. on top of each other in their routes. I'd like to see some mesh/pick type stuff. Use Clay to create space for McCoy. I like the angle routes if we have a LB in man with a back - usually a check down that picks up a few extra yards.

And if they're pressing then we need to find a way to get our guys off the line and to their spots on time.

Have you ever tried, say, going through Cam's film and looking for the same things? I always wonder how many "open receivers" get missed by other QBs. I had never seen this type of analysis about anyone in the NFL until Tyrod Taylor came to town. Other team forums post All-22s but I never see fans outside of Buffalo trying to find open receivers the QB missed. There are people criticizing our best play of the game, a strike over the middle to Jordan Matthews, because on the right-most side of the field Kaelin Clay is running a vertical route and appears to come open in 1-on-1 coverage. I think you are smart enough to know the vertical route was the last progression and Tyrod was never going there once he saw Matthews had a window. But the average fan doesn't know that.

Where did I criticize the play I didn't. I said it was a really executed Dig, and have used that same exact play in defense of my other Dig that he ignored when someone wants to come at me about a LBer and a Safety un the 27 yard dig by 10 yards.

If we can't run the ball we're going to be pretty poopy. On some of the plays it looked like our guys were like.. on top of each other in their routes. I'd like to see some mesh/pick type stuff. Use Clay to create space for McCoy. I like the angle routes if we have a LB in man with a back - usually a check down that picks up a few extra yards.

And if they're pressing then we need to find a way to get our guys off the line and to their spots on time.

Perfect example. there is a Holmes Comeback route.

Why does it take TT an extra hitch for that ball to come out, which allows the CB to make a play on the ball (missed and was completed but not the point). That is a full timing route. WR gets to the top of the route, has outside leverage that throw needs to come out on the top of the drop (while WR is not even turned yet) so when he comes out of the break the ball is there.

Instead what happens most of the time QB gets to top of the route, hitches until the WR fully turns then delivers the ball, or starts to panic and run around.

When you are in a Timing Rhythm passing scheme those presnap reads are vital to make sure that you Ball gets out on time.

Edited by MAJBobby

Where did I criticize the play I didn't. I said it was a really executed Dig, and have used that same exact play in defense of my other Dig that he ignored when someone wants to come at me about a LBer and a Safety un the 27 yard dig by 10 yards

Bobby if you read my post again, I wasn't calling you specifically out for that. I'm just saying that's how stupid this narrative has gotten because it has been pushed by the likes of WGR. On perfectly executed plays there are still fans thinking we should have gotten more.

And I was just wondering if you'd ever looked at another QB's All-22 to see if you notice the same things. I have tried finding that kind of analysis for other QBs and it isn't out there. I would love to see something like for a few games of Russell Wilson just to see what is found.

Like this play verticals on the outside and a Dig in the middle.

Tyrod hangs in the pocked delivers on time in the window to the dig. People may want to pick is apart because Holmes gets open late on the right vertical however the first read was the Dig and it was there. This was a good play.

I have used this play as defense of TT leaving the Dig on the field with Zay as well during the Hi/Low crosser route.

My question is did he read the safety correctly? Should he have thrown at Holmes knowing the safety was squatting giving him a chance at beating the CB 1-1? There was no help over the top Edited by the skycap

Bobby if you read my post again, I wasn't calling you specifically out for that. I'm just saying that's how stupid this narrative has gotten because it has been pushed by the likes of WGR. On perfectly executed plays there are still fans thinking we should have gotten more.

And I was just wondering if you'd ever looked at another QB's All-22 to see if you notice the same things. I have tried finding that kind of analysis for other QBs and it isn't out there. I would love to see something like for a few games of Russell Wilson just to see what is found.

Yes I have looked at other QBs, and have seen plays left on the field but not at the rate here. Specifically not with the first read. And I get you WGR does push a narrative, but I don't use them for my takes, I watch my own film and come up with my own takes.

My question is did he read the safety correctly? Should he have thrown at Holmes knowing the safety was squatting giving him a chance at beating the CB 1-1? There was no help over the top

Hard to tell his he read the safey correctly presnap, not long enough presnap, but to me it looks like they showed Cover-2 presnap, meaning Dig should be the first read

Edited by MAJBobby

blame can be distributed to a number factors for the offensive stank this sunday, but is there anyone who really thinks this team doesn't need an upgrade at qb. i've been pretty favorable towards taylor, but the guys is average at best. his legs cover up a number of his shortcomings, but if this team doesn't take a legit shot at a qb next year, i'm going to punch a baby.

I also believe there was lingering issue with Shady. I think the groin is bothering him more than let on. Even still there were too many in the box for this line to handle and the defense was too fast for Shady to be Shady. Just a terrible matchup for a running game offense no matter what back you have.